FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Super League form rewarded as Wane names squad to travel to Toulouse
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20237No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:2526th Jun 24 09:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Few references to Robinson because of Marshall’s stature.

I think that’s unfair on Marshall as JR was a once in a generation player.

What was interesting though is how JR was targeted under the high ball particularly in Union.

May have been the World Cup Final where they used Tequiri to great affect against him targeting him on the cross field kicks. He conceded the first try to that I think where it was a no contest.

I genuinely hope he gets a crack at Samoa in the Autumn. We all know he would go well against France and Samoa will be a step up, however I don’t expect them to be anywhere near full strength it will be a better test than France.

With maybe a few withdrawals our side he gets a chance to have a dig and force his way into World Cup contention. If he doesn’t play in the Autumn though I’d say unfortunately he will be out of the reckoning potentially for good.

The difference though JR had that electric pace over 30/40 years and illusive style which Marshy doesn’t have.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29436
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:3425th Jun 24 14:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

BoredWiganer wrote:
I love the talk around Sneyd that you see online as if Wane is picking an old plodder in Harry Smith instead of him and that it is a complete disgrace.

It's almost like Harry Smith hasn't guided teams to a
LLS
Grand Final Win
Series sweep vs. Tonga
WCC Win
Challenge Cup win

all in the last 12 months, i never realised the lad was in such poor form!!

But Sneyd is scoring 3 MOS points regularly as a big fish in a mid table team so i suppose he must have him beat, silly me.

Aye, it's just crazy how one eyed people can be. I like Sneyd, I have no issue with him getting Man Of Steel (as looks likely) and he's a good player but Smith out performed him over the course of last season, got his England chance and absolutely killed it. His form for Wigan was iffy at the start of the season (Outside of Penrith) but he's been absolutely outstanding in recent months and whenever big games come round the lad is just outstanding. He's also 10 years younger than Sneyd and will be around for multiples series/tournaments to come.

There wasn't even a decision to be made.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20237No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 13:2526th Jun 24 09:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

NickyKiss wrote:
Aye, it's just crazy how one eyed people can be. I like Sneyd, I have no issue with him getting Man Of Steel (as looks likely) and he's a good player but Smith out performed him over the course of last season, got his England chance and absolutely killed it. His form for Wigan was iffy at the start of the season (Outside of Penrith) but he's been absolutely outstanding in recent months and whenever big games come round the lad is just outstanding. He's also 10 years younger than Sneyd and will be around for multiples series/tournaments to come.

There wasn't even a decision to be made.

Smith is a very old head on young shoulders and I think Sneyd is on a similar level in certain elements of his game but in defence in particular he’s way off Smith.

I’d go so far as to say Smith is the most important player at Wigan at the moment such is his influence over the way we play and the freedom he allows other players to do their thing.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1304
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years130th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:2628th Jun 24 15:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Harry I agree is prob the most important player what with his game management skills and his kicking out of hand being of a level being superior to any other SL player inc Sneyd (who I think is a great player,just not as good a Smith)
Phuzzy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5356
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 19 200618 years121st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 00:1025th Jun 24 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

jonh wrote:
I’m not sure why you’re replying to someone else but referencing me as though I’ve said it……

Burrow wasn’t a great international player, Robinson was but he had the athleticism to back it up. Langer was a half playing in a different era.

It’s down to style not form his style is deemed by Wane it seems not to see him selected, same for Bennett.

Someone mentioned Jerry and Hall who were incumbent wingers. I actually think they were/are very similar to Miski and Marshall in style however they had more impact in their prime at the line mainly due to body weight. I just think Marshall lacks that extra power in contact that those too had and the natural athleticism of the others selected over him which is why he is missing out.

I'm not. I said that's my point with Jon, as in the point I was making during our conversation...
Stu M 
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1064
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20222 years145th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 12:5028th Jun 24 12:50LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

In the same week that SOO was played at the iconic MCG in front of 90,000 fans we have England v France that is not televised on free to air TV or Sky. It is also a curtain raiser before the Toulouse game.

Wane may not even be able to make it and Andy Last was late back into the UK meaning that the senior players had to lead the first training session themselves.

Moreover they are flying Ryanair today and there has been a 4 hr delay. They are also only receiving £250 each.

If you don't laugh you'll cry
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1304
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years130th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 15:2628th Jun 24 15:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Stu M wrote:
In the same week that SOO was played at the iconic MCG in front of 90,000 fans we have England v France that is not televised on free to air TV or Sky. It is also a curtain raiser before the Toulouse game.

Wane may not even be able to make it and Andy Last was late back into the UK meaning that the senior players had to lead the first training session themselves.

Moreover they are flying Ryanair today and there has been a 4 hr delay. They are also only receiving £250 each.

If you don't laugh you'll cry

All of that is bad really bad
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15751
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200519 years95th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 20:2028th Jun 24 16:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature