Board index Championship London Broncos Yet Another win against Wakefield time travellers

Post subject: Re: Yet Another win against Wakefield time travellers
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:24 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

northernbloke wrote:Difference with coaches sitting high up is they are looking at patterns of play looking for chinks in play.
What I find interesting is the fan sat at back of stand shouting at the ref for holding down when they cant hear the surrender or dominant call. Or same fan sat in the stand who can judge a knock on from 80 mtrs away better than the refs that are 10 mtrs away

Where do you keep getting 80 metres away from? I sit on the half way line and very little if any of the play is 80 metres away, unless your saying that all contentious decisions only happen 80 metres awa? Yet you seem to defend them from a similar viewpoint or even worse when behind the sticks.

Don't get this siege mentality you have about refs they're human and will make mistakes but you seem to be a bit of an apologist for anything a ref does wrong.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:47 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not apologising for anyone, simply stating I prefer watching games at pitch level, certainly at London that way you get to hear the calls, you get to hear the players talking to each other.
As for where you sit, good for you puts you 50 mtrs from every try line though that's on yr side. And yep opposite corners of the pitch a good 80
That's unless yr suggesting most of the play is on halfway line on yr side.
So yep I tend to trust the blokes who are 10 mtrs away from an event than someone who at closest point to any play is at best 20 mtrs

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:22 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

northernbloke wrote:Not apologising for anyone, simply stating I prefer watching games at pitch level, certainly at London that way you get to hear the calls, you get to hear the players talking to each other.
As for where you sit, good for you puts you 50 mtrs from every try line though that's on yr side. And yep opposite corners of the pitch a good 80
That's unless yr suggesting most of the play is on halfway line on yr side.
So yep I tend to trust the blokes who are 10 mtrs away from an event than someone who at closest point to any play is at best 20 mtrs

No I'm not suggesting that I was pointing out the stupidity of you saying that people are 80 mtrs away from a disputed decision. You might want to review what you've posted and note that I've shown your error and not try and twist it. Interestingly you have a similar view but from eye level for the other half of the pitch but you seem to have a view on a decision anywhere on the pitch don't you?

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 12:43 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

No
What I suggest is the bloke on field who is paid to make the call is generally much closer and much better placed than anyone sat in the stand or touch line.
And no, I dont claim to be able to see every thing far from it. We all have a view on incidents, and yep I see stuff that I think "ouch that could have been a penalty" or "that looked like a knock on" but I am looking from different angle and it's just one view, how it looks to the bloke making the call with the whistle is actually all that matters, and he is the one closest to it generally
But it's where I prefer to watch the game at trailfinders

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com