RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team for Leeds
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 am  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6852
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
CobraCraig wrote:
Some pretty big over reactions on here regarding Sarg,Powell and Isa, probably similar to the ones when we lose and they get flogged by fans.
All 3 give their all on the pitch but lack quality, they are great squad players who ideally if we where in a good place would be back ups at full strength. Sarg and Isa have good utility value and Powell is great in defence and in a salary capped sport not everyone in your squad can be stars but let’s not get carried away with last night.


No over reaction
Just an honest assessment of 3 players who when things aren't going well are the ones who bear 90% of the brunt from "some" fans yet are the ones usually playing 80mins virtually every week with outstanding effort.
I have no arguments that all 3 players have certain limitations about their game, but there are 5/6 other players (see prop stats below) who need to seriously up their game and I find it astonishing that they seem overlooked when it comes to criticism.

As an aside, interesting watching game back this morning yet again opposition players and coaches talking so highly about George William's.
Yet we have people saying he produces nothing out of nothing.

Unfortunately some people only realise what they have when it's gone, and no amount of supposed improvement in his game when hes elsewhere down to supposed coaching, fitness etc will.convince me that George hasn't been a real good player for us and is a player I'm going to be VERY sad to see go.

PPS
How much do we miss Farrell?
Hes like a well oiled machine.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:20 pm  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:02 pm
Posts: 1081
Farrell is so under rated. We must keep him on the left as his skills are finely tuned over years to that side and he is like the final jigsaw piece to the puzzle. We need more punch down the right so Greenwood must play on the right to give us a running threat.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 pm  

rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 15234
Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.
Only 2 teams being useless at it.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25398
Location: WIGAN
The_Enforcer wrote:
Farrell is so under rated. We must keep him on the left as his skills are finely tuned over years to that side and he is like the final jigsaw piece to the puzzle. We need more punch down the right so Greenwood must play on the right to give us a running threat.


I’m not sure I’ve seen a player as underrated in my time watching the game. I’d probably have him down as our best player now that Bateman and Tomkins have gone.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 pm  

CobraCraig wrote:
CobraCraig Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:11 pm
Posts: 1270
Jukesays wrote:
No over reaction
Just an honest assessment of 3 players who when things aren't going well are the ones who bear 90% of the brunt from "some" fans yet are the ones usually playing 80mins virtually every week with outstanding effort.
I have no arguments that all 3 players have certain limitations about their game, but there are 5/6 other players (see prop stats below) who need to seriously up their game and I find it astonishing that they seem overlooked when it comes to criticism.

As an aside, interesting watching game back this morning yet again opposition players and coaches talking so highly about George William's.
Yet we have people saying he produces nothing out of nothing.

Unfortunately some people only realise what they have when it's gone, and no amount of supposed improvement in his game when hes elsewhere down to supposed coaching, fitness etc will.convince me that George hasn't been a real good player for us and is a player I'm going to be VERY sad to see go.

PPS
How much do we miss Farrell?
Hes like a well oiled machine.


Williams can be frustrating at times but I think we will realise how good he is when he’s gone, it’s also not helped that he hasn’t had a half to compliment him since Smith left.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:39 pm  

Bigredwarrior Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 2700
NickyKiss wrote:
I’m not sure I’ve seen a player as underrated in my time watching the game. I’d probably have him down as our best player now that Bateman and Tomkins have gone.


He’s certainly been our most consistent performers over the last 10 years. Amazes me that he doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:00 pm
Posts: 3652
Location: wigan...where else!!
rubber duckie wrote:
Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.
Only 2 teams being useless at it.

Maybe the alien now thinks it down to one team, to the alien it would appear that wire are now improving :thumb:
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:20 pm  
Singing Warrior User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:28 pm
Posts: 324
Location: Under the thumb
Hull K R 16 - Warrington 14 That should keep Rubber Duckie in his bath and off this site for a bit.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:22 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25398
Location: WIGAN
rubber duckie wrote:
Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.
Only 2 teams being useless at it.


Mate you’ve spoke down to us on here a few times this year like Wire are some sort of team we should be aiming to emulate in the quality stakes. You’re slightly better then us but in terms of trophy chances, you’re as far away from Saints as the rest of us.

We’ll end up with the same come mid October.
Re: Team for Leeds Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:55 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6852
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
rubber duckie wrote:
Hankinson was a stand out. He shone through a dim tunnel.

An alien watching SL for the 1st time would be forgiven for thinking the aim of the league is to finish as further down it as possible.
Only 2 teams being useless at it.

Plus that's an oxymoron (and yes the pun is intended).

If they were both aiming to finish down the league then we'd be making a good job of it.
If we were making a terrible job of it we'd be up near the top.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cbr1000rr, Google Feedfetcher, grifter, hatty, JIMMY MAGNETS, Pieman, S_Riley and 149 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,169,0631,22878,6306,308LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Thu 17th Jun
NRL RND: 15 Brisbane0-46Souths
SL RND: 10 St.Helens2-6Warrington
Wed 16th Jun
SLRND: 10 Wakefield12-18Castleford
Mon 14th Jun
NRL RND: 14 Canterbury28-6St.George
Sun 13th Jun
WSL RND: 5 Hudds W8-44Wire W
NRL RND: 14 NZ Warriors16-42Melbourne
NRL RND: 14 Parramatta40-12Wests
CH RND: 9 Dewsbury12-56Toulouse
CH RND: 9 Featherstone44-0Bradford
CH RND: 9 Halifax30-6York
CH RND: 9 Swinton30-36Newcastle
CH RND: 9 Whitehaven20-24Batley
CH RND: 9 Widnes22-24LondonB
L1 RND: 6 Coventry12-30Workington
L1 RND: 6 Keighley70-12West Wales
L1 RND: 6 Crusaders0-68Doncaster
Sat 12th Jun
SL RND: 9 Leigh30-36Catalans
NRL RND: 14 Gold Coast34-35Sydney
NRL RND: 14 Souths24-10Newcastle
NRL RND: 14 Canberra38-16Brisbane
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 14 472 178 294 24
Penrith 14 418 133 285 24
Parramatta 14 400 224 176 22
Souths 13 341 282 59 20
Sydney 13 379 223 156 18
Manly 13 315 282 33 14
 
St.George 14 299 312 -13 12
NQL Cowboys 13 264 383 -119 12
Cronulla 13 244 298 -54 10
Gold Coast 14 318 380 -62 10
Canberra 13 257 321 -64 10
NZ Warriors 13 281 347 -66 10
Wests 14 292 374 -82 10
Newcastle 14 231 366 -135 10
Brisbane 14 232 436 -204 6
Canterbury 13 162 366 -204 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 9 268 142 126 16 188.73 88.89
St.Helens 8 206 70 136 14 294.29 87.50
Wigan 8 158 136 22 14 116.18 87.50
Warrington 9 302 157 145 13 192.36 72.22
Hull FC 9 179 143 36 11 125.17 61.11
Hull KR 9 223 204 19 10 109.31 55.56
 
Castleford 9 185 232 -47 8 79.74 44.44
Leeds 8 150 136 14 6 110.29 37.50
Huddersfield 8 150 162 -12 6 92.59 37.50
Wakefield 9 163 231 -68 4 70.56 22.22
Salford 9 106 289 -183 2 36.68 11.11
Leigh 9 134 322 -188 0 41.61 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 7 347 70 277 14 495.71 100
Featherstone 8 306 76 230 16 402.63 100
Bradford 9 228 216 12 14 105.56 77.78
Batley 8 228 160 68 12 142.50 75
LondonB 9 226 216 10 11 104.63 61.11
Halifax 9 271 135 136 10 200.74 55.56
 
York 9 219 180 39 8 121.67 44.44
Sheffield 9 211 249 -38 8 84.74 44.44
Widnes 9 226 263 -37 7 85.93 38.89
Dewsbury 8 115 227 -112 6 50.66 37.50
Newcastle 8 168 246 -78 5 68.29 31.25
Whitehaven 9 160 278 -118 5 57.55 27.78
Oldham 9 134 330 -196 4 40.61 22.22
Swinton 9 152 345 -193 0 44.06 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 5 211 62 149 10 340.32 100
Workington 5 180 94 86 8 191.49 80
Doncaster 5 182 126 56 8 144.44 80
Coventry 4 106 114 -8 4 92.98 50
Keighley 5 158 135 23 4 117.04 40
Rochdale 5 157 156 1 4 100.64 40
 
Crusaders 5 122 150 -28 4 81.33 40
Hunslet 5 84 137 -53 4 61.31 40
LondonS 4 104 150 -46 2 69.33 25
West Wales 5 70 250 -180 0 28 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 5
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
St.HelensW 3 230 6 224 6 3,833.33 100
LeedsW 3 214 22 192 6 972.73 100
WiganW 3 158 18 140 6 877.78 100
CastlefordW 3 104 24 80 6 433.33 100
YorkW 3 76 102 -26 2 74.51 33.33
Wire W 4 86 154 -68 2 55.84 25
 
FeatherstoneW 4 74 164 -90 2 45.12 25
BradfordW 4 60 180 -120 2 33.33 25
Hudds W 4 46 222 -176 2 20.72 25
WakefieldW 3 16 172 -156 0 9.30 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X