WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:30 am  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
NickyKiss wrote:
Must admit I did notice the ball evading him a time or two. He needs to up his workrate in both attack and defence and whilst I don’t have him as a lost cause yet, the signs are worrying. We’ve brought him in on big money to be our own Alex Walmsley but over the season he’s probably been out performed by 3 junior props, Joe Bullock and even Mitch Clark in his short spells and that’s just our lot. What we want/expect from him for the reputation and the money to what we’re getting is terrifying. Time yet though and fingers crossed he pulls through this rough start.


Yes IL must be headbutting the table with the money that is going down the drain there. Hopefully it'll improve but even in the best case scenario of two decent 20 minute stints from George it definitely wasn't a wise marquee buy. With every penny being important now with Covid its not pleasant to think of that huge paycheck he's picking up.

Hopefully he can at least provide a few big game changing runs in time (like Feka used to on occasions).
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 am  

moto748 wrote:
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3696
Cherry.Pie wrote:
And while his leg drive was impressive I wouldn't describe his try as 'great'.


I wouldn't describe it as a try, either! :lol:
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:02 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14376
Let's bear in mind he has played five games in a new league. Two of which were after long breaks (i.e off season and the COVID break). He had a good game against Huddersfield as well prior to the break. The signs aren't positive but I'm not ready to write him off yet
Last edited by Grimmy on Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
moto748 wrote:
I wouldn't describe it as a try, either! :lol:


No I wouldn't have given it but with the ref's call there was only one outcome.

I thought Thaler was generally crap throughout and an arrogant git to boot.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:20 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 24668
Location: WIGAN
Grimmy wrote:
Let's bear in mind he has played five games in a new league. Two of which were after long breaks (i.e off season and the COVID break). He had a good game against Huddersfield as well prior to the break. The signs aren't positive but I'm not ready to write him off yet


It’s got to be the hope with him. He made one really good carry yesterday (before Bibby’s try I believe) and is a handful still but we need 50-60 minutes worth of them and an appetite to defend. You look at Tom Burgess making 150-200m in the NRL every week and you can’t help but think this hip injury people talk about with George is a real concern. I read people say he looks unfit but to me it’s not his general fitness that’s a worry, it’s his fitness in terms of whatever that problem may be. He looks uncomfortable trying to get about the place, especially turning to try and get back in the defensive line.

Hopefully this time next month we all sit here and breath a sigh of relief that he just needed games under his belt.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Well Burgess is suspended for a game now which is the last thing he needs. I imagine Ben Flower might come in if he's fit or maybe Bullock to move up.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2268
NickyKiss wrote:
It’s got to be the hope with him. He made one really good carry yesterday (before Bibby’s try I believe) and is a handful still but we need 50-60 minutes worth of them and an appetite to defend. You look at Tom Burgess making 150-200m in the NRL every week and you can’t help but think this hip injury people talk about with George is a real concern. I read people say he looks unfit but to me it’s not his general fitness that’s a worry, it’s his fitness in terms of whatever that problem may be. He looks uncomfortable trying to get about the place, especially turning to try and get back in the defensive line.

Hopefully this time next month we all sit here and breath a sigh of relief that he just needed games under his belt.

Agree with you, if only it was a cardio fitness issue. Just looks uncomfortable, the chronic hip injury conversion adds up.

He’s been banned for next week anyway.

I’d imagine Lockers or Flower will replace him.
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:12 pm  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 11:46 pm
Posts: 927
Location: Out and about in Wigan
No disrespect to havard as he’s a brilliant prospect but I think it’s a sad state of affairs when a barley 19 year old who’s had less than 10 games is outperforming our other props comfortably and making 130 metres when our next best is 80. Havard for me is number 1 prop on team sheet at the moment
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:53 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm
Posts: 1870
Location: God's little acre
MadDogg wrote:
Well Burgess is suspended for a game now which is the last thing he needs. I imagine Ben Flower might come in if he's fit or maybe Bullock to move up.


What for?
Another week to build up his fitness though :oops:
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:55 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:14 am
Posts: 7591
Location: The Mighty Wigan
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
What for?
Another week to build up his fitness though :oops:


I think he got penalised for pressure on the neck with Fifita - didn't look clear on the replay.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, Azul, Blueblood, Darwen Warrior, FIOS, Froggy, Grimmy, hengirl, jaws1, Jordan Rankin, LewCharnock, MadDogg, MattyB, MelbourneWarrior, morrisseyisawire, MOUSE13, NickyKiss, R.B.A, Salty, sergeant pepper, ShortArse, SubjectNine, Tricky Dicky, warrior1872 and 181 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,104,7651,38778,3624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts




X