WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Salford
Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:34 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7612
Location: The Mighty Wigan
I'd pick the team below. Hope both teams bring their A game - should be a good watch. Not sure that £5 off for season ticket holders will be enough to attract the fans if previous playoff games are anything to go by. Always a real shame that these games are played in front of the lowest crowds of the year.

Hardaker
French
Sarginson
Gildart
Burgess
Williams
Leuluai
Clubb
Powell
Navarette
Farrell
Isa
Smithies

Flower
O'Loughlin
Greenwood
Bryne
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:42 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24754
Location: WIGAN
Hardaker
French Sarginson Gildart Marshall
Williams Leuluai
Flower Powell Navarrete
Isa Farrell Smithies

Clubb
Lockers
Byrne
Greenwood
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:44 pm  

ColD wrote:
ColD Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:23 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Just Behind Parksides Club
MadDogg wrote:
I'd pick the team below. Hope both teams bring their A game - should be a good watch. Not sure that £5 off for season ticket holders will be enough to attract the fans if previous playoff games are anything to go by. Always a real shame that these games are played in front of the lowest crowds of the year.


Always find it bizzare that someone can watch the team the whole season then not follow them in the play offs
Onwards and upwards - LTID
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:58 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14530
May get egg on my face but I don't see them putting up much of a fight. We're gearing up for a title charge whilst they're here for a victory lap after making the 5. Wigan by 20 even accounting for a couple of late consolation tries after the game is gone.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:05 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 19008
Grimmy wrote:
May get egg on my face but I don't see them putting up much of a fight. We're gearing up for a title charge whilst they're here for a victory lap after making the 5. Wigan by 20 even accounting for a couple of late consolation tries after the game is gone.


I love your optimism. I'm not as confident. Let's hope you're right.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012 & 2020

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:19 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14530
MattyB wrote:
I love your optimism. I'm not as confident. Let's hope you're right.

I just look at Cas a couple of years ago, Huddersfield before that, Hull FC before that. All teams with no positive play off experience, all came top, all found out that the play offs are a different beast. Salford are in a similar situation except they only finished 3rd. Add in our form and home advantage (how often have Salford won at the DW/JJB even in regular season?) and the fact they'll know on the back of everyone's heads that losing the game is acceptable because they've come so far, I just can't see anything but a comfortable win for us.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 pm  

WARRIOR5 wrote:
WARRIOR5 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 332
I think we should win but it is no given. Hastings (until he’s in a Wigan shirt), Evalds and Jones scare me.
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:34 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 371
I would like to think that we will win this game and test ourselves at Saints in the GF Qualifier but this is a very well drilled and talented Salford side who can turn anyone over on their day. Past results count for nothing. Quietly confident but nothing more.
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:53 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3703
Pie_Eyter wrote:
I would like to think that we will win this game and test ourselves at Saints in the GF Qualifier but this is a very well drilled and talented Salford side who can turn anyone over on their day. Past results count for nothing. Quietly confident but nothing more.


Sounds about right to me.
Re: Salford Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:02 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24754
Location: WIGAN
Salford play some nice stuff and we’ll have to be switched on to get the win. We know full well play off games are different and teams rarely win them by playing an open brand of rugby. You just never know with a player like Hastings though because if they can get in a tight game then he could produce enough magic to win it for them.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grimmy, hatty, leg_end, NickyKiss, ralvag, Trainman, tugglesf78, wigginswarrior and 168 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,117,3421,05778,4284,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X