FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NSW 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3922No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 200618 years86th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 16:103rd Jun 24 06:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are

Nervous for this one, not been particularly impressed with us this year and you sense a loss is coming.

I don’t think there’s much between the 2 teams. If not for the Tomkins magic they could very easily have been in the GFinal which would have been a 50/50 game. Plus their one loss this year was only due to a red card.

Don’t want Saints fans to take this the wrong way but… This game means much more to Saints than it does Wigan. They’ve sat back and had to watch us lift the LLS/GF/WCC, everyone’s been talking Wigan up, now everyone’s getting onto this long win streak.

It’s a big statement game for saints to prove they are the top team.

It was roles reversed last year on GF where Wigan wanted it more.

The combo of home advantage plus perhaps wanting it more means I make saints slight favourites.

I’d love our attack to click though and post some points on them.

Can’t wait either way. Beating Saints at Saints if an achievement Peet doesn’t have.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29387
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 13:403rd Jun 24 13:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I’m confident we’ll see a totally different Wigan team to the one we’ve watched since Penrith and we’ll need to. Saints are defending their socks off but we have that in us as well and our attack is definitely better than Saints, so it’ll be a case of making sure we’re up for the game, match them physically and defend properly.

It should be a cracker.
Zig 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1805
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 04 20222 years107th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 18:324th Jun 24 14:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The sport needs it to be a first class contest. Any neutral watching SL this year will be very disappointed with many of the games. One sided matches a plenty are not good for our game.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9333
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 15:023rd Jun 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Saints start decent favourites for me - we've not yet recovered from the traditional post WCC drop off and have probably been a little fortunate with the fixtures. In this competition atm a top 2 side can play well within themselves and win against some of the lesser sides and that's what we've done in recent weeks. The only game we were tested was against Salford and a stroke of luck at a key moment got us the win.

Not an expert on sports science but you'd like to think a plan's been put in place to take the foot off the gas a little over the last few weeks with a view of cranking up the intensity over Easter. Having another forward available that's capable of winning a collision or two would be helpful but looks like it's too early for Havard, Cooper or Walters. Not the end of the world if we lose but definitely hoping for a close and intense game.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1282
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years130th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th May 24 18:3126th May 24 07:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

As pointed out we havn't hit our straps yet,but,still managed to beat the team that beat Saints.

I am very confident that we will win.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11376
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 200222 years173rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th May 24 10:203rd Apr 24 18:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

NSW wrote:
Don’t want Saints fans to take this the wrong way but… This game means much more to Saints than it does Wigan. They’ve sat back and had to watch us lift the LLS/GF/WCC, everyone’s been talking Wigan up, now everyone’s getting onto this long win streak.

It’s a big statement game for saints to prove they are the top team

Nothing to take the wrong way in there - I think that is spot on.

Can't wait for the game.

Civility paused for the time being - I hate you all and wish you nothing but misery.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1282
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years130th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th May 24 18:3126th May 24 07:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FearTheVee wrote:

Can't wait for the game.

Civility paused for the time being - I hate you all and wish you nothing but misery.

And I hope the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits :D
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29387
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 13:403rd Jun 24 13:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FearTheVee wrote:

Can't wait for the game.

I think we'll see Saints start at a frantic pace, motivated by not only Wigan taking their trophies but by all the talk of Wigan being a side on the cusp of a period of dominance. I'm comfortable that we have more depth, a better attack and that we probably have less holes in our side to fill over the next few years than Saints do (although French and Field both deciding to leave would change that) but as things stand right now, I don't think there is anything between the two starting sides, when both are at their best. It just feels like Saints might have a bit more motivation than Wigan on Friday but I'm not ruling us out. We lifted around this time last year and put together 3 top performances, that were not to be seen again until the business end of the season.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3889
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 201212 years114th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 16:124th Jun 24 12:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
23 LEAGUE TITLES
20 CHALLENGE CUPS
5 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

NickyKiss wrote:
I think we'll see Saints start at a frantic pace, motivated by not only Wigan taking their trophies but by all the talk of Wigan being a side on the cusp of a period of dominance. I'm comfortable that we have more depth, a better attack and that we probably have less holes in our side to fill over the next few years than Saints do (although French and Field both deciding to leave would change that) but as things stand right now, I don't think there is anything between the two starting sides, when both are at their best. It just feels like Saints might have a bit more motivation than Wigan on Friday but I'm not ruling us out. We lifted around this time last year and put together 3 top performances, that were not to be seen again until the business end of the season.

OT, but with Field being tied down, I'm really interested to see what we will do should French leave. It will be Danson's first real roll of the dice with a potential marquee spot. There isn't a lot of talent off contract tho.
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5276
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200618 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 17:064th Jun 24 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

NickyKiss wrote:

Our attack is ok considering the general downturn in overall performance since Penrith. We're still scoring plenty points although I don't expect that against Saints. However we should be able to score enough to win provided our defense is on point and that's where the concern lies. We haven't been playing to the intensity required in defense and I'm not sure it's as easy as "flicking a switch" so to speak.
PreviousNext