WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A)

Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:11 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy wrote:
The first game after lockdown was like the last game before lockdown (Salford) - get into a decent lead and stop playing for the last half hour thinking the game is won, stop doing the things that got you into the winning position in the first place and invite pressure. Thankfully a different outcome (just).

Don't get me started on brainless penalties - we had a penalty against us TWICE in the second half when WE had the ball - brainless. The second of which started the Wakey comeback.

Same old story on the giving pens away in possession front sadly. It’s happened in other games this year (at least twice at Cas) and is unforgivable. The players really need to improve their discipline because it’s appalling. In other games it felt like all the pens were 6 again calls but with us it felt little had changed in regards the rules, as we still found numerous ways of giving traditional penalties (and field position) away.

If that doesn’t change soon we can write of any hope of competing for a trophy.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:40 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

I'm not usually one to moan about refs but I think twice since the restart refs have gone on an "even-up-the-penalty-count" spree in the 2nd half, the other time was Leeds vs. Hudds where Leeds came back to win also.

Think at half time or mid-second half, the Leeds/Hudds penalty count was 8-3 against Leeds, it finished 10-9 against Leeds.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:58 pm  

Cruncher wrote:
Cruncher Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
We lost momentum and field position through ridiculous errors and penalties, not because of a fitness issue. I see one player in that squad who has an issue with fitness and that looks an injury issue rather than a lack of cardio fitness. The rest of the squad look in great shape. If there are fitter players and more mobile forwards then guys like Faz and Isa across the league I don’t see them. The young forwards look like great athletes and there aren’t any problems in the backs for me. Even Lebrons Saints side would admit to blowing more than usual towards the end of their first couple of fixtures I’m sure. The fact they’d played so well and dominated would’ve meant they’d not been tested quite as much as some other teams but even though guys like LeBron Curry would have you believe they’re superhuman (weirdly we didn’t hear much from him or other Saints fans before lockdown), they’re not.

One of the main advantages of Wigan winning and Saints losing. It means they stay away from this forum.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:35 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cruncher wrote:
One of the main advantages of Wigan winning and Saints losing. It means they stay away from this forum.

I’m more than happy to have fans of other clubs contributing on here when they mean to do it in a decent way via sensible conversation and friendly banter but unfortunately what you mainly get is guys like Curry LeBron and his endless trolling. He had to change his username a few times during Saints poor run but unfortunately he’ll stick with it now with Saints being a good side and it’ll take another baron spell to get rid of that character and move on to a new one.
Re: RD 8 | Wakefield Trinity (A) Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:43 pm  

KingRoss11 wrote:
KingRoss11 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

NickyKiss wrote:
I’m more than happy to have fans of other clubs contributing on here when they mean to do it in a decent way via sensible conversation and friendly banter but unfortunately what you mainly get is guys like Curry LeBron and his endless trolling. He had to change his username a few times during Saints poor run but unfortunately he’ll stick with it now with Saints being a good side and it’ll take another baron spell to get rid of that character and move on to a new one.

I wonder who he’ll be next time? Kevin Durant my moneys on.
Previous