Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 1573  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:47 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1353
Location: In the sky with diamonds
If Greenwood leaves then it's a definite opportunity to add some size and experience to the pack.

What are people's thoughts on Chris Lawrence?






20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6405
Greenwood won't be replaced, no point speculating about it :(

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:16 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 1059
dh13 wrote:Going off our recruitment in recent years I’d be shocked if we replaced greenwood should he leave.

No issue with Davies going at all for me, got plenty of outside backs...but if we lose another forward in Greenwood we have to replace him with a good signing.

We seriously need a right sided forward to balance out our side. Not being able to play Greenwood and Faz at the same time in their favoured positions meant that we were always light weight. Do we have an option to move any of the young lads further out where they might do more damage than down the middle?

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:25 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 839
Levrier wrote:We seriously need a right sided forward to balance out our side. Not being able to play Greenwood and Faz at the same time in their favoured positions meant that we were always light weight. Do we have an option to move any of the young lads further out where they might do more damage than down the middle?


Give Jack Wells a go.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:26 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 839
sergeant pepper wrote:If Greenwood leaves then it's a definite opportunity to add some size and experience to the pack.

What are people's thoughts on Chris Lawrence?


Good player but now picking injuries up.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:27 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23326
Location: WIGAN
Levrier wrote:We seriously need a right sided forward to balance out our side. Not being able to play Greenwood and Faz at the same time in their favoured positions meant that we were always light weight. Do we have an option to move any of the young lads further out where they might do more damage than down the middle?


I’d be interested to see what Smithies could do in the second row and Partington at loose forward. It’s an easier grounding for a youngster to play a little wider and I’d hate to think we’d burn Smithies out early doors. When it comes to Partington he’s a little older and his strong suits are his defence and his hands close to the line. He could certainly play with a little more freedom at loose rather then being expected to be an out and out metre maker at prop.

One left field suggestion for right second row that I saw mentioned on the other site and I’ve mentioned on here before is Dom Manfredi to be tried at right second row ala Aaron Murphy. Some people are dead set against players moving positions but I can’t help but look at some of the best players I’ve seen and they moved through positions over time due to varying factors. Dom Manfredi is unbelievably strong, brave, puts his head in where it hurts and he causes so many problems. I do wonder if a move in to the pack would help his knees, not having to jump for high balls, not having to keep twisting and turning as much and so on. Maybe bulking up would do his knees no favours but I’m no physio and it could be the complete opposite.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:38 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:34 am
Posts: 977
Location: Wigan
NickyKiss wrote:I’d be interested to see what Smithies could do in the second row and Partington at loose forward. It’s an easier grounding for a youngster to play a little wider and I’d hate to think we’d burn Smithies out early doors. When it comes to Partington he’s a little older and his strong suits are his defence and his hands close to the line. He could certainly play with a little more freedom at loose rather then being expected to be an out and out metre maker at prop.

One left field suggestion for right second row that I saw mentioned on the other site and I’ve mentioned on here before is Dom Manfredi to be tried at right second row ala Aaron Murphy. Some people are dead set against players moving positions but I can’t help but look at some of the best players I’ve seen and they moved through positions over time due to varying factors. Dom Manfredi is unbelievably strong, brave, puts his head in where it hurts and he causes so many problems. I do wonder if a move in to the pack would help his knees, not having to jump for high balls, not having to keep twisting and turning as much and so on. Maybe bulking up would do his knees no favours but I’m no physio and it could be the complete opposite.


i agree with you about Partington he seems to have the best passing game of the young forwards , i wouldn't move Manfredi to the pack if his knees are not up to playing then he should call it a day , with less interchanges backrowers need to be 80 min men if possible






Wigan home of league

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:27 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:23 pm
Posts: 6054
Location: Wigan
Jake bibby can also play right side second row so adds options.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:46 pm 
Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:22 am
Posts: 62
Levrier wrote:We seriously need a right sided forward to balance out our side. Not being able to play Greenwood and Faz at the same time in their favoured positions meant that we were always light weight. Do we have an option to move any of the young lads further out where they might do more damage than down the middle?


Completely agree we could really do with a genuine right sided second rower. As much as I love Isa’s effort he shouldn’t be anywhere near a starting spot. Think it’s too early for smithies to be starting week in week out as fantastic of a season he’s had. Would be great to bring in a good right sided second rower and that gives smithies chance to be spelled properly across the loose forward/back row area rather than expecting him to do big mins at such a young age.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Rumours and signings v9
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:17 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 23326
Location: WIGAN
Maybe the old Hardaker for McMeekan swap rumours will crop up again. He’s a right sided version of Greenwood but with a bit more natural aggression.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549, 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 1573  Next





It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hatty, jaws1, Last Son of Wigan and 120 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,979,4401,46177,8944,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 7th Feb 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Thu 13th Feb 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
TORONTO
Sun 23rd Feb 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 1st Mar 15:00
SL
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 8th Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Fri 13th Mar 19:45
SL
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 22nd Mar 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 27th Mar 19:45
SL
WAKEFIELD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 10th Apr 14:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Fri 17th Apr 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 25th Apr 18:30
SL
TORONTO
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sun 3rd May 15:00
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Fri 15th May 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL KR
Sun 24th May 14:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 29th May 19:45
SL
CASTLEFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





28

.