WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Clubb
Re: Clubb Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:40 am  

User avatarMattyB wrote:
MattyB User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:

The issue really is that his best days are behind him and I don’t think the club were ruthless enough in their decision making.

Agree with this.
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Re: Clubb Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

MattyB wrote:
Agree with this.

Me too
Re: Clubb Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:04 pm  
MorePlaymakersNeeded Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

No one wants to see players injured, but Clubb is not a key loss to your team. It weakens your squad, but not by much.
Re: Clubb Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:22 pm  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

NickyKiss wrote:
I agree. It isn’t his fault the club gave him a two year deal. He came here in 2014 and has in the main been a good player for us. He’s suffered some serious injuries and Illness in his time here but over the years I’ve enjoyed watching him. These last couple of seasons have probably been years we realistically shouldn’t have given him but before that he’s played a part in the side winning a few trophies and is clearly a bloke the squad look up to.

The issue really is that his best days are behind him and I don’t think the club were ruthless enough in their decision making.

Well said, and following his kidney problem, the club give him back something for the loyal service he had given to the club.

So how anyone can different is not on!
Re: Clubb Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:07 am  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Well said, and following his kidney problem, the club give him back something for the loyal service he had given to the club.

So how anyone can think differently is not on!

Is that what you meant? Few scoops tonight Ruddy?
Re: Clubb Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:39 am  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower

NickyKiss wrote:
He can play properly, he proved that for a spell of around a month last season when it was basically him and a few junior props. It was around the time he scored his try at Leeds away from memory. He seemed to switch in to simply running the ball hard and defending properly and left the stupidity to one side. Admittedly he slipped back in to his old ways pretty quickly and I don’t disagree that 90% of the time he’s not worth a place.

*Edit*

Just checked some stats around that time and his numbers were poles apart from the dross he served up at the start of this season.

HKR-Away (Flower went off injured early and it was after this he stood up and played properly for a few weeks)

32 Tackles
11 Carries
92 metres

Leeds-Away

29 tackles
13 Carries
114 metres

Salford-Home

25 Tackles
11 Carries
75 metres

It isn’t Luke Thompson/Liam Watts but compare that spell to Wire at home this season (9 tackles, 3 carries and 15 metres), Cas away ( 12 tackles, 5 carries and 28 metres) and Toronto at home (16 tackles, 8 carries and 47 metres) and it was a marathon effort from the big fella. Those numbers last year are more than acceptable from a prop who shares his minutes but he picked up yet another injury soon after and then sips back to type as soon as he’s back.

Them Leeds stats include a 50m run after the final whistle. no prop forward should be able to run 50m like that if they have put a shift in. the other stats are acceptable for sure and if he did that every week there would be no issue. If i could be bothered i would go through the other 100 plus games he has been bang average at best. played for 12 minutes in one game last year and Lam wouldn't put him back on. He only played short minutes at cas that year but was warming up to come back on when we couldn't hold them in the second half? We need our props making 15 carries for 120 metres and were laughing. I want every single player to do well and prove me wrong, Greenwood is another, will happily be wrong if he starts playing well.
Re: Clubb Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:54 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Is that what you meant? Few scoops tonight Ruddy?

No, but if I had, it would have been proper beer and not urine like Carling!
Re: Clubb Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

JonnyBroad wrote:
Them Leeds stats include a 50m run after the final whistle. no prop forward should be able to run 50m like that if they have put a shift in. the other stats are acceptable for sure and if he did that every week there would be no issue. If i could be bothered i would go through the other 100 plus games he has been bang average at best. played for 12 minutes in one game last year and Lam wouldn't put him back on. He only played short minutes at cas that year but was warming up to come back on when we couldn't hold them in the second half? We need our props making 15 carries for 120 metres and were laughing. I want every single player to do well and prove me wrong, Greenwood is another, will happily be wrong if he starts playing well.

I don’t disagree, just pointing out that as I said initially he can do it when gets his head straight. His time should’ve come and gone because as you point out he doesn’t do it anything like often enough but for some reason we kept him on.
Re: Clubb Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:40 am  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower

NickyKiss wrote:
I don’t disagree, just pointing out that as I said initially he can do it when gets his head straight. His time should’ve come and gone because as you point out he doesn’t do it anything like often enough but for some reason we kept him on.

He must have incriminating pictures of somebody thats all i can think.
Previous