Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:0217th Apr 24 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:17 pm  
Rogues Gallery wrote:
I think the six clubs who are due to play on that 1st day (2nd August) were the ones under most pressure to get the deals sorted quickly. As for Bateman as I said that money will be from players leaving at the end of this season so any wage cuts are irrelevant imo of course.

Then of course we have the Leeds situation whereby they are claiming it is unfair for them to have to travel to Catalan because they are allowed to have a crowd (up to 5,000 I believe) in attendance which according to GH will put Leeds at a disadvantage and they would rather Catalan travel to the U.K. and play the game behind closed doors at a neutral venue?

Didn’t realise Leeds had said that, what the hell are they thinking :shock: Surely all teams will be excited to get over there and play in front of fans and not cardboard cut outs. The last side you’d think would cry ‘disadvantage’ would be the team who’ll no doubt be playing all their other games (including away fixtures) in their own stadium.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2481
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 31 201410 years268th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 14:2830th Mar 24 19:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:42 pm  
I think the problem with Catalan is that they originally agreed to play all their games over here like every one else. It was only when the French government did an unexpected U turn on playing in front of crowds that Guasch wanted to change things.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1829No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 20168 years225th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 15:1816th Apr 24 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:18 pm  
newgroundb4wakey wrote:
I think the problem with Catalan is that they originally agreed to play all their games over here like every one else. It was only when the French government did an unexpected U turn on playing in front of crowds that Guasch wanted to change things.

You can’t blame him for that. If current government rules allow it then to get some gate money & money from the bar etc will invaluable at the moment.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29262
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 08:0217th Apr 24 16:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:31 pm  
newgroundb4wakey wrote:

They’re in the fortunate position to be able to have supporters attend and it’s only right IMO that they should be allowed to have their home games at their home ground. As long as it doesn’t cause too many logistical issues, it would be fabulous for everyone concerned to be able to play there.

Why Leeds would be the club to kick up a fuss is beyond me. This season isn’t going to be played on a level playing field, it’s impossible all things considered and teams are just going to have to accept that. One of the teams who will gain a significant advantage out of the new set up of neutral venues will be Leeds. We’re going to be disadvantaged but that’s absolutely fine because needs must.
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:41 am  
Why have we got to have games only played on neutral grounds when football clubs are all playing home games on their own grounds?

I have yet to see any explanation from the RFL.

Totally unfair on most clubs and their supporters and could cause immense harm to future support when things get back to normal, especially the future sale of season tickets.

I suspect that many season ticket holders, especially those who only attend home games have requested a refund as a result of what has been decided by the RFL or should I say Sky Sports.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 05:4815th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:05 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
Why have we got to have games only played on neutral grounds when football clubs are all playing home games on their own grounds?

I have yet to see any explanation from the RFL.

Totally unfair on most clubs and their supporters and could cause immense harm to future support when things get back to normal, especially the future sale of season tickets.

I suspect that many season ticket holders, especially those who only attend home games have requested a refund as a result of what has been decided by the RFL or should I say Sky Sports.

I would guess the cost plays a MASSIVE part
Much easier making 2 grounds completely safe and continually cleaning them than 12.
(Plus any dual stadiums would have issues with extra cleaning and other issues when negotiating football teams etc)

No idea why you think it's a Big disadvantage to anyone and why it would affect season ticket sales next year?
And why anyone would request their money back because games they cant go to anyway because they are being played at a neutral venue is beyond me.(if we were allowed to go and they werent at home toud have a bit of a point).
RankPostsTeam
International Star666
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 201311 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 12:1213th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 am  
Rogues Gallery wrote:

Then of course we have the Leeds situation whereby they are claiming it is unfair for them to have to travel to Catalan because they are allowed to have a crowd (up to 5,000 I believe) in attendance which according to GH will put Leeds at a disadvantage and they would rather Catalan travel to the U.K. and play the game behind closed doors at a neutral venue?

Has he had anything to say on playing Huddersfield at a "neutral venue", which happens to be Headingley.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1072
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 16 200915 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Jun 22 15:5227th Jan 22 09:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:52 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
Has he had anything to say on playing Huddersfield at a "neutral venue", which happens to be Headingley.

That situation is made even more ridiculous as Saints who should have been at home in their game have to play it at Headingley when Saints' ground is one of the ones expected to be used as a neutral venue. Playing the three games at Saints would have made more sense. I would hope that if it does as expected happen at Leeds that the Leeds v Huddersfield fixtures are reversed so that Huddersfield will get their home tie later in the season.
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:36 am  
Jukesays wrote:
I would guess the cost plays a MASSIVE part
Much easier making 2 grounds completely safe and continually cleaning them than 12.
(Plus any dual stadiums would have issues with extra cleaning and other issues when negotiating football teams etc)

No idea why you think it's a Big disadvantage to anyone and why it would affect season ticket sales next year?
And why anyone would request their money back because games they cant go to anyway because they are being played at a neutral venue is beyond me.(if we were allowed to go and they werent at home toud have a bit of a point).

Not all supporters these days where money is tighter due to the pandemic situation are as loyal as you seemed to think

Most I suspect have not only asked for refunds, but also are not happy at all about their clubs having to play on neutral grounds instead of playing home and away games which they consider to be unfair, especially for the smaller clubs. A situation which may make many supporters of all the clubs in the Super League think about buying a season ticket etc in the future and even future support of the game.

Why do you think that with the reduction in the ticket office staff as a result of the Latic's going into administration, the club has appealed for supporters to be patient in contacting the ticket office.

We have all been supporters who have followed the club no matter where and when they play, but as you go older, especially when you get a family and money gets tighter, the majority end up just watching the home games.
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 06:0216th Apr 24 16:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Not yet agreed terms : Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:01 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
Not all supporters these days where money is tighter due to the pandemic situation are as loyal as you seemed to think

Most I suspect have not only asked for refunds, but also are not happy at all about their clubs having to play on neutral grounds instead of playing home and away games which they consider to be unfair, especially for the smaller clubs. A situation which may make many supporters of all the clubs in the Super League think about buying a season ticket etc in the future and even future support of the game.

Why do you think that with the reduction in the ticket office staff as a result of the Latic's going into administration, the club has appealed for supporters to be patient in contacting the ticket office.

We have all been supporters who have followed the club no matter where and when they play, but as you go older, especially when you get a family and money gets tighter, the majority end up just watching the home games.

Quote from Michael Carter today saying that only 5% of Wakefield Trinity season ticket holders have asked for a rebate which I personally think is amazing.

Everyone’s situations are different and there is no right or wrong in exceptional times like this.

As a sport we have always tended to come together and look after our own. Despite the many many issues with our game it is probably what we do better than any other sport.

I’d love for those figures or somewhere near to be replicated across the board.
PreviousNext