Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Accounts
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:24 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

If Wigan are struggling how are the rest of the league going on? Leeds must be in a dire situation.

Of course, for the second-most watch team sport on Sky you would think more money could be generated from Sky. If not, then they are going to be looking for something to fill the gap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:21 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

goobervision wrote:If Wigan are struggling how are the rest of the league going on? Leeds must be in a dire situation.

Of course, for the second-most watch team sport on Sky you would think more money could be generated from Sky. If not, then they are going to be looking for something to fill the gap.

Hull fan here...

First, please beat Cas tomorrow so our bunch of disinterested idiots don't have the "it was a dead rubber anyway" excuse.

On the SKY issue, SL is the second most watched AVAILABLE team sport on Sky, there are many more sports that are either not team sports (darts) or not on Sky (RU).The RFL have never achieved top backing, is the boxing guy still involved?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:11 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

IR80 wrote:Hull fan here...

First, please beat Cas tomorrow so our bunch of disinterested idiots don't have the "it was a dead rubber anyway" excuse.

On the SKY issue, SL is the second most watched AVAILABLE team sport on Sky, there are many more sports that are either not team sports (darts) or not on Sky (RU).The RFL have never achieved top backing, is the boxing guy still involved?

We’ll do our best :wink:

Eddie Hearn? I haven’t heard anything in a long time about his involvement. From what I recall he had some pretty radical ideas and the Chairmen weren’t too impressed. I’d imagine his interest died there.

RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:25 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

100% Warrior wrote:We’ll do our best :wink:

Eddie Hearn? I haven’t heard anything in a long time about his involvement. From what I recall he had some pretty radical ideas and the Chairmen weren’t too impressed. I’d imagine his interest died there.

The chairmen have just won freedom from the rfl,they weren’t ever going to surrender it to Hearn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:38 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

goobervision wrote:If Wigan are struggling how are the rest of the league going on? Leeds must be in a dire situation.

Why would Leeds be in a dire situation? They’ve been the best run club for a couple of decades now. Highest turnover, most profitable. There’ll be a hit next season with fewer season tickets and merchandise sold though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

hengirl wrote:The chairmen have just won freedom from the rfl,they weren’t ever going to surrender it to Hearn

True. I just think it’s a little sad and possibly short sighted not to have had some input. I wouldn’t advocate the “selling off” (if you will) of the game to Eddie Hearn but I’d like to see what he could bring.

RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:22 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

100% Warrior wrote:I didn’t know that. I always thought funding for either away travel was funded by the IRFL. Perhaps that is something the RFL and NRL should look at. Becoming WCC’s or even playing in the final is a huge achievement and one which should lavish each team (more so the winner obviously) with a decent financial return.

When we had the World Cup series concept...Moran acted as guarantee for game to go ahead...of course he got that back...with knobs on. Sure it was a sellout, or pretty darn close to it.

once a wire always a wire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:56 pm 
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Les Norton wrote:Why would Leeds be in a dire situation? They’ve been the best run club for a couple of decades now. Highest turnover, most profitable. There’ll be a hit next season with fewer season tickets and merchandise sold though.

To be honest, their performances and achievements for the last few years are pretty dire. How that doesn't translate into a downward revenue would be rather puzzling.

However, their filling is rather opaque... Leeds Rugby Limited: Administrative Expense, £32. Profit just under £5k, just like last year. Income from fixed assets, £4,992 just like last year. Leeds Rugby League Limited, dormant.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:02 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

According to Bilko Wigan have lost 50,000 pounds for staging this game tonight rather than Friday no wonder the Club is losing money :READING:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

goobervision wrote:To be honest, their performances and achievements for the last few years are pretty dire. How that doesn't translate into a downward revenue would be rather puzzling.

However, their filling is rather opaque... Leeds Rugby Limited: Administrative Expense, £32. Profit just under £5k, just like last year. Income from fixed assets, £4,992 just like last year. Leeds Rugby League Limited, dormant.

Try Leeds Cricket Football And Athletic Company Ltd

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:55 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com