RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:30 am  
Don't tell him about RL

"In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season? There is no meaning to it, in reality."
Don't tell him about RL

"In what league do you win a division and then end up playing the same teams again the following season? There is no meaning to it, in reality."
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:52 pm  
I noticed the other day that Britain's oldest man Reg Dean has died aged 110, that now means that Brian (Rogues Gallery) moves up a place to number 3 in the table (Brian is 107), congratulations !!!! :wink:
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:16 pm  
twosevenzero wrote:
I noticed the other day that Britain's oldest man Reg Dean has died aged 110, that now means that Brian (Rogues Gallery) moves up a place to number 3 in the table (Brian is 107), congratulations !!!! :wink:

Rumour has it that owd Rogues played in the same team as Webb Ellis. When the greedy ba$tard picked up the ball and ran with it Owd Rogues immediately nicknamed him "One trick Bill" and put him in touch with a team called St Helens.
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:17 pm  
MattyB wrote:
Rumour has it that owd Rogues played in the same team as Webb Ellis. When the greedy ba$tard picked up the ball and ran with it Owd Rogues immediately nicknamed him "One trick Bill" and put him in touch with a team called St Helens.

:lol:
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 am  
Re: Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2 : Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:58 pm  
Conroy wrote:
You may have seen this advertised in the WEP or on advertising boards around town, but if not then cancer research are trying to raise funds by asking people to give up alcohol in January. As cancer is an issue quite close to my heart I've opted to take part and am asking if the kind people of RLFANS would donate the price of a pint to the cause (DW prices of course )

You can donate to my Just Giving page here donate by text by texting CONN90 £1 to 70070 or register to take part yourself here

EDIT - If you donate by text then the amount is debited from your next phone bill.

The end is in sight. Donate to cancer research and hopefully the end will be in sight for cancer as well

You can donate to my Just Giving page here or donate by text by texting CONN90 £1 to 70070 - the amount you donate will come off your next phone bill.
Conroy wrote:
You may have seen this advertised in the WEP or on advertising boards around town, but if not then cancer research are trying to raise funds by asking people to give up alcohol in January. As cancer is an issue quite close to my heart I've opted to take part and am asking if the kind people of RLFANS would donate the price of a pint to the cause (DW prices of course )

You can donate to my Just Giving page here donate by text by texting CONN90 £1 to 70070 or register to take part yourself here

EDIT - If you donate by text then the amount is debited from your next phone bill.

The end is in sight. Donate to cancer research and hopefully the end will be in sight for cancer as well

You can donate to my Just Giving page here or donate by text by texting CONN90 £1 to 70070 - the amount you donate will come off your next phone bill.
OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:19 pm  
My bin collection day was yesterday morning (black bin) and it was not brought back in from the alleyway until today at lunch.

Anyway the wife was visited today by some council worker informing her that we would be fined £80??? as we had left the bin out longer than 24 hours.

Anyone else had this happen?

I am pretty livid to be honest. Normally the bin gets collected by us as soon as possible, but it slipped our minds yesterday.

Seems a massive overreaction from WMBC to me and serves only to get some coffers through the door.
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:23 pm  
tugglesf78 wrote:
My bin collection day was yesterday morning (black bin) and it was not brought back in from the alleyway until today at lunch.

Anyway the wife was visited today by some council worker informing her that we would be fined £80??? as we had left the bin out longer than 24 hours.

I am pretty livid to be honest. Normally the bin gets collected by us as soon as possible, but it slipped our minds yesterday.

Seems a massive overreaction from WMBC to me and serves only to get some coffers through the door.

Did the Council notify you in advance?

Im pretty sure we received a letter about this a few weeks back.
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:15 pm  
tugglesf78 wrote:

A fine is not good enough for this heinous crime, bring back hanging I say !!!
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 pm  
I'm not in Wigan, but i hope its not some opportunist working a scam...

The letter may have been genuine, were the "workers"?
PreviousNext