Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Williams
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:55 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

MattyB wrote:I still put Sam Tomkins (first spell with us) down as the 2nd most exciting/attacking British born player ever to play for Wigan (1st being Hanley).

That’s a great debate. Who’s the most exciting/attacking player...
Robinson and Offiah always got people off their seats.
In more recent years Barrett was a joy to watch.

But Hanley is the best I’ve ever seen. One of the only players who could have (throughout the course of this career) played any position, and played it well.

If you’re a podcast listener I’d recommend the Matty Johns podcast. Previous week he was discussing how good Hanley was in the NRL and what it was like playing against him, even when Hanley was at the back end of his career.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:57 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Father Ted wrote:I'm sorry to see George go.
He's a real talent and will probably go well at Canberra. He'd have also gone well at Wigan playing alongside Hastings.
Those two playing at 6 & 7 could have been something special. Unfortunately, from my pov, it's not going to happen.

Obviously it’s not going to happen. Lol!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:51 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

hatty wrote:Did you never see Barry Williams or Andre Stoop.... where have you been :wink:

Not British born but David 'The Doc' Murray was the most exciting fullback ive ever seen at Wigan..... for all the wrong reasons.

He had all of Central Parks hearts in their mouths every time the ball went near him.

Still not as bad as Paul Koloi though. They promised us Kevin Iro MKII and we got somebody that was scared of going near the ball and would drop it if he was about to get tackled.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:33 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The_Enforcer wrote:Not British born but David 'The Doc' Murray was the most exciting fullback ive ever seen at Wigan..... for all the wrong reasons.

He had all of Central Parks hearts in their mouths every time the ball went near him.

Still not as bad as Paul Koloi though. They promised us Kevin Iro MKII and we got somebody that was scared of going near the ball and would drop it if he was about to get tackled.

I remember “the doc” very well but as you say, for all the wrong reasons.
Paul Koloi was to Kevin Iro as Gary Henley Smith was to Martin Offiah

1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:10 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The best ever attacking fullback was Luisi Sione who couldn’t play in Sunday’s.

Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

post wrote:The best ever attacking fullback was Luisi Sione who couldn’t play in Sunday’s.

If the poor lad had been round nowadays he’d have been fine as Sky would’ve done him a favour.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:05 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:If the poor lad had been round nowadays he’d have been fine as Sky would’ve done him a favour.

True

Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

post wrote:The best ever attacking fullback was Luisi Sione who couldn’t play in Sunday’s.

Close, couldn't play at night due to being a sun worshipper. Played one trial game for the u21s, was rubbish, never seen again!

Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Not a winger but whatever happened to Shem Tatupu?

1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:34 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

hatty wrote:Not a winger but whatever happened to Shem Tatupu?

he played in the cross code challenge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:36 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com