apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Re: Squad for Wakefield Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:54 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It’s a good squad that considering Gildart, Partington, Flower and Clubb are out. I wonder if we’ll see a surprise selection or two. Lammy spoke about some players coming back in great shape and then being rewarded via selection this Sunday.
Re: Squad for Wakefield Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:21 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

French
Manfredi
Hankinson
Hardaker
Marshall
Hastings
Smith
Burgess
Powell
Byrne
Farrell
Isa
O'Loughlin

Bullock
Havard
Leuluai
Smithies
Re: Squad for Wakefield Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:44 pm  

Itchy Arsenal User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
It’s a good squad that considering Gildart, Partington, Flower and Clubb are out. I wonder if we’ll see a surprise selection or two. Lammy spoke about some players coming back in great shape and then being rewarded via selection this Sunday.

I think a lot depends on how George Burgess performs over the remaining part of the season.
We have decent depth in the squad but are painfully short of quality in the front row.

If Havard keeps on improving he will become our top performer in the front row.

I’m really looking forward to French playing on firmer pitches and I hope that we will use the ball a bit more than the trundling in routines we normally rely on
Re: Squad for Wakefield Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:26 pm  

WWste wrote:
WWste Stevo's Armpit

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
I think a lot depends on how George Burgess performs over the remaining part of the season.
We have decent depth in the squad but are painfully short of quality in the front row.

If Havard keeps on improving he will become our top performer in the front row.

I’m really looking forward to French playing on firmer pitches and I hope that we will use the ball a bit more than the trundling in routines we normally rely on

Looking at some pictures of G Burgess on Wigan’s insta page he looks to be in really good shape, aswell as Mitch Clarke. I did say that when he joined us and he was blowing out his backside after 10mins against wire.
Re: Squad for Wakefield Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:58 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Crazy to think that Burgess has hardly played any rugby in over 12 months. He was banned in July 2019 and, give or take a few games for us, he's hardly done anything.
Last edited by sergeant pepper on Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Squad for Wakefield Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:45 am  

JonnyBroad wrote:
JonnyBroad Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

sergeant pepper wrote:
Crazy to think that Burgess has hardly played any rugby in over 12 months. He was banned in July 2019 and give or take a few games here or there for us, he's hardly done anything.

He deffo needs some game time in his legs which just can't be replicated in training. no way in a million years should he have started that game against Warrington. poor choice by Lam that for me. should have been eased in off the bench for a few weeks. I have every confidence in another 4 weeks we will see a marked improvement.