FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Any official announcements yet?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 03 200519 years241st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Sep 24 14:2523rd Sep 24 17:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:22 pm  
wire quin wrote:
Toughen up you soft sod. Its RL and you come from the Shot! Where is your pride?

Yes, but I was born in Epsom :-)

In all seriousness I can hardly walk on occasions when it gets cold. When it reaches that level watching sport is irrelevant.

I hope to be at the Royal Navy Challenge Cup game. I won't know until the day whether I will be capable of doing so. Unfortunately the longer journey times to The Hive mean I am more likely to miss early season games now. I don't expect Broncos to pick their ground for my benefit though.

Sadly I do have to consider this sort of thing now. Believe me I'd love to turn the clock back two years so it wasn't an issue.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7343
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 08 200420 years334th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd May 24 14:0222nd May 24 14:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
For contributions, remittances, payments, and all other matters of any responsibility, please refer to someone else.

“The British people love a good hero and a good hate”
Lord Northcliffe

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:34 pm  
Dan Stains woz God wrote:
Prices are reasonable but it all seems a bit complicated to me.

Will have to study it again.

Bit annoying you can't sort it over the phone...can't say I want a trek over to Barnet.

It does seem a terrible faff, and it appears that there is a "joining fee" equivalent to one month's membership. The only thing that is not really clear, probably quite deliberately too, is whether the joining fee in January, which is off-season is charget at off-season rate or on-season rate? I suspect you have to pay the "on-season rate" for joining even if you're "off-season".

All this tw@ting around with memberships seems like a scam to keep fans paying money when they've nothing of interest to offer. I realise beggars can't be choosers, but how many other clubs apart from Barnet FC actually have this kind of arrangement? Are there are any serious clubs out there that do this? It's just so much easier to have an up front season price to pay each year and then it's sorted. And what's the deal with the bars, am I right in thinking you need to pay extra for your membership if you want to go for a drink? What about people buying on the day (especially away fans) are we going to tell them no beer? All very strange to someone who is used to proper season tickets.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jun 15 02:4314th Feb 15 04:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 pm  
jaybs wrote:
Well Blake Solly could be then contacted to ask why it has been cancelled, as he is going to be present!

Blake Solly will be there for Gus to hide behind. A fans forum with the CEO and the RFL mouthpiece? If it had happened in September, then yeah, I see the point, but the week before the season starts when "fans" will already know the cost of supporting their team and will only be concerned with on-field matters? Pointless exercise really.... :roll:

The main questions that needs asking is what is the 1 year, 3 year and 5 year strategic plan for the club and what measures have been put in place to bankroll us should the owner of the Hive resent having to pay for something he currently gets paid to host?

I doubt there will be anything like an answer, given the clubs 2013 sponsors asked for a business/marketing plan at a recent meeting to try and renew the deal (pittance by the way....not worth a pittance) and Gus didn't have one! :roll:

jaybs wrote:
Barnet FC seem to be working on their supporters!
http://www.barnetfc.com/news/article/re ... 95705.aspx

Snoopy wrote:
That is very good to see. If we can pick up a few hundred newbies from them it will all help create a good atmosphere. :D

A few Hundred eh. Personally, I couldn't move for Brentford fans at Griffin park and don't get me started on the Charlton supporters that followed us across town :lol:

So, open day at short notice with a chance for some more pearls of wisdom from TR in the bar afterwards? Brilliant. I look forward to PC Plum's reports on the standard of toilets and how keen and eager the "hungry players" all look whislt running between cones and in passing drills.

Great tactics from the club...starve fans of info for 4 months then when it's released, nobody cares if it's good or bad news..... :CRAZY:
jaybs wrote:
Well Blake Solly could be then contacted to ask why it has been cancelled, as he is going to be present!

Blake Solly will be there for Gus to hide behind. A fans forum with the CEO and the RFL mouthpiece? If it had happened in September, then yeah, I see the point, but the week before the season starts when "fans" will already know the cost of supporting their team and will only be concerned with on-field matters? Pointless exercise really.... :roll:

The main questions that needs asking is what is the 1 year, 3 year and 5 year strategic plan for the club and what measures have been put in place to bankroll us should the owner of the Hive resent having to pay for something he currently gets paid to host?

I doubt there will be anything like an answer, given the clubs 2013 sponsors asked for a business/marketing plan at a recent meeting to try and renew the deal (pittance by the way....not worth a pittance) and Gus didn't have one! :roll:

jaybs wrote:
Barnet FC seem to be working on their supporters!
http://www.barnetfc.com/news/article/re ... 95705.aspx

Snoopy wrote:
That is very good to see. If we can pick up a few hundred newbies from them it will all help create a good atmosphere. :D

A few Hundred eh. Personally, I couldn't move for Brentford fans at Griffin park and don't get me started on the Charlton supporters that followed us across town :lol:

So, open day at short notice with a chance for some more pearls of wisdom from TR in the bar afterwards? Brilliant. I look forward to PC Plum's reports on the standard of toilets and how keen and eager the "hungry players" all look whislt running between cones and in passing drills.

Great tactics from the club...starve fans of info for 4 months then when it's released, nobody cares if it's good or bad news..... :CRAZY:
RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 15 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Nov 17 00:3524th Nov 17 23:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination"

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:51 pm  
Kelvin's Ferret wrote:
It does seem a terrible faff, and it appears that there is a "joining fee" equivalent to one month's membership. The only thing that is not really clear, probably quite deliberately too, is whether the joining fee in January, which is off-season is charget at off-season rate or on-season rate? I suspect you have to pay the "on-season rate" for joining even if you're "off-season".

All this tw@ting around with memberships seems like a scam to keep fans paying money when they've nothing of interest to offer. I realise beggars can't be choosers, but how many other clubs apart from Barnet FC actually have this kind of arrangement? Are there are any serious clubs out there that do this? It's just so much easier to have an up front season price to pay each year and then it's sorted. And what's the deal with the bars, am I right in thinking you need to pay extra for your membership if you want to go for a drink? What about people buying on the day (especially away fans) are we going to tell them no beer? All very strange to someone who is used to proper season tickets.

Hive bar is open to all before and after the match, premium members get access to bar in west stand/ or amber lounge in east stand.
Away fans have access to their own bar in the away end.

I've never gone for a season ticket as I've never had all the money up front so personally I prefer the membership model but some barnet fans asked the same question and they paid 1 year in advance instead of monthly.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 18 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jun 17 17:2811th Jun 17 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:59 pm  
Aw what a load of rubbish! Look at the time 8-30 on that's far too early! the Hive is too far from everywhere TR will only talk babble! Whats the point watching em train on 3G pitch? tickets on sale, pah they will never sell? membership scheme damn that's rubbish, ticket prices announced, the cheap ones are not cheap enough, the expensive ones are too expensive. Web site still not fully updated all is woe!!!
Whats the point of a fans forum? blah blah!! any whinges I have missed? thought I would try and get em all in first!

damn was too slow.
missed out we need a fans forum, you have got one, its not ggod enough your not gonna say anything sensible and or its the wrong place/time of day/month.
We need input and answers from the RFL, noo what are the rfl doing here? whats it do with them!!!
prices are gonna be all wrong
the bar is the wrong shape, they sell the wrong beer, no its the right beer but in the wrong shaped glass.
Seats are too soft/seats are too hard
I cant stand up it will make my feet hurt! there is not enough room to stand up!!!
Toilet paper is too rough! toilet paper is not rough enough :lol:
woe woe woe is us
They have given us some info and its just too much info/not enough info too confusing

whey hey good news! sadly am gonna be on my way to the Azores Bermuda and Vegas on sat hey ho! so gonna miss it
Good to see its coming together! just need to hear about some more players
Cmon Laaaaandon!!!!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm  
mickyb1234 wrote:
<snip>

If you're happy being fed bollox and then asking for seconds, then good for you Michael, but don't get all defensive when pertinent questions are asked.
For example, the pricing of the tickets is neither here nor there. They are priced and they will sell.....the pro's and con's of the scheme in irrelevant to fans like yourself who will pay to watch the game regardless.
What is important though is and I especially refer to fans who have followed this club through various guises, what is the long term plan for the club?
Even the announcement that we were at the Hive was not crystal clear as to the duration of the arrangement. It pointed to a shift in responsibilities in Year 2,with a further option of more involvement in year 3? This smacks of TK not wanting a loving thing to do with us at the end of the 1st or even 2nd year if we aren't at the top table.
Now, forgive me for caring about the clubs future rather than the instant gratification you so widely applaud, but all that has happened here is a bad decision was made when we said we were moving and we essentially painted ourselves into a corner, whereby, the Hive was the only option we had.

Hey, I get it. 13 Match-days at the Hive is great news for you and you can get your fix of top flight Rugby League, but when it all ends in tears.....and make no mistake Michael, it will end in tears, then you'll be asking, where did it all go wrong. And I'll tell you....it went wrong on the 14th of January 2011 when we handed control of the club to an inept sports administrator who had overseen downturns in his previous roles and who, it looks very much like, has totally destroyed the Club that a lot of us actually hold dear to our hearts.

Enjoy the Hive....I suspect we'll see the usual surge (lol...surge) of interest before it won't matter what membership you've bought, you'll be able to sit where you want!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 16 200519 years336th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Jan 24 18:591st Jan 24 20:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:15 pm  
Have a look at (not sure if direct link will work) http://www.footballgroundguide.com/barnet/ which provides a guide to the ground, access to beer at the ground and suggests a couple of pubs.
Have a look at (not sure if direct link will work) http://www.footballgroundguide.com/barnet/ which provides a guide to the ground, access to beer at the ground and suggests a couple of pubs.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 18 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jun 17 17:2811th Jun 17 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:27 pm  
gutters!!
what is the point in me whining about summat that apparently happened in 2011!
as I have said before its gone! what will happen will happen.
For someone who cares so much about the future you spend an awful lot of time spouting on about the past!
If you are proved right at the end of the year then you can sit and gloat happily.
If you are proved wrong then I am sure you will be predicting doom and gloom for the following season so either outcome you will be happy mate.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:

eels fan wrote:

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:35 pm  
mickyb1234 wrote:
gutters!!
what is the point in me whining about summat that apparently happened in 2011!
as I have said before its gone! what will happen will happen.
For someone who cares so much about the future you spend an awful lot of time spouting on about the past!
If you are proved right at the end of the year then you can sit and gloat happily.
If you are proved wrong then I am sure you will be predicting doom and gloom for the following season so either outcome you will be happy mate.

1. The point is, if you don't question the motives and plans for the future, then you have little recourse to enquire why the hell it all ended in tears.
2. I started telling the club that they were inept in 2002.....I have been proven right at nearly every turn, but have little intention of ever gloating about being right!
3. If I am proven wrong I will be the first to put my hand up and say I was wrong. I was 27% out regarding the attendance at RLWC and have happily put my hand up (with no mention of tickets for a fiver :wink: )
4. I care about the London Broncos because I care about RL in the Capital, as well as in the UK......it's because I care that I get passionate about it. If it was about standing their politely applauding I'd have stuck to Union.......but I refuse to sit by idly and watch the club being stripped of everything that made it worth supporting.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 14 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Apr 15 18:1430th Mar 15 21:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Any official announcements yet? : Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 pm