WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Two going to Leigh.

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Two going to Leigh.

Two going to Leigh. Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:31 pm  

Levrier wrote:
Levrier Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Josh Woods is staying at Leigh for another season and will be joined by Mullen. I cannot really see a place for either in the grand scheme of things as neither has set the world alight yet and both have been overtaken in the pecking order.
Re: Two going to Leigh. Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:38 am  

User avatar[Gareth] wrote:
[Gareth] User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Levrier wrote:
Josh Woods is staying at Leigh for another season and will be joined by Mullen. I cannot really see a place for either in the grand scheme of things as neither has set the world alight yet and both have been overtaken in the pecking order.

Read that earlier. Also says Escare likely to be moved on
"Ich bin Platz eins, ja"
Re: Two going to Leigh. Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:29 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I’d imagine it’s a move that also sees the end of their careers at Wigan at some stage during the season too. Good luck to them both
Re: Two going to Leigh. Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:52 pm  

User avatarKennedy wrote:
Kennedy User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Jarrod Sammut was at the LSV this afternoon, make of that what you will. He was with kit man Frank Taylor.
Re: Two going to Leigh. Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:05 pm  

User avatarPieman wrote:
Pieman User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

He signed for Leigh last week
Re: Two going to Leigh. Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 pm  
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Escare is the main one, from what circulates we're lead to believe he's on a good wack. Be good to clear his salary off the cap to free up enough (plus the others) to bring in a new addition to the squad.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I can't imagine Woods or Mullen will ever play for Wigan again.
Re: Two going to Leigh. Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:21 am  

100% Warrior wrote:
100% Warrior Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Escare is the main one, from what circulates we're lead to believe he's on a good wack. Be good to clear his salary off the cap to free up enough (plus the others) to bring in a new addition to the squad.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I can't imagine Woods or Mullen will ever play for Wigan again.

Therein lies the issue; salary. He was strongly linked with Wakey a few months ago, perhaps they made an offer and couldn’t match his Wigan wages and he was reluctant to drop down?

Personally I believe he’s destroying what could still be a good career by clinging on at Wigan. Barring an injury crisis he won’t see a first team game this season IMHO.

I agree also re Woods and Mullen. I hope they rebuild their careers elsewhere and become a success in their own right
Re: Two going to Leigh. Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:57 am  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Escare, Sammutt, Mullen.

All 3 not good enough for Wigan and surplus to requirements.

Woods, im not sure. He did ok in some games and looks to have an ok kicking game.
Re: Two going to Leigh. Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:43 am  

dr_feelgood wrote:
dr_feelgood Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I don't think Sammutt had a fair crack of the whip I've always liked him since I first saw him play for Crusaders. In addition, I think he doesn't count as an overseas player as he plays for Malta.
Re: Two going to Leigh. Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

To get Escare off the books I guess we’ll end up paying part of his salary. If Wakefield know we’re desperate to get him out the door, they can just bide their time and wait for us to come up with what they deem an acceptable deal. It’s crazy that the club who don’t have the player hold the power but if we’ve over paid the guy then that’s how it’ll be.

I don’t blame Escare in the slightest.
Next