WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gabe Hamlin

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Gabe Hamlin

Re: Gabe Hamlin Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It was no doubt seemed best for his future prospects back in Australia and our image as a club to deal with things in house and keep it on the quiet.

Fair enough really for both parties.

Couldn’t fault his effort on the field but if we had grounds to sack him under such circumstances wouldn’t want him anywhere near the club in the future.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Gabe Hamlin Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:02 pm  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

moto748 wrote:
Sacked by the Club? With no announcement?

Doesn't sound right.

Its what I 'heard'
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Gabe Hamlin Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:15 pm  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Well the last anyone heard officially, as I understand it, was that the ball was in the court of the Anti-Doping people, and it was up to them to bring the matter to a conclusion, and pronounce on guilt or innocence. Since then, we've heard nothing. Surely they are obliged, for reasons of natural justice if nothing else, to conclude their enquiries in a timely fashion. They most certainly should not be "kicking it into the long grass and hoping everyone forgets all about it".

And if the Club have sacked him on the QT, that reflects pretty poorly on them too.
Re: Gabe Hamlin Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:37 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

He was suspended for doping, went back home and doesn't have a squad number for this year. Clearly he's no longer a Wigan player, not sure why we need to know any more than that. I'd rather focus on the guys who are Wigan players.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Gabe Hamlin Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:45 am  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Grimmy wrote:
He was suspended for doping, went back home and doesn't have a squad number for this year. Clearly he's no longer a Wigan player, not sure why we need to know any more than that. I'd rather focus on the guys who are Wigan players.

The fact he didn't have a contract for this season should be enough too.

Some people just feel entitled to know everything.

Like you said it's pretty clear cut, he's not a Wigan player and that's the end of it.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Gabe Hamlin Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:51 am  

hengirl wrote:
hengirl Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Grimmy wrote:

Agreed

Move on there’s nothing to see here but plenty going on at the club with pre season training starting,kit launch etc
Re: Gabe Hamlin Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:49 pm  

User avatarhatty wrote:
hatty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

hengirl wrote:
Agreed

Move on there’s nothing to see here but plenty going on at the club with pre season training starting,kit launch etc

An quick one line statement from Wigan just to draw a line under it would be nice, or is this too much to ask?
1998,2010,2013,2016 & 2018.....I was there
Re: Gabe Hamlin Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:49 pm  

Azul wrote:
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

hatty wrote:
An quick one line statement from Wigan just to draw a line under it would be nice, or is this too much to ask?

Yes it is. And apparently you’re a nosey sod for wanting to know
Re: Gabe Hamlin Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:08 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Sacked, Released, Out of contract. Does it matter. He was at the end of his deal anyway and is no longer a Wigan player. As somebody said, we have bigger fish to fry with the superb signings made and a season to look forward to. Hopefully the days of Tomkinsgate, Hardaker, Tautai, Mullen and Hamlin are gone Precedents need to be set and i hope they have behind closed doors. Just a couple more bad eggs in the squad needing shipping out or changing their ways and we are good to go. Hopefully an era we can move on from. his kind of stuff was happening in the 80's. If we seriously want the game to grow and be noticed for the right reasons then the professional players need to start acting like that title and we can earn the right to be more mainstream. The governing bodies, clubs and players all need a long look at themselves and ask themselves the question 'Are we doing enough to actively change the way the game is perceived or just shrugging our shoulders' unfortunately to me it seems to be the latter at the moment but time will tell.
Re: Gabe Hamlin Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 am  

User avatarstpatricks wrote:
stpatricks User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Sacked, Released, Out of contract. Does it matter. He was at the end of his deal anyway and is no longer a Wigan player. As somebody said, we have bigger fish to fry with the superb signings made and a season to look forward to. Hopefully the days of Tomkinsgate, Hardaker, Tautai, Mullen and Hamlin are gone Precedents need to be set and i hope they have behind closed doors. Just a couple more bad eggs in the squad needing shipping out or changing their ways and we are good to go. Hopefully an era we can move on from. his kind of stuff was happening in the 80's. If we seriously want the game to grow and be noticed for the right reasons then the professional players need to start acting like that title and we can earn the right to be more mainstream. The governing bodies, clubs and players all need a long look at themselves and ask themselves the question 'Are we doing enough to actively change the way the game is perceived or just shrugging our shoulders' unfortunately to me it seems to be the latter at the moment but time will tell.

I agree with this, too many excuses and blind eyes turned on players behavior in the past. New season the team has been refreshed onwards and upwards
Wigan home of league
Previous