WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:27 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2211
Errrors and penalties were shocking, luckily Wakefield made plenty too.

George Burgess - marquee player was hidden on the bench then did about 20 mins and was okay.

Jackson Hasting - marquee player goes missing when the going gets tough, his second half today was nearly as bad as his second half against Salford.

Need our “big names” to step up imo
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:28 pm  

Cbr1000rr wrote:
Cbr1000rr Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Posts: 234
Location: Wigan
NickyKiss wrote:
Our discipline is horrendous. We gave a penalty away in possession yet again and lost a try on the back of it. David Fafita did what David Fafita does against us and acts like a footballer constantly claiming foul play and both us and Thaler fell for it. I love Smithies but he really needs to get his head back in to just running hard and tackling hard and leave the running niggly battles to one side.

On the plus side Hardaker was excellent, I thought Bibby had his best game in a Wigan shirt and Liam Byrne and Havard carried that group of props. I again paid close attention o George Burgess and it’s like watching a junior out his depth. His first job to work on is getting back in the defensive line. It’s Tautai esq watching him struggle and him being third man in and then not getting back in the line left Isa totally isolated for the Wood try (still a very poor effort though). I thought Byrne was absolutely massive for us. He’s growing in confidence and physically and bit by bit he’s making a spot in the 17 his own.


George Burgess one of our biggest mistakes for years absolutely waste of cap space
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:33 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17392
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Few thoughts, firstly lowest quality game of the restart so far.

Both teams making some bad errors and poor decisions.

The main concern for me was out attack which was very flat. At time’s our strike runners were ahead of the ball carrier who was looking to find them.

Thought Zak had a great game but I’d still rather he play centre with French at 1 as teams can really go at French in the line on the wing.

Manfreddi worked hard but for me the centre position isn’t for him.

Was impressed with Clarke when he came on, looked like he wanted to make an impact and did. Burgess didn’t really put his hand up and that is a worry.

End of sets was poor, won’t have helped losing TL but Smith or Hastings needed to be more dominant.

I thought Powell was great, huge in D at critical times, I would still like to see Amir Bourouh on the bench. The new system cries out for an explosive 9 and that isn’t Powell.

Positives again were the youngsters and the 2 points.

Harvard in particular I thought was great.

Tactics....not sure they worked today.

Back to the drawing board Mr Lam.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:05 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 1616
Location: In the sky with diamonds
I guess a win is a win, but plenty to work on.

Isa - absolutely terrible defence for the 1st Wakey try and then conceded the pen + an extra 10 in the build up for their 2nd. Also offered nothing in attack again. Imagine if Greenwood would have performed like that.

Marshall - same story as always i.e lively in attack, but a liability with his inability to trust his inside man in defence. Two really soft tries that a more complete winger would have kept out.

Last play options weren't the best with kicks going to the man instead of hitting the floor.

Thought Havard, Byrne and Zak had great games tho.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:10 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: Watching Rugby League
NSW wrote:
Errrors and penalties were shocking, luckily Wakefield made plenty too.

George Burgess - marquee player was hidden on the bench then did about 20 mins and was okay.

Jackson Hasting - marquee player goes missing when the going gets tough, his second half today was nearly as bad as his second half against Salford.

Need our “big names” to step up imo


I thought Hastings at Salford was because of his love affair with them? (Not directed soley at you, btw. Plenty said it on here after we lost and criticised him for it)

Our pack quite simply isn't good enough and sides will always get a spell in the game when they dominate. At that point Hastings or any other half will look poor.

Clark and Burgess offered next to frig all off the bench when they should be coming on and looking to dominate.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:14 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2211
Egg Chasing wrote:
I thought Hastings at Salford was because of his love affair with them? (Not directed soley at you, btw. Plenty said it on here after we lost and criticised him for it)

Our pack quite simply isn't good enough and sides will always get a spell in the game when they dominate. At that point Hastings or any other half will look poor.

Clark and Burgess offered next to frig all off the bench when they should be coming on and looking to dominate.


I thought it was, but exactly the same today, we were crying out for some direction.

Agree on Clark and Burgess, Havard and Bryne showing them up massively.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:16 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 17392
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Egg Chasing wrote:
I thought Hastings at Salford was because of his love affair with them? (Not directed soley at you, btw. Plenty said it on here after we lost and criticised him for it)

Our pack quite simply isn't good enough and sides will always get a spell in the game when they dominate. At that point Hastings or any other half will look poor.

Clark and Burgess offered next to frig all off the bench when they should be coming on and looking to dominate.



Can’t agree about Clark. Though he came on and was aggressive and looking for work.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:26 pm  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 18856
Cbr1000rr wrote:
Lets not gloss over the fact that 2nd half we where sh*te and got lucky that, the bibby try was given as it never was a try


The last Wakefield try evens up with that. The most blatant knock on a couple of plays back and Thaler looking the other way, deary me.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012



Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:29 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1446
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Same level of performance as the HKR/Salford games, pretty poor to say the least.
Not sure why we've gone backwards since Hudds away.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:35 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1626
Location: Watching Rugby League
MattyB wrote:
The last Wakefield try evens up with that. The most blatant knock on a couple of plays back and Thaler looking the other way, deary me.


I thought Thaler was terrible. Managed to slow down a game that has a million rules aimed at speeding it up.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apollosghost, CM Punk, Darwen Warrior, Fujiman, Grimmy, J L Hooker, jaws1, Jukesays, ksm1701, Les Norton, LesG, MadDogg, NickyKiss, RedWarrior32, Rogues Gallery, Ruddy Duck, sergeant pepper, spartakmixtapes, verbatim, WWste and 129 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,084,0751,03678,2774,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts