Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com

THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS

available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK

The UK's leading RL book publishers.

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 pm  
I agree a bad deal is better than none at all. But an analysis of how we got into this mess is apposite too. We are still a basket case with the thinnest squad in SL. Still I will try to enjoy the coming season. Long may the debate conynue.

COYB 2014 Gigot and the Broncos got a ring to in.
RLLDN 
RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 201411 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Sep 16 06:4410th Sep 15 20:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:08 pm  
mickyb1234 wrote:
a crap deal or folding or not getting ourselves in the position in the first place, the clock cannot be turned back, so you are left with the first two options, gutters we are where we are!! the clock cannot be turned back

Unless you're Michael J. Fox or L'Oreal. (Sorry, really starting to get into this Babylon Police Comedy drama on Channel 4).

True. I agree. We can only hope to learn from our mistakes, that is all we have. Let's defy the odds and get the lads thinking they CAN. Lets do this Broncos!
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Jun 15 02:4314th Feb 15 04:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:52 pm  
mickyb1234 wrote:
So the cost for the stoop was either 18.5k or or 15.8 per game?

The cost of the stoop is irrelevant. Matchday costs, which include the cost of the stadium in 2012 were £222,244....that year we made losses of £2,202,049! 10% of out losses were down to the cost of the stoop.......will this simple equation not sink in Michael? :BEAT:
mickyb1234 wrote:
Your comment on smoke screen and the cost of coffee, I do believe you asked for specifics, I gave you a specific, from a fans point of view its better than the rip off at the stoop, and the bar staff smile at you at least unlike the grumpy lot at the stoop.

Gus would love it is the only matter of conversation was the cost of a coffee and the smile it came with......and I suggest the smile was pleasant because there was only 50 of you there. Let's see what it's like when 1,000 people hit the bar looking for a beer in 10 minutes over half time.

mickyb1234 wrote:
As for use of the facilities at the stoop, mate I spent long enough last season and the season before in the tunnel on match day, their were facilities that were NOT made available to the broncos that is a fact.

As I said, until we started getting arsey, we had access to everything we wanted. The relationship broke down when IL was replaced with DH and then once we started making sounds about leaving, we no longer became anything other than an annoyance. We were not asked to move out of the offices at the stoop...we chose to!
mickyb1234 wrote:
You are happy to quote all other figures, marketing funding by the RFL is not solely London all clubs benefit, what was suggested at the forum is that the RFL should think about marketing the GAME more in the south considering our catchment area. It was a follow on to all the talk the RFL gave to success of the RLWC.

so? We are a business. Businesses provide a product or service and they try to get people to buy it. Over the last 18 years we have failed.....over tha last 3 we have failed with bells on and fist class honours! It is not for the club to wait for the RFL to dosomething. David Hughes has wasted 10,000,000+ on a club that he will never get back. His failings and those of his puppet CEO's can't be laid at Knock down Nigels feet..,....that is an entirely different thread!

mickyb1234 wrote:
The club spent at least 40k last year on market btw
..WoW......massive drop from 2012 then. £205,944 in 2012, £242,524 the year before and £267,943 in 2010

Michael, I don't pull these figures out of a hat. If your £40k in 2013 is true then the club should be stripped of its licence.

mickyb1234 wrote:
no-one has said we are better off than in 2011, everyone at the forum probably agreed we have gone backwards massively.

YET THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE IS STILL ON A WAGE........and you expect something to change :CRAZY: :CRAZY: :CRAZY:

mickyb1234 wrote:
DH is still the bloke who owns us and is the money man so basically its down to him to appoint the CEO

for 1 more year....then the RFL don't have to worry about us any more because we will slip into the lower tier. As for the money for 2014....the RFL have given our new landlord a marketing budget. If I wasn't such a devoted fan of the RFL, I could maybe look upon that as the RFL PAYING HIM TO TAKE US FOR ONE MORE YEAR TO SEE OUT THE LICENCING PERIOD......but hey, that would be pure speculation :lol:

mickyb1234 wrote:
Player sponsorship, actually they have put a price on it!

They didn't when they first announced it......but good to see they have now decided on a figure. I wonder if they will update us as to the availability of players as they begin to attract throngs of sponsors..... :roll:

mickyb1234 wrote:
Willing and hungry diners!!!! don't know what you mean! questions were asked, and they gave answers honestly, there was no flannel, there was no bullshit.[/quote

We admit we have made mistakes and we accept we need to improve........where else did they say they had got it wrong?
We know we need to communicate with fans more effectively.......no poop Sherlock?

Honesty? Honesty is for kids caught stealing.....REALISM is what is needed in business. The Current CEO has overseen losses in excess of over £6,500,000 on a turn over of £12,300,000 in 3 years.

LET ME TYPE THAT AGAIN FOR YOU

losses in excess of over £6,500,000 on a turn over of £12,300,000 in 3 years.

mickyb1234 wrote:
Melf, I don't think anyone is actually saying TK should take over now, but as you say in a year or two or three years time who knows what is going to happen.

London Broncos will not be in SL and will be struggling unless the funding of the expansion team is given a major overhaul. TK will not be investing anything he doesn't get back over the bar or on the gate.

mickyb1234 wrote:
TK stood up and fended questions and seemed pretty genuine, again no flannel no bullshit yep he said their had been hickups and their were still things that needed work but importantly he was willing to listen to what the club and the supporters want and need to make it a success

Ad I have said, he's a salesman. His #1 concern is making sure he doesn't lose money this year, not ensuring that London Broncos stay up. We are tenants.....his tenants. I really wish people would stop pretending we are anything but.

Michael, I get it. We are lucky to have a team and we are even luckier to have a ground to play out of, but the reality is we are far worse off now than we were even at the end of 2011 after a year of Gus and all that confusion over what game we played. But, I will not sit here and applaud or even give an audible sigh of relief.....it's a loving farce and a 100% avoidable one at that!
The name change failed. The first attempt to move us failed and this move will fail. Not because I say it will and most assuredly not because I want it to (because I don't), but because they are making exactly the same loving mistakes that they have made time and time again.

I can think of no other business that would reward it's CEO with another 12 months salary for delivering losses of 53% of turn over in 3 years :FRUSRATED:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 18 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jun 17 17:2811th Jun 17 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:35 pm  
you know gutters typing in bigger font makes no difference,
and why do you have to resort to swearing? all know what you mean when you say "loving" and their is no real need for it.
Yes we all agree we are doomed doomed, those of us that turn up this year are gonna be watching poop, and we are all playing in to the hands of Gus, mate I am not asking you to start singing his praises.
We get it you are peed off with everything that the club stands for and everyone involved.
But if its the last season watching em coz we are down the pan as you insist, then sod it I will try and enjoy any bit of it that I can.
Just do some of us a favour and keep your gloating in check a bit until its happened, its ok you will only have to wait till Sunday aft before you can give it "i told you so"
personally its about the 17 blokes who are gonna go out on the park.
I will say tho I find it quite interesting that you have so much to say about a meeting that you were not even at!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 18 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:52 pm  
as for TK being a business man and us being his tenants, what is your point?

My figure out of a hat! you are happy enough to spew figures etc we are all supposed to listen to yours but you will not listen to someone else's!?
So whinge whinge we did not get a forum when we wanted on, now we have got one, its whinge whinge whinge, we asked questions they answered and that's not good enough.
As for the RFL quip no I was not suggesting its Dave woods fault, but even Blake Solly agreed the FL could do more to promote the game as a whole in the south.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:55 pm  
mickyb1234 wrote:
I will say tho I find it quite interesting that you have so much to say about a meeting that you were not even at!

I was far far away Michael, although apparently, it was mentioned that a "Live" link to NZ might be in order for the next one, which I am led to believe cause much mirth. Even the crap African fielder accepts that I do what I do because I want the club to succeed, not because I want it to fail and it speaks volumes that one of the only smiles they can raise is at my expense.

Michael, it really isn't about 17 guys on the park. If it were, the the Skolars and the other clubs would have picked up more than the handful of fans off the Broncos over the years.
It is actually quite "tribal" in its nature, in that this is "our" team and we will shout for them and support them through thick and thin and "woe be" the supporter from outside who dares slag us off. God knows I have defended us over the years from idiots who can't see past their own front gate, but I refuse to sit by quietly whilst the heart that has been ripped from "our" club is now stomped on by uncaring fools who I wouldn't trust to tie their own shoe laces.

Fact remains that the same owner and the same CEO, together with the same coach from a record breaking bad year in 2013 are still at the helm in 2014.....the only real difference is that this years team are weaker than last years. and the coffee is a bit cheaper.

Roll on Widnes when the fun can start in earnest.
j.c 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Sep 19 08:438th Nov 18 09:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
22/03/2013
Get LEIGH outta wigan

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:05 am  
gutterfax wrote:
I was far far away Michael, although apparently, it was mentioned that a "Live" link to NZ might be in order for the next one, which I am led to believe cause much mirth. Even the crap African fielder accepts that I do what I do because I want the club to succeed, not because I want it to fail and it speaks volumes that one of the only smiles they can raise is at my expense.

Michael, it really isn't about 17 guys on the park. If it were, the the Skolars and the other clubs would have picked up more than the handful of fans off the Broncos over the years.
It is actually quite "tribal" in its nature, in that this is "our" team and we will shout for them and support them through thick and thin and "woe be" the supporter from outside who dares slag us off. God knows I have defended us over the years from idiots who can't see past their own front gate, but I refuse to sit by quietly whilst the heart that has been ripped from "our" club is now stomped on by uncaring fools who I wouldn't trust to tie their own shoe laces.

Fact remains that the same owner and the same CEO, together with the same coach from a record breaking bad year in 2013 are still at the helm in 2014.....the only real difference is that this years team are weaker than last years. and the coffee is a bit cheaper.

Roll on Widnes when the fun can start in earnest.

What kind of an input are DH,Gus and rea going to have now that the club has been turned over to kleanthous Long and grimma
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:

eels fan wrote:

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:13 am  
mickyb1234 wrote:
as for TK being a business man and us being his tenants, what is your point?

We rolled out our previous landlord at the start of the last tenancy.........remind me again how that turned out?

mickyb1234 wrote:
My figure out of a hat! you are happy enough to spew figures etc we are all supposed to listen to yours but you will not listen to someone else's!?

My figures are in the form of a powerpoint presentation on Broncos headed stationary that was supplied to me by the RFL....feel free to tell me who told you we spent 40k (3k a game) marketing the only professional RL club in London in 2013 and I'll be happy to accept it as fact. If it is fact, I repeat, London should have been stripped of their licence immediately!The Marketing wages in 2012 were more than double your "claimed" entire spend in 2013......and in 2012 we sacked the 2 staff half way through the year!

mickyb1234 wrote:
So whinge whinge we did not get a forum when we wanted on, now we have got one, its whinge whinge whinge, we asked questions they answered and that's not good enough.

Michael. I suggest you step back from the club, take off your replica shirt and rose tinted specs and look at the entire forum, it's content, what was said and what wasn't. Then ask yourself, what did you walk out of there knowing about the back office goings on of the business that you didn't already know.

mickyb1234 wrote:
As for the RFL quip no I was not suggesting its Dave woods fault, but even Blake Solly agreed the FL could do more to promote the game as a whole in the south.

Blake Solly agreed? Bloody hell......well what a relief :lol:
If there was a prize for swallowing the largest amount of platitudes soaked up in a lovely sauce made of spin, I suspect certain fans on here would wear their rosettes with pride.

To recap...the forum revealed:

The club have made errors but it's going to be OK now
The Club know they need to communicate better with their fans....insightful.
The Landlord is in receipt of money from the RFL to market us....he's a wizard at it. Look at Barnet FC gates!
The Team is short of some key players and experience but TR is hopeful of filling these...aren't we all Tony?
The Team will segment the season into key sections...so as not to get on too long a losing streak :lol:
The Away strip (white/offwhite hoops) and other stuff will be available no later than 2nd home game...early as ever.
300k schoolkids will be targeted to promote RL. These are the same kids that have already had soccer promoted to them
Jamie O'C is back training with the Broncos......Jesus Wept.....JOC :shock:

.....yep, I feel better already about the Broncos in 2014. How in Gods name did I get so negative :?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 18 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am  
Actually gutters that's all it boils down too! the 17 blokes who pull the shirt on and throw the ball about, ok half the time they drop the ruddy thing but hey ho.
I agree with you that the club has gone backwards, and yes I agree that if we stay in the top 12 it will be a hell of a shock, but the truth of the matter is, without DH/TK we would not even be here! So until, you, paddock, me, or someone else can find the next money man, then I will say it again, it is what it is and there is not a lot WE can do. Fine rant on here quote numbers on here, come up with stats on here, at the minute we don't have a doc K coming in with a fat wallet.
I for one though will get behind the blokes on the park when they play and support em. Because as I say its about that 80 minutes each week and the 17 blokes in the hooped shirts with the donkey on the chest.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
dally messenger wrote:

eels fan wrote:

Re: Fans Forum 8th February : Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:19 am  
j.c wrote:
What kind of an input are DH,Gus and rea going to have now that the club has been turned over to kleanthous Long and grimma

what?
DH own the club, Gus is his CEO and TR is the Head Coach........
Kleanthous is the Landlord,
Sean Long and Grimma are assistant coaches.....

DH will make up any financial shortfall in 2014 (to a certain level below that of previous years)
Gus will negotiate :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: with sponsors :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rea will coach the team and oversee selection.

....unless you've been told otherwise?
PreviousNext