Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: O/T Catalans V Wire!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:34 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

TF and the wire wrote:have to laugh at some of the comments on here about beating up kids in wheelchairs etc, have you been watching The Football factory.

I was at that final and heard that story verified from a few wire fans. And when I heard the name of the bloke involved I didn't doubt it was true!

'I've done things i'm not proud of. And the things i am proud of,.......well they're disgusting'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:26 pm 
Strong-running second rower

Ruddy Duck wrote:Perhaps the preasence of CCTV cameras and dear admission prices at the bigger football clubs may have something to do with trouble spreading to our game and the smaller football clubs.

Or perhaps it's just the state of the country these days. Anti Social behaviour is common place these days and so is the rise in groups of kids who have been on the beer/drugs all day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:50 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Egg Chasing wrote:
Ruddy Duck wrote:Perhaps the preasence of CCTV cameras and dear admission prices at the bigger football clubs may have something to do with trouble spreading to our game and the smaller football clubs.

Or perhaps it's just the state of the country these days. Anti Social behaviour is common place these days and so is the rise in groups of kids who have been on the beer/drugs all day.

Maybe if it was kids hanging around causing a general nuisance, but these are adults that have spent a good sum of money in peak holiday period to go abroad and support their team. The vast majority are caught up in it but the behaviour of a group of Warrington fans cannot be ignored. Its alarming that its happened but was anyone shocked who was involved? to try and make any sense out of their actions is embarrassing and some of the mitigating factors put forward only condones their behaviour.

Wigan home of league

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:11 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55 ... LglcrgV060

Make of that what you will, 4 Catalans players banned plus probably one more, one from Wire.
I thought we ran the RFL :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Suzy Banyon wrote:Rugby League is developing a hooliganism problem, it's been building for years. Rugby league also has a problem admitting it has a problem and blaming it on football hooligans.

Now I know you're right with finals attracting casual supporters that are primarily out for the day, rather than the rugby. But why would these same casual fans gearing up for a session at Wembley, be spending all this cash traveling to France? These people involved in this trouble are official club merchandise wearing hardcore supporters that go week in, week out. The same that kick off every time I go to an away in Warrington.

Rugby league is developing a problem that Warrington already has and we shouldn't be making excuses to hide from it.

i am not defending any disorderly behaviour, and hope the culprits (from whichever club) are found and appropriately punished.
I think Cadoo said it all, there are idiots at all clubs. As an example only, have you forgotten about the Wigan Ultras, already?
They were formed with the intent of trying to create an atmosphere of fun and enthusiasm for your club, but were sadly infiltrated by a number of idiots. As I state, all clubs have been blighted at some point or another by them. To state that RL is developing a problem that Warrington already has, gives the impression that you think that Warrington is causing the spread of these issues. This is nonsense, there's always been problems with crowd behaviour in RL, they've never gone away and have, and will, surface every now and again. Ask your dad or granddad and I'm sure they'll be able to tell you stories of a scuffle or worse that happened donkeys years ago.
By making sweeping statements, when neither you nor I attended this game, just stirs up more negative feeling between sets of supporters.
It's best left to the RFL, SL and both clubs to investigate what took place, why it took place and who were the culprits. Then pass any information and evidence to the relevant authorities for punishment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:05 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

apollosghost wrote:https://www.rugby-league.com/article/55457/disciplinary--match-review-panel?fbclid=IwAR2J87BKlEKfCDU5qt15Ls7xjGROOSNcjZLle2XOKmpVVTdo8LglcrgV060

Make of that what you will, 4 Catalans players banned plus probably one more, one from Wire.
I thought we ran the RFL :wink:

Sam Tomkins - 3 match ban

Chris Hill - 0 match ban.

WTF?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

moto748 wrote:Sam Tomkins - 3 match ban

WTF?

Are wire in a final soon?

"Ich bin Ausländer"

"This song is for all you people in the back, its called 'Hard To See'"
Ivan Moody, 5FDP, Reading Festival 2016

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:23 pm 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

moto748 wrote:Sam Tomkins - 3 match ban

WTF?

I'd say it might have something to do with the fact that Tomkins loved a player in the face who was being held by one of his team mates, leaving him defenceless. Hardly a shock though, given how much of a slime he is.

Good player though

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:11 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

100% Wire wrote:I'd say it might have something to do with the fact that Tomkins loved a player in the face who was being held by one of his team mates, leaving him defenceless. Hardly a shock though, given how much of a slime he is.

Good player though

Tomkins should have got a ban no doubt, but Hill should also be sitting on the side-lines for a week or two.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:42 pm 

Maybe catalans should think about not supplying tickets to teams whose supporters behave in this way i know it will hit them financially but they won't have to put up with the violent fans

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:04 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com