JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 201113 years207th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 08:414th May 24 14:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:28 pm  
Agreed NK, well said. Heard some of the staff were put on furlough as of yesterday so hope they get all that support they need from relevant places and they’re all back with us ASAP.
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:26 am  
NickyKiss wrote:
Everyone’s circumstances are different but I personally wouldn’t want a penny back from the club, even if there are no more games. This whole situation is horrendous for everyone involved and it’s something nobody would’ve seen coming. I want a normal life back at some point (as does everyone) and a big part of mine is going watching rugby league. If my season ticket money plays a small part in helping the club then that’s great.

I’d like to think I’ll have a job at the end of all this and will be able to put more money (however small the amount is) in to the club and the game. That’s not to forget the fund raising that’s needed for the NHS and other various charities. Everyone who can needs to play a small part (a small wager on the virtual grand national is a start, with the proceeds going to the NHS) and I’m sure there will be plenty of opportunities via fund raising events. A good start would be getting these premier league footballers to carry some of the financial burden. Bar the odd one, there doesn’t seem to be any rush for them to do that.

The excuse by those in football including players union, that if they took a 30% cut in pay, it would mean that they would pay less tax and less would go to the NHS is only a illustration of how footballers and their agents have become more and more greedy and selfish since the ending of the maximum wage. How do they think footballers of that time would have coped with the situation we have now when they were on a pittance like £20 per week (average pay around a third of that figure) compared to the telephones number pay they are on today.

The England Manager, Gareth Southgate has set a example and taken a 30% cut, but as yet, not many of the overpaid prima donna's have done likewise.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years93rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:29 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
The excuse by those in football including players union, that if they took a 30% cut in pay, it would mean that they would pay less tax and less would go to the NHS is only a illustration of how footballers and their agents have become more and more greedy and selfish since the ending of the maximum wage. How do they think footballers of that time would have coped with the situation we have now when they were on a pittance like £20 per week (average pay around a third of that figure) compared to the telephones number pay they are on today.

The England Manager, Gareth Southgate has set a example and taken a 30% cut, but as yet, not many of the overpaid prima donna's have done likewise.

Will they not pay less tax if they are paid less?
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29339
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 21:268th May 24 16:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:00 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:

They’re throwing every excuse out they can. If they’re worried about that then pay them in full and let them donate to a central pot. Many have done their bit but many have not. Wayne Rooney is really grating on me. His comments that footballers are being made scapegoats sticks in the throat a little but not as much as when he commented that they’d been treated as guinea pigs, all because they were asked to play on for about a week after we started to get cases here. Other sports played past their date and if footballers are guinea pigs, what does that make the shelf stackers, cashiers, bin collectors, delivery men, warehouse workers and so on and on and on. That’s before we start on the frontline NHS staff.
RankPostsTeam
International Star791No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 201113 years317th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
22nd Jun 22 11:3418th Jun 22 16:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:57 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
The vast majority of the Season Ticket holders will earn much less than the vast majority of the playing and coaching staff.

Where is the logic in the poor subsidising the lifestyle of the rich?

They aren't footballers - other than the marquee players I don't think you could classify the standard paid Super League player as rich. They will still live within their means and have mortgages to pay. A lot of them will be on £50k or less surely.
I don't pretend to know the salaries of the players, but I do know what some of the younger lads were on a few years ago and it's not much.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1192
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 30 201014 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 24 18:2726th Nov 22 10:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Don't need to count days off now . Retirement is a wonderful thing
Signature
Regards , EW

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:12 am  
The article in the Sunday Times by Wayne Rooney just show's what a different planet these people live in. Liverpool (and others) putting staff on furlough while the players are paid in full might be legal but it certainly isn't moral . The majority of Premier League players even the lowest paid ones will earn more in a week than Tom and Tina in the ticket office earn in a year. All these football managers business people and the like making noise about taking 20 - 30% pay cuts doesn't cut any ice while at the same time they are laying off all their staff on 80% wages (max £2'500). I bet Tom and Tina in the ticket office wouldn't mind living for 3 months on 70% of Daniel Levy's (Spurs) £7m he earned from them last year and just put his staff on furlough .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52172196

Regards EW (sitting in the house with cabin fever and going stir crazy but well and that's a PLUS so i'm grateful. I would kill for a pint and kebab on King Street and i don't even like walking down that street lol. )
The article in the Sunday Times by Wayne Rooney just show's what a different planet these people live in. Liverpool (and others) putting staff on furlough while the players are paid in full might be legal but it certainly isn't moral . The majority of Premier League players even the lowest paid ones will earn more in a week than Tom and Tina in the ticket office earn in a year. All these football managers business people and the like making noise about taking 20 - 30% pay cuts doesn't cut any ice while at the same time they are laying off all their staff on 80% wages (max £2'500). I bet Tom and Tina in the ticket office wouldn't mind living for 3 months on 70% of Daniel Levy's (Spurs) £7m he earned from them last year and just put his staff on furlough .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52172196

Regards EW (sitting in the house with cabin fever and going stir crazy but well and that's a PLUS so i'm grateful. I would kill for a pint and kebab on King Street and i don't even like walking down that street lol. )
Last edited by Edinburgh Warrior on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 27 201311 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Nov 22 21:4021st Sep 22 16:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:50 am  
I do not necessarily disagree with Wayne Rooney but if a club is making the taxpayer pay the wages of it 's employees then it obviously should be making savings elsewhere. If big football clubs are not willing to do their bit then the decision should be taken away from the people in charge. Sadly the government are unlikely to look too closely at profiteering given the level of self interest and incompetence being exhibited.
RankPostsTeam
International Star811No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 201212 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Aug 22 23:0916th Aug 22 15:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:31 pm  
It disgusts me that the furlough system was brought in to help small businesses and yet you have liverpool who made over £40 million profit last year abusing the system,the government should put a stop to it football clubs should have to show genuine hardship to qualify and don't get me started on Daniel bloodu Levy,what an absolute leech
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29339
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 21:268th May 24 16:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:33 pm  
warrior1872 wrote:
It disgusts me that the furlough system was brought in to help small businesses and yet you have liverpool who made over £40 million profit last year abusing the system,the government should put a stop to it football clubs should have to show genuine hardship to qualify and don't get me started on Daniel bloodu Levy,what an absolute leech

I see Liverpool have just backed down and admitted they were wrong to furlough their non playing staff. I wouldn’t hold my breath of Levy doing the same, regardless of the fact they made a profit of £58m last year and have a majority shareholder worth 4 billion quid.

I’m a big football fan but the greed at the top of the game has sickened me for a long time. I’d love to think this experience will wake a few people up to just how morally bankrupt the premier league is. I know they’re under the microscope these players more so than cricketers, rugby players etc but we’ve had Jack Grelish out seeing his mates, Wayne Rooney (the over paid footballers new union rep by the looks) out seeing Kyle Walker and Kyle Walker himself throwing some sort of sex party. These guys wonder why they’re being seen as villains.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years93rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2020 season tickets : Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:16 pm  
NickyKiss wrote:
I’m a big football fan but the greed at the top of the game has sickened me for a long time. I’d love to think this experience will wake a few people up to just how morally bankrupt the premier league is. I know they’re under the microscope these players more so than cricketers, rugby players etc but we’ve had Jack Grelish out seeing his mates, Wayne Rooney (the over paid footballers new union rep by the looks) out seeing Kyle Walker and Kyle Walker himself throwing some sort of sex party. These guys wonder why they’re being seen as villains.

That's what annoys me. They know they won't receive the same level of punishment as us normal folk and basically don't give a stuff what they do.
PreviousNext