WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Saints v Roosters

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Saints v Roosters

Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:50 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Egg Chasing wrote:
He was referencing the WCC competition not the ashes

Then excuse me for not bothering to read any diatribe from McManus.

To me, an ashes win is more important to the game than Saints winning tonight. I couldn't care less what McManus said.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:22 pm  

User avatartugglesf78 wrote:
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

LMS

Blokes more comical than his wingman Clubb.

Comedy cheek puffs before getting banjoed by a chook defence
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

MattyB wrote:
you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:21 pm  

Porterjoh wrote:
Porterjoh Stevo's Armpit

This commentary is horrifically jingoistic
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:40 pm  

The_Enforcer wrote:
The_Enforcer Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Not watching the game but just seen the score so far. This is terrible for the British game. Saints are without a doubt the best team in SL by a long chalk and cant hack it with an NRL team still in pre season training. Unless something is done quickly to raise the standard of the game over here, we are doomed. Our players are just not as good in any department and every season we seem to be slipping further and further behind.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:42 pm  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

No shame in that effort.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:45 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

The_Enforcer wrote:
Not watching the game but just seen the score so far. This is terrible for the British game. Saints are without a doubt the best team in SL by a long chalk and cant hack it with an NRL team still in pre season training. Unless something is done quickly to raise the standard of the game over here, we are doomed. Our players are just not as good in any department and every season we seem to be slipping further and further behind.

Honestly, that was Saints game to lose. They had a few chances with the line backing but their backs couldn't convert. They absolutely could have won that game.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:56 pm  

User avatartugglesf78 wrote:
tugglesf78 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The_Enforcer wrote:

Honestly mate

Give it up. It’s getting boring now.

Top throbber.
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

MattyB wrote:
you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:59 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

The_Enforcer wrote:

So what should be 'done' to raise the standard? Easy to say, tougher to do.

At the end of the day, we're not entitled to have the best league in our country. We're just like any other European football league bar English or Spanish - it can be enjoyable with good players but as soon as England or Spain come calling - the best players will go. We're probably quite lucky that Australia is the other side of the world which means despite it's obvious appeal, it's such a huge decision to make to move.
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:35 pm  

User avatarBiff Tannen wrote:
Biff Tannen User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

In fairness Saints had a few missing and played a few not fully fit they gave it a good go and if they had taken their chances between 50 and 65 minutes probably would have won the game.

We all know SL is below NRL and probably always will be but all this ' nrl side taking it like a pre season game' blah blah really hacks me off. Roosters were full on tonight if they were not they would have been stuffed.
What you looking at?....Butt Head!!
Re: Saints v Roosters Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:41 pm  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

MadDogg wrote:
So what should be 'done' to raise the standard? Easy to say, tougher to do.

At the end of the day, we're not entitled to have the best league in our country. We're just like any other European football league bar English or Spanish - it can be enjoyable with good players but as soon as England or Spain come calling - the best players will go. We're probably quite lucky that Australia is the other side of the world which means despite it's obvious appeal, it's such a huge decision to make to move.

As always, it really does come down to the basics of the game imo.

Saints certainly had there chances created by their own hard work but were often found wanting with the final ball.

That’s not to say that Roosters didn’t make some basic mistakes too but they looked well organised, very fit and well drilled for the most part.

Maybe somebody more experienced at full back may of helped Saints, poor Welsby made a number of errors.
PreviousNext