Post subject: Injury news
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 pm 
Strong-running second rower

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/up-to-four-wigan-warriors-players-added-to-the-injury-list-1-9781616

Marshall may be out for a month with a shoulder injury, Leuluai also has a knock and is 50/50 and Powell still needs to pass a head-test. They're doing a fitness test on Greenwood on Friday.

Let's hope it's mind-games. If not, might be yet another long 80 minutes this weekend.

Post subject: Re: Injury news
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:36 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Fair play to Marshall playing on with that on Saturday then.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

That's near enough decided me about whether to take Saturday night off work and watch it all as it happens.

I'm just weary of going to or tuning in to these big games when hopes are so high, only to watch Wigan be systematically destroyed.

I may sound disloyal, but this season reminds me of the 1970s, a decade during which it seemed to take us an age to realise that a once-great team had gone and that their replacements were not (and never would be) up to the job of doing the Cherry and White proud.

Let's not kid ourselves. They can talk all they want about last-minute checks, but those four will not be playing, otherwise I'm sure Lam wouldn't even have mentioned them. Sadly, it'll be no contest.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:36 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Cruncher wrote:That's near enough decided me about whether to take Saturday night off work and watch it all as it happens.

I'm just weary of going to or tuning in to these big games when hopes are so high, only to watch Wigan be systematically destroyed.

I may sound disloyal, but this season reminds me of the 1970s, a decade during which it seemed to take us an age to realise that a once-great team had gone and that their replacements were not (and never would be) up to the job of doing the Cherry and White proud.

Let's not kid ourselves. They can talk all they want about last-minute checks, but those four will not be playing, otherwise I'm sure Lam wouldn't even have mentioned them. Sadly, it'll be no contest.

This squad is probably the worst one in my lifetime.

Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - 1 - Jack Walker 2 - Nick Cotric 3 - TBC 4 - Oliver Gildart 5 - Joe Burgess 6 - George Williams 7 - Adam Reynolds 8 - Jordan McLean 9 - Jayden Brailey 10 - Jarrod Wallace 11 - Jack Williams 12 - Mike McMeekin 13 - Cameron Murray 14 - Christian Welch 15 - Danny Walker

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:49 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

post wrote:This squad is probably the worst one in my lifetime.

It just depends how old/young you are.

SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:56 am 

Cruncher wrote:That's near enough decided me about whether to take Saturday night off work and watch it all as it happens.

I say get yourself to the game. As cliche as it may be, we need to support the team through good and bad times. Not only go when we’re winning. Wigan keep all of the proceeds from Magic Weekend tickets that they sell too, so your £20 can go towards a new signing - OK, not a long way :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:03 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Rogues Gallery wrote:It just depends how old/young you are.

Yep, this side would stick 50 on the 2007 team for starters!

Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:26 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:Yep, this side would stick 50 on the 2007 team for starters!

I'd say we are about 4 league points better than we were in our 'relegation battle' season. Which is just about the difference between where we are now and where we were then at this half-way stage.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:44 am 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

People keep saying that this is the worst squad ever, but we won the grand final last year with a pretty similar squad.

We lost Tomkins, Bateman and Sutton yes, but surely that doesn’t make the difference between a grand final winning team, and “the worst squad in my lifetime”.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

JWarriors wrote:People keep saying that this is the worst squad ever, but we won the grand final last year with a pretty similar squad.

We lost Tomkins, Bateman and Sutton yes, but surely that doesn’t make the difference between a grand final winning team, and “the worst squad in my lifetime”.

Correct

Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:14 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com