FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
24 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Piespace (OT Chat etc) v2
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm  
Well you voted for the Labour numpties. :)

* First word was a little too harsh, even for the Metro ;)
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm  
Sounds like a scam, my mate was fined £60 on Monday! Same thing!
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:36 pm  
Its not a scam but as far as we are aware there has been no general advertisement on the Council website to make people aware of this and the letter that we received does not mention about fines for non collection.

We received a visit from a council employee some weeks ago informing us about the fine if not collected within 24hrs. We were also informed that the bins had to be kept within the boundary of the property which when you live in a terraced house with little space in the back yard and 4 bins is not particularly conveniant.

I can see a lot of complaints being made about this.
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:05 pm  
Sometimes my bin is not emptied on bin day (Thursday). Guess what the council person says if I phone them up to tell them? "Leave the bin/s out they may empty them tomorrow"! If someone comes round asking for 80 quid I'll knock him out!!
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 pm  
On the subject of bins, my blue bin (cards, paper, packaging) was last collected on Monday 22nd December. As you can imagine im getting rid of all the Christmas cards and packaging and was full to the brim. It was due to be collected on Monday this week but due to the dusting of snow we had that day it wasn't collected.

The council website states that there will be no collection of this already overflowing blue bin until 20th February and our options is to wait it out or take it in bags to the tip ( in other words do their job for them, don't we pay our council tax for them to take it)??

My question is....what happens if it snows on 20th Feb? Will they then only collect on 20th March.

I'm fuming. Now they are going round fining people just takes the mick!!!
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:48 pm  
Put your bin away you scrubber.
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 pm  
What's a terraced house?
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:57 pm  
Pemps wrote:
Put your bin away you scrubber.

I cant fit in in my back garden due to the 46 year old sofa i left by my back gate 18 months ago.
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:59 pm  
tigertot wrote:
What's a terraced house?

One of these

This post contains an image, if you are the copyright owner and would like this image removed then please contact support@rlfans.com
Re: OT - Wheelie bin fines : Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:00 pm  
tugglesf78 wrote:
I cant fit in in my back garden due to the 46 year old sofa i left by my back gate 18 months ago.

What about the old fridge in your front garden?
PreviousNext