JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years268th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:5618th Apr 24 12:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:49 am  
There may be "things we don't know about" that was bound to apply. It also doesn't mean difficulties can't be overcome.
As for the set up structures and costs, those have already been met at Hudds, Hull and Wigan and I'm sure the running costs are not small either.
I do think it could have been handled much better and I'd be interested to know if the use of the three dual use grounds had been considered which are Covid free.
How it will all pan out I don't know. Johnson has been on the tv confusing things even more. Then there's Oxford Uni and Astra Z saying their vaccine will be ready by September. A Vaccine would change everything, and for the better. For people who get vaccinated it could be back to almost normal very soon.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:3719th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:21 pm  
NSW wrote:
Either all teams use their own grounds or (more likely), you have 3 or 4 grounds (as they have), but 2 grounds are used each weekend.
e.g. Saints host 3 matches on Saturday and Leeds host 3 on Sunday.
NO team is allowed to play at their home ground.
If Leeds & Saints are due to meet, it happens at Wire.
It's easy.

Typical SL/RFL half-arsed rubbish.

On the up-side, at least we get the game back.

Couldn’t agree more, every game played on a neutral field.

So your not worried about increased travel then?
What issues that may create? Saints V Wigan but we have to travel over the Headingley?
There are Hundreds of issues involved in getting the game back on - we don't know about 99% of them

Listen I am sure that all those that are "Upset" because a game that's behind closed doors, with no fans etc. because "Hypothetically" give certain teams (Leeds/Warrington/Saints are getting the stick for this) when in reality the advantage hardly exists and anyone playing in those games won't give a shiny S**t about it may want to keep harping on about it

The reality is that None of us have 5% of the info needed to make a call on why things have to be done the way they've been done. Speculating about X Y Z without knowing the background is pointless, especially over something as trivial as Home or Neutral ground Which, from the horses mouth of one of Wigan's staff "No-ones bothered about".
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm  
Father Ted wrote:
There may be "things we don't know about" that was bound to apply. It also doesn't mean difficulties can't be overcome.
As for the set up structures and costs, those have already been met at Hudds, Hull and Wigan and I'm sure the running costs are not small either.
I do think it could have been handled much better and I'd be interested to know if the use of the three dual use grounds had been considered which are Covid free.
How it will all pan out I don't know. Johnson has been on the tv confusing things even more. Then there's Oxford Uni and Astra Z saying their vaccine will be ready by September. A Vaccine would change everything, and for the better. For people who get vaccinated it could be back to almost normal very soon.

You say "It also doesn't mean difficulties can't be overcome."

Do you not think that they may have looked into overcoming them and maybe, just maybe the cost/risk of doing so may not be worth it or safe?
Because I know (Through conversation with Wigan Staff & other staff at SL & CHampionship level inc. a Chief Exec) that it's Nightmare!!! And they have been discussing everything, but eventually Safe & Cost efficient decisions need to be made and have been for the best of All Clubs to keep the game afloat. 90% + of these decisions/reasons won't be on the radar of the general public because it isn't our job to do it.

I'm involved in Amateur cricket - This was supposed to be back up and running last week (And indeed a couple of friendlies did go ahead last week).
Without going into detail a couple of issues have arisen and this weeks games in Liverpool & Lancs (Everything under the Lancs jurisdiction) has been called off.

I've got here the Risk Assessment etc. details that have now come out that Every club have to adhere to BEFORE they can even train never mind play & it's a Nightmare!!!

I'm not just "Sticking up for the RFL", god knows I wouldn't be that stupid, but I can Guarantee that Joe public won't have a Scooby about 99% of the issues involved. And I'm not sure why they're bothered ???

PS
Being Financially Responsibly as I am for a Cricket club & a Swimming club (And a Bar inside the cricket club) I can tell you the pressures to stay afloat are immense & difficult - To re-open a Bar and become Covid compliant etc. has taken us 4 weeks of planning

I'm just saying it's easy to criticise - Not so easy to do it
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4649
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years206th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
15th Apr 24 23:2415th Apr 24 15:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:32 pm  
Only fly in the ointment AFAIC would probably be, would I want to go to the pub to watch the games on Sky? Maybe not - I've steered clear of pubs so far. Obviously that's a decision that's up to each individual. They'll be on Wigan TV sooner or later.
RankPostsTeam
International Star666
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 201311 years284th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 18:4913th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:26 pm  
NSW wrote:
If Leeds & Saints are due to meet, it happens at Wire.

Or even Leeds play their home game v Saints at Headingley, and their away game in round 17 at TWS.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7732
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:41 pm  
muttywhitedog wrote:
Or even Leeds play their home game v Saints at Headingley, and their away game in round 17 at TWS.

:BOW: or :CRAZY:

I'm hoping it's the first! :D :CLAP:
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:57 pm  
sergeant pepper wrote:
Depends on how much you want you want to pick holes in everything.

SL is back, so I'm happy. If that means us playing away then so be it

Not picking holes in everything, just saying that it is not a fair format for most of the clubs.
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32309
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years162nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 16:444th Apr 24 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:24 pm  
Stop the friggin moaning, it is what it, get on with it. What do you think Waney would have said? Get on with it, ger um smashed, show then who we are!
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:00 am  
Father Ted wrote:
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rearranged fixtures : Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:32 am  
Jukesays wrote:
You say "It also doesn't mean difficulties can't be overcome."

Do you not think that they may have looked into overcoming them and maybe, just maybe the cost/risk of doing so may not be worth it or safe?
Because I know (Through conversation with Wigan Staff & other staff at SL & CHampionship level inc. a Chief Exec) that it's Nightmare!!! And they have been discussing everything, but eventually Safe & Cost efficient decisions need to be made and have been for the best of All Clubs to keep the game afloat. 90% + of these decisions/reasons won't be on the radar of the general public because it isn't our job to do it.

I'm involved in Amateur cricket - This was supposed to be back up and running last week (And indeed a couple of friendlies did go ahead last week).
Without going into detail a couple of issues have arisen and this weeks games in Liverpool & Lancs (Everything under the Lancs jurisdiction) has been called off.

I've got here the Risk Assessment etc. details that have now come out that Every club have to adhere to BEFORE they can even train never mind play & it's a Nightmare!!!

I'm not just "Sticking up for the RFL", god knows I wouldn't be that stupid, but I can Guarantee that Joe public won't have a Scooby about 99% of the issues involved. And I'm not sure why they're bothered ???

PS
Being Financially Responsibly as I am for a Cricket club & a Swimming club (And a Bar inside the cricket club) I can tell you the pressures to stay afloat are immense & difficult - To re-open a Bar and become Covid compliant etc. has taken us 4 weeks of planning

I'm just saying it's easy to criticise - Not so easy to do it

As someone who played Cricket and Football in my younger days, I think it is far more safer to play Cricket rather than in Football and very shortly Rugby, where players are in more bodily contact with each other and also in each others faces, if they score a goal or a try.

While things are eased for those involved in team sports like bodily contact team sports like Football and Rugby, we the public now have now to wear a face mask to enter a shop, store or supermarket in addition to public transport in order to prevent a spread of the virus.

But are sports fans concerned any spreading of the pandemic at a game in a stadium.

The answer is a big resounding NO!
PreviousNext