FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brian Carney, Sky, BLM, Racism, Marxism, Communism, Kneeling
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Mar 23 22:1119th Feb 23 21:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

post wrote:
The whole mess in the middle east is down to her meddling.

I'm terrified that you've read so many lies that you actually believe this.
Of course I have no doubt you can produce a cogent and coherent argument why this obvious falsehood would be right. Just like you do for all your statements.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 17:5512th Apr 24 21:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Jukesays wrote:
A couple of pages ago I wrote about how it never ceases to amaze me how one side gets labelled as Snowflake, get accused of not being able to debate, accused of name calling and not being educated/loony etc yet it's ok for the right leaners to name call etc. And they want to shut debate down.
I never thought though that being educated would be one of the accusations you would have to defend.

Much better to be educated by Facebook, Twitter, Fox News, YouTube, Alex Jones, Breitbart, Turning point etc apparently

Once again facts have been presented, but no replies. (The George floyd accusation, the rubbish about BBC only allowing "Lefties" who are communists, marxists on to name just 2). Neither get replies, people just ignore what's presented, and people wonder why the governments are allowed to do the same thing. I've seen people with my own eyes who backed Brexit, now 100% back Bojo and the others, purely to save face over Brexit and when you present any kind of fact/argument thatbthey dont like they suddenly want to stop debate and move on to something else.
Just more requests to "Just Believe us". (And yes I did use a 3 word slogan deliberate there).

Qanon followers I bet

You’ve told everyone what not to watch or read (I do none if the above except for a bit of YouTube) so what should we watch or read?
I’ve not seen anywhere on this thread where you have been challenged on your education?

If you are for diversity why no diversity on education? Who was the last Prime Minister not to go to university?
There are 650 MPs how many haven’t been to university?
How many tv presenters unless they are football pundits haven’t been to university?
How many senior civil servants haven’t been to university?

What about diversity of age? I’d love to know how people under the age of day 21 work for the bbc
What about diversity of geography? How many people from say the North East work for National tv?
What about diversity of religion?

I think we agree on lots of things but maybe we have taken a different route in compiling our opinions.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years90th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Are you implying you want somebody with no qualifications to be PM?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."

Itchy Arsenal wrote:
You’ve told everyone what not to watch or read (I do none if the above except for a bit of YouTube) so what should we watch or read?
I’ve not seen anywhere on this thread where you have been challenged on your education?

If you are for diversity why no diversity on education? Who was the last Prime Minister not to go to university?
How many tv presenters unless they are football pundits haven’t been to university?

What about diversity of age? I’d love to know how people under the age of day 21 work for the bbc
What about diversity of geography? How many people from say the North East work for National tv?

I think we agree on lots of things but maybe we have taken a different route in compiling our opinions.

There are so many straw men in that response the second little pig would be proud.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3092No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 years65th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Egg Chasing wrote:

It's the triumph of the anti-expert movement of the past few years.
Which has, of course, been pedalled in large part by a bunch of Oxbridge and public school educated folk for their own ends.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
There are so many straw men in that response the second little pig would be proud.

I genuinely don’t know what you mean by a straw man??
I’m aware of the term but I don’t know what it means.

What I am saying is why limit diversity?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Egg Chasing wrote:

He or she could have say a technical qualifications gained via workplace experience and night school studies
Historically there were many ex trade unionists with no qualifications who become MPs so why not now?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years186th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
It's the triumph of the anti-expert movement of the past few years.
Which has, of course, been pedalled in large part by a bunch of Oxbridge and public school educated folk for their own ends.

I’m not an anti expert
I tip my hat to plumbers, electricians, bricklayers et al as I would a doctor or a n architect
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7733
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years82nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:4119th Apr 24 11:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Itchy Arsenal wrote:

Nowhere have I "TOLD" people to not watch or read anything, I've been pointed to 2 different links by posters and took the time to read an watch them both.

I'm saying to the poster who reliably informs me that George Floyd died of heart failure and not at the hands of the policeman have a red of this.
A link to the scientific American, and an article where they were disgusted at the gas lighting of George Floyd's autopsy (where 2 autopsies were released).
The first one was critically assessed by the scientific American and it explains why, deflection techniques, etc to draw a smokescreen in front of what was the official reason.
I agree on one thing, time will tell

But the response I got from the poster was, "No, cant say i have, not interested"

So I'm supposed to stand by, read and accept what people like that are saying when they cant be bothered even reading a counter argument or other facts.

As for education, my point was that Ghost99 had been challenged on his education, and basically being told (and your backing it up somewhat with your post above) that anyone who has been to university has been subjected to the Subversion that Post brought to the table, and thus anyone who's been to university shouldnt be listened to because somehow theyre brainwashed/communist/marxists.

Maybe we should just qualify if that applies to all students of higher education, you know like the ones running the current government? The ones who want to keep higher education to themselves
You know, the ones who been employing their own subversion for the last decade under the disguise of Austerity/Brexit and convincing (brainwashing) Workington man that it's all Labours fault, or migrants fault, or anyone else who stands in their way of doing exactly what your accusing the left of doing (by way of the use of the words communist/marxist) which is they're conning the people into believing they're getting what they want, when in reality all they're doing is telling them what they want to hear whilst guess what, doing what's best for them (and I was going to add elite there, but for some strange reason the elite have convinced everyone that the elite arent the top 1%, but anyone who rises to a position above their station)
Now whether each individual believes either side of that argument is up to them, what I can tell you is I speak to enough people who tell me they arent interested in politics, yet want to pick up their knowledge from FB or Twitter etc andbwhen challenged on it dont want to get into a discussion about facts, because they cnat be bothered. I.e. anything more than 3 word slogans is too deep of a debate.

You then ask

"If you are for diversity why no diversity on education? Who was the last Prime Minister not to go to university?

What about diversity of religion?"

Where or when have I ever said there shouldnt be diversity in any of those areas?
Why are you putting thise words in my mouth?
But your inference here is that it is some kind of plot that all university students are trying to shape their will onto the world, well of course they are, just like the hundreds of thousands of other university graduates each year that you just seem to want ot ignore, you know, judges, lawyers, agricultural studies, dentists, doctors etc.
Are they all involved in some.kind of subversion plot? Or are they brainwashed as well?

As I've said before, thebpeole have voted for their government, for Brexit, they got their wish
I just am amazed that when it doesnt turn out like they were told it would they try and blame the other side and tell everyone it was their fault, and some fall for it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years279th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 06:4428th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
Of course I have no doubt you can produce a cogent and coherent argument why this obvious falsehood would be right. Just like you do for all your statements.

It's ok Ghost99, I don't blame you, you can't help thinking that because you have been subverted. Not believing things when there is clear hard evidence in front of you.

1 https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... JA20110228

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12796972

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-15397713

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/natio ... ll-haunts/

I don't know what you call it but I call it meddling that nearly 10 years later is no better off, the whole region is going down the swanny, if she'd have just left Libya alone, she might have got elected. But the instability in the region added with the withdrawal of US forces allowed ISIS to creep in and an massive influx in terrorism. Had she stayed out of Libya, the MEN arena bombing wouldn't have happened..
The Ghost of '99 wrote:

It's ok Ghost99, I don't blame you, you can't help thinking that because you have been subverted. Not believing things when there is clear hard evidence in front of you.

1 https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... JA20110228

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12796972

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-africa-15397713

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/natio ... ll-haunts/

I don't know what you call it but I call it meddling that nearly 10 years later is no better off, the whole region is going down the swanny, if she'd have just left Libya alone, she might have got elected. But the instability in the region added with the withdrawal of US forces allowed ISIS to creep in and an massive influx in terrorism. Had she stayed out of Libya, the MEN arena bombing wouldn't have happened..
PreviousNext