WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fans Forum - 23/09/2019

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Fans Forum - 23/09/2019

Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:17 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24153
Location: WIGAN
Jukesays wrote:
I thought it was more a dig at those who have suggested he pockets the money himself (the short arms, deep pockets quip he made was in response to people who say we dont spe d up to salary cap and he confirmed we spend 25/30% over it due to dispensations).

There are people out there who keep suggesting jes pocketing money for himself.
7million quid put in suggests he doesn't.


Fully agree. There’s certainly no money in rugby league even if he did fancy pocketing some. He sounds committed to the club and comments suggested his sons will take it on in the longer term. The next tv deal sounds hugely important for the whole sport.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:57 pm  

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3785
Location: Just about to go do some work!
Jukesays wrote:
Yip
And people need to realise it.

Best thing for me overall was regarding his commitment moving forward to the club.
Seemed like he had a lot of fight in him and didn't sound like someone who had given up.

Glad to hear that he's confirmed his commitment. I just hope he realises that the few vocal idiots who say such things are not representative of the vast majority of real fans. Anybody suggesting anyone with any business savvy, as IL clearly has, would go into Rugby league for financial benefit is a moron, plain and simple (pun intended).
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:32 am  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:10 am
Posts: 14508
Phuzzy wrote:
Glad to hear that he's confirmed his commitment. I just hope he realises that the few vocal idiots who say such things are not representative of the vast majority of real fans. Anybody suggesting anyone with any business savvy, as IL clearly has, would go into Rugby league for financial benefit is a moron, plain and simple (pun intended).


In light of this obvious fact, a new whip will doubtless soon be found with which to beat the guy.

The IL decriers have all gone quiet in recent weeks because we've been winning. For example, I've not heard the juvenile phrase 'happy clapper' in quite a while.

But if - as I fear and suspect - we fail to win the Grand Final this year, they will be back straight away.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18836
Cruncher wrote:
In light of this obvious fact, a new whip will doubtless soon be found with which to beat the guy.

The IL decriers have all gone quiet in recent weeks because we've been winning. For example, I've not heard the juvenile phrase 'happy clapper' in quite a while.

But if - as I fear and suspect - we fail to win the Grand Final this year, they will be back straight away.


No doubt they will be. Regardless of the fact its extremely difficult to win 'back-to-back' titles. So much so only a small handful of clubs have ever done it.

Something we've not managed since the mid-nineties. Just to be in with a good chance is a credit to the players and coach this season.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:21 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24153
Location: WIGAN
MattyB wrote:
No doubt they will be. Regardless of the fact its extremely difficult to win 'back-to-back' titles. So much so only a small handful of clubs have ever done it.

Something we've not managed since the mid-nineties. Just to be in with a good chance is a credit to the players and coach this season.


Correct. Not that anybody wouldn’t be disappointed not to win the Grand Final but I’ve said before everything now just feels like a bonus when you consider where we were sat in May/June time. We’ve been on a great run and you just never know what could happen these next few weeks but regardless we’ve got positives to take out of the season and non more so then the three young forwards who’ve burst through and made spots their own.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:35 am  

muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 452
Was anything said about the Shaun Edwards fiasco and the very misleading statement put out by the club to coincide with ST sales for this season?
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:57 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24153
Location: WIGAN
muttywhitedog wrote:
Was anything said about the Shaun Edwards fiasco and the very misleading statement put out by the club to coincide with ST sales for this season?


Same info that’s been in the press. Lenagan said he’s always done things on handshakes and said it was an embarrassing situation for everyone involved. He reiterated that Edwards reasons were that he felt worried he wouldn’t be good enough to do the job after attending lots of training sessions and being hugely impressed with the standards. People will believe what they want and I understand the reasons why we’d role those lines out but I don’t buy it.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:13 am  

Phuzzy wrote:
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:25 am
Posts: 3785
Location: Just about to go do some work!
NickyKiss wrote:
Same info that’s been in the press. Lenagan said he’s always done things on handshakes and said it was an embarrassing situation for everyone involved. He reiterated that Edwards reasons were that he felt worried he wouldn’t be good enough to do the job after attending lots of training sessions and being hugely impressed with the standards. People will believe what they want and I understand the reasons why we’d role those lines out but I don’t buy it.

Edwards himself as much as said the same thing himself recently. I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next man but maybe the truth is the simple version. Tbh I never bought the noises regarding the contract no-show coming out of the Edwards camp at the time. That he simply got cold feet seems a whole lot more plausible to me given he'd been out of the game so long.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:34 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24153
Location: WIGAN
Just think it comes down to money and bigger offers elsewhere. I think he probably used us to get a deal in Union but it’s done and we move on.
Re: Fans Forum - 23/09/2019 Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:58 am  

hengirl wrote:
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:16 am
Posts: 926
NickyKiss wrote:
Just think it comes down to money and bigger offers elsewhere. I think he probably used us to get a deal in Union but it’s done and we move on.

I think his stock is high in union and he really didn’t need the Wigan job to raise it looking back I think he just got caught up in it all and when cold,hard reality came knocking at the door he just got cold feet,rightly too as I think he would have been a disaster certainly in the short term.

I hold no malice to him really and hope he does a good job with France RU side in the coming years
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anglesey Warrior, Egg Chasing, endoman, Froggy, jaws1, jonh, MadDogg, NickyKiss, Pieman, WWste and 162 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,073,2421,17178,2294,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts