Post subject: Re: Salford
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:33 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

100% Warrior wrote:I’m astounded some are putting Navarette in after that woeful performance on Thursday. For me I’d be going with;

Hardaker
French
Sarginson
Gildart
Marshall
Tommy
Williams
Clubb
Powell
Flower
Farrell
Greenwood
Smithies

Lockers
Byrne
Burgess
Isa

Winger on the bench? You've lost me there

Frank Zappa wrote:Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

100% Warrior wrote:I’m astounded some are putting Navarette in after that woeful performance on Thursday. For me I’d be going with;

Hardaker
French
Sarginson
Gildart
Marshall
Tommy
Williams
Clubb
Powell
Flower
Farrell
Greenwood
Smithies

Lockers
Byrne
Burgess
Isa

Think more likely Isa starting and Greenwood on the bench based on form and I suspect Navarrette will be on the bench rather than a winger.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:57 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

exiled Warrior wrote:Think more likely Isa starting and Greenwood on the bench based on form and I suspect Navarrette will be on the bench rather than a winger.

I’d personally keep Burgess on and start Marshall on the bench as I think Marshall would have more of an impact coming on from the subs bench than Burgess would.I agree about Isa his tenacity from the start is what’s needed. Get greenwood running wide on French’s side where he can find an offload or a quick PTB to get Bevan some space. Really looking forward to this game though , it’s going to be a lot harder than some people think.

1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:54 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Grimmy wrote:Winger on the bench? You've lost me there

Gives us versatility and options to reshuffle the back line/HB’s. Salford are a very well drilled side and we will need to rely on several elements to beat them. The more options the bench give us the better.

Re Isa; I do agree strangely enough with the points and wouldn’t be disappointed or annoyed if he started.

RIP Leon Walker

Stevo wrote:I have greatest respect for Rugby Union, they started it mid-way through the 19th century. Thankfully we grabbed it and turned it into a spectacle on 29th August 1895

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:36 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

In fairness carrying Burgess on the bench wouldn’t be much different to having French on there. We’d just need to reshuffle a bit more once Burgess came on and French moves in to the halves (where he came on at Wakey).

Not that I’d put him on the bench mind but it’s not a ridiculous suggestion by any stretch.

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:01 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com