WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Bit of fun .....

Board index Championship London Broncos Bit of fun .....

Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:13 am  

nkpom wrote:
nkpom Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Southampton

We don't need another sugar daddy - stability and a plan is what's required. we have the resources and commitment available right now in our supporter base; a planned transition and we'll be ready for anything!
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:07 am  

User avatarPC Plum wrote:
PC Plum User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Balamoray
nkpom wrote:
We have the resources and commitment available right now in our supporter base;


Does that translate to enough money to run a full time rugby league club ?
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:26 am  

nkpom wrote:
nkpom Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Southampton

Can do of course. We're seeing successful supporter owned clubs in soccer - Exeter City https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.ukfor example. The level they operate at will be roughly equivalent to Super League financially, and I think less than 15% of their income comes from Trust members themselves. They're also smart enough to know that they don't have all the answers, and so the Exeter City board is not just Trust members. And they had to pick up the Club from CVAs etc. - not the type of transition I was referring to!!
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:36 pm  

User avatarPC Plum wrote:
PC Plum User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:46 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Balamoray
nkpom wrote:
Can do of course. We're seeing successful supporter owned clubs in soccer - Exeter City https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.ukfor example. The level they operate at will be roughly equivalent to Super League financially, and I think less than 15% of their income comes from Trust members themselves. They're also smart enough to know that they don't have all the answers, and so the Exeter City board is not just Trust members. And they had to pick up the Club from CVAs etc. - not the type of transition I was referring to!!


Just keeping this simple for my benefit.

Gueestimate, LB must cost around £2.5m (wages and running costs) / annum to run with limited income from 3rd parties.

If a Trust has say 50 members would they be each stumping up £50k each per annum ?
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:55 pm  

nkpom wrote:
nkpom Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Southampton

Plummy It is not beyond the wit of man with hard work and dedication to break even as a pro Rugby League team. As I said Exeter's Trust members cover less than 15% of the costs; biggest factor is RFL payments dependent on league position and next TV deal. You know my politics; I am heavily involved in the LBSA and club ownership is not among their fundamental objectives https://www.lbsa.org.uk/about-us/. It has always been my personal opinion though, and I'm sure I've bored you with it plenty of times! I'm sure we have the capability and drive to make a long term success of a supporter owned Club; we have plenty of people like you who work tirelessly for the game they love; benefiting the pro club and the wider Rugby League community in London.
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:48 pm  

MonkeyLover wrote:
MonkeyLover Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:37 am
Posts: 324
PC Plum wrote:
Just keeping this simple for my benefit.

Gueestimate, LB must cost around £2.5m (wages and running costs) / annum to run with limited income from 3rd parties.

If a Trust has say 50 members would they be each stumping up £50k each per annum ?


Seems so easy doesn't it. Maybe 50 Exeter City fans will stump up the cash :lol:
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:52 pm  

nkpom wrote:
nkpom Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:22 pm
Posts: 766
Location: Southampton

Mocking your own supporters! Class
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:05 pm  

Honkytonk wrote:
Honkytonk Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:37 pm
Posts: 657
Cmon chaps, we all have the same goal (I think).
Re: Bit of fun ..... Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 pm  

MonkeyLover wrote:
MonkeyLover Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:37 am
Posts: 324
Honkytonk wrote:
Cmon chaps, we all have the same goal (I think).

I must have misread the title of the thread, sorry :D
Re: Bit of fun ..... Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:25 pm  

itsmeagain wrote:
itsmeagain Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:51 pm
Posts: 537
NKpom are you living in a dream world or a fools paradise. It costs approx £2.5 M per annum to run the club. That means £50K per annum from 50 supporters. I should think 90% of the supporters dont make that per person per annum never mind donate to run a RL club with SL desires. You can say well you have television money but then if you want SL standard players you pay a bigger salary and higher other outgoings in training and fitness and facilities so much more than the £2.5M needed to run a championship club. Yes we all want the best for the club and we will all do everything we can to help the club as has been proven during the pandemic but £2.5M get real. LBSA raises around £4000 per annum profit after a lot of work so how are you going to bridge a difference of millions. If it was so easy how come in recent times Bradford have gone into administration,Leigh and Salford owners have walked away because costs became too much, Toronto withdrew this season and covid is not an excuse which can be used as they were not covering their costs before the outbreak. How come there are so many part time clubs with years of history which cannot afford SL.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Victor and 17 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to London Broncos


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,086,7201,13978,2924,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts


Visit the RLFANS.COM SHOP
for more merchandise!



X