RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:25 pm  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1536
Pemps wrote:
Possibly, possibly not. He may have a contact but you must admit that a lot of the stuff he posts is based on rumours already out there. Or as Nicky alluded to, he mentions stuff after the event.

I enjoy reading them anyway so I hope he carries on.

Sussed him out ages ago, when confronted he post's everything he claims to have posted in the past, most of which was already known, He actually pm'd me on Mikes site after I made a comment about the two props he said we where signing along with Georgy who was going to sign on the last 2 Fridays, Only guy I believe on there is the fish far bloke
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:41 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25695
Location: WIGAN
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Sussed him out ages ago, when confronted he post's everything he claims to have posted in the past, most of which was already known, He actually pm'd me on Mikes site after I made a comment about the two props he said we where signing along with Georgy who was going to sign on the last 2 Fridays, Only guy I believe on there is the fish far bloke


He wouldn’t name the two props and waited for two signings to be confirmed elsewhere and the first prop signed anywhere after his rumour was Mulhern. , so he was one. Nobody has signed another prop since to my knowledge, so George Lawler was the next one, even though he’s a loose forward and isn’t moving until next season.

I’m keeping my eye on the championship second rower we’re after. He’s not named him but my guess is once a second rower from the championship does move to superleague (and one probably will), it will be him and we missed out on him.

It’s something we could all do. I’m saying we’re looking at a championship prop, an NRL prop and a halfback from the NRL. I can’t name them though and I’ll come back to you all with who they are after they sign here or elsewhere. Don’t push me on names as I cannot give them. We’re after Wane coming back as well and he may or may not do and if he doesn’t we’ll look elsewhere. We considered Sinfield and had informal talks but he’s going to Union.

All tripe but you get the picture.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:40 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14688
NickyKiss wrote:
He wouldn’t name the two props and waited for two signings to be confirmed elsewhere and the first prop signed anywhere after his rumour was Mulhern. , so he was one. Nobody has signed another prop since to my knowledge, so George Lawler was the next one, even though he’s a loose forward and isn’t moving until next season.

I’m keeping my eye on the championship second rower we’re after. He’s not named him but my guess is once a second rower from the championship does move to superleague (and one probably will), it will be him and we missed out on him.

It’s something we could all do. I’m saying we’re looking at a championship prop, an NRL prop and a halfback from the NRL. I can’t name them though and I’ll come back to you all with who they are after they sign here or elsewhere. Don’t push me on names as I cannot give them. We’re after Wane coming back as well and he may or may not do and if he doesn’t we’ll look elsewhere. We considered Sinfield and had informal talks but he’s going to Union.

All tripe but you get the picture.


That's the the story of that other site, in my view. One reason I don't go there anymore.

I't's not just that there are a couple of people who seem to think it gives them life-affirming kudos if they know stuff (even when it's patently made up, as you indicate) but also that so many are ready to believe anything they say, even though so much of it is guff.

In addition, the willingness to dump on IL is frightening given that the guy has brought great pride back to Wigan after the years of mismanagement by Mo and Whelan. My only explanation is again that a lot them on there are sheep, and they will follow wherever one or two others are prepared to lead them.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:13 am  

nathan_rugby wrote:
nathan_rugby Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 174
Apparently Miski (Winger from London) has now been signed.

That's in addition to Thornley and Nathan Mason.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:21 am  

JIMMY MAGNETS User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:13 pm
Posts: 2757
Location: SAT IN A PILE OF MAGNETS
Watched miski highlights on YouTube :wink: looks a good un!
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:51 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2890
Location: Watching Rugby League
The Whiffy Kipper wrote:
Sussed him out ages ago, when confronted he post's everything he claims to have posted in the past, most of which was already known, He actually pm'd me on Mikes site after I made a comment about the two props he said we where signing along with Georgy who was going to sign on the last 2 Fridays, Only guy I believe on there is the fish far bloke


So far we haven't signed or been linked with any of the names you mentioned earlier in the thread when you claimed Faf De Klerk was coming.

Pot. Kettle.
Last edited by Egg Chasing on Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:34 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25695
Location: WIGAN
Egg Chasing wrote:
So far we haven't signed or been linked with any of the names you mentioned earlier in the thread when you claimed Faf Du Plessis was coming.

Pot. Kettle.


A fine batsman at his best but he wouldn’t get in our top order :D
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:42 am  

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 2890
Location: Watching Rugby League
NickyKiss wrote:
A fine batsman at his best but he wouldn’t get in our top order :D


Cricket on the brain today :lol:
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:33 am  
The Whiffy Kipper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:40 am
Posts: 1536
Egg Chasing wrote:
So far we haven't signed or been linked with any of the names you mentioned earlier in the thread when you claimed Faf De Klerk was coming.

Pot. Kettle.

Difference being, I was taking the Michael

Matey boy believes he is the unofficial voice of the club

Come on Eggy lad, keep up, It's not rocket science :lol:
All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.
Re: Rumours and signings v9 Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:48 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3925
I just think, when the rumours start to be about other posters, rather than players, we've gone a bit off-track! :roll:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brick with eyes, Budgiezilla, Cruncher, FIOS, Grimmy, Itchy Arsenal, jonh, MattyB, MR FRISK, NickyKiss, Paul Youane, Rogues Gallery, Salty, Wandering Wiganer, Wigan#Townsville13 and 215 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,4541,48178,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL RND: 20 Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL RND: 20 Cronulla22-40Manly
SL RND: 17 Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL RND: 17 Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL RND: 17 Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X