Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Team for Leeds
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

CobraCraig wrote:Some pretty big over reactions on here regarding Sarg,Powell and Isa, probably similar to the ones when we lose and they get flogged by fans.
All 3 give their all on the pitch but lack quality, they are great squad players who ideally if we where in a good place would be back ups at full strength. Sarg and Isa have good utility value and Powell is great in defence and in a salary capped sport not everyone in your squad can be stars but let’s not get carried away with last night.

No over reaction
Just an honest assessment of 3 players who when things aren't going well are the ones who bear 90% of the brunt from "some" fans yet are the ones usually playing 80mins virtually every week with outstanding effort.
I have no arguments that all 3 players have certain limitations about their game, but there are 5/6 other players (see prop stats below) who need to seriously up their game and I find it astonishing that they seem overlooked when it comes to criticism.

As an aside, interesting watching game back this morning yet again opposition players and coaches talking so highly about George William's.
Yet we have people saying he produces nothing out of nothing.

Unfortunately some people only realise what they have when it's gone, and no amount of supposed improvement in his game when hes elsewhere down to supposed coaching, fitness etc will.convince me that George hasn't been a real good player for us and is a player I'm going to be VERY sad to see go.

PPS
How much do we miss Farrell?
Hes like a well oiled machine.

Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:20 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Farrell is so under rated. We must keep him on the left as his skills are finely tuned over years to that side and he is like the final jigsaw piece to the puzzle. We need more punch down the right so Greenwood must play on the right to give us a running threat.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.
Only 2 teams being useless at it.

once a wire always a wire

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

The_Enforcer wrote:Farrell is so under rated. We must keep him on the left as his skills are finely tuned over years to that side and he is like the final jigsaw piece to the puzzle. We need more punch down the right so Greenwood must play on the right to give us a running threat.

I’m not sure I’ve seen a player as underrated in my time watching the game. I’d probably have him down as our best player now that Bateman and Tomkins have gone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Jukesays wrote:No over reaction
Just an honest assessment of 3 players who when things aren't going well are the ones who bear 90% of the brunt from "some" fans yet are the ones usually playing 80mins virtually every week with outstanding effort.
I have no arguments that all 3 players have certain limitations about their game, but there are 5/6 other players (see prop stats below) who need to seriously up their game and I find it astonishing that they seem overlooked when it comes to criticism.

As an aside, interesting watching game back this morning yet again opposition players and coaches talking so highly about George William's.
Yet we have people saying he produces nothing out of nothing.

Unfortunately some people only realise what they have when it's gone, and no amount of supposed improvement in his game when hes elsewhere down to supposed coaching, fitness etc will.convince me that George hasn't been a real good player for us and is a player I'm going to be VERY sad to see go.

PPS
How much do we miss Farrell?
Hes like a well oiled machine.

Williams can be frustrating at times but I think we will realise how good he is when he’s gone, it’s also not helped that he hasn’t had a half to compliment him since Smith left.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:39 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:I’m not sure I’ve seen a player as underrated in my time watching the game. I’d probably have him down as our best player now that Bateman and Tomkins have gone.

He’s certainly been our most consistent performers over the last 10 years. Amazes me that he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rubber duckie wrote:Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.

Maybe the alien now thinks it down to one team, to the alien it would appear that wire are now improving :thumb:

1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:20 pm 
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Hull K R 16 - Warrington 14 That should keep Rubber Duckie in his bath and off this site for a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Mate you’ve spoke down to us on here a few times this year like Wire are some sort of team we should be aiming to emulate in the quality stakes. You’re slightly better then us but in terms of trophy chances, you’re as far away from Saints as the rest of us.

We’ll end up with the same come mid October.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Plus that's an oxymoron (and yes the pun is intended).

If they were both aiming to finish down the league then we'd be making a good job of it.
If we were making a terrible job of it we'd be up near the top.

Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:28 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com