WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brian Carney, Sky, BLM, Racism, Marxism, Communism, Kneeling

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Brian Carney, Sky, BLM, Racism, Marxism, Communism, Kneeling

Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:09 pm  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:40 am
Posts: 732
Wigg'n wrote:
Any evidence for this or are you just going to echo just anything the orange moron says? As always this garbage has been debunked many times. You need to read some fact-checking.

African-American unemployment rate has been dropping since 2010/2011.
Poverty has been declining since 2013.
Etc.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/05/us/p ... check.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... e-lincoln/
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... omic-gains


Three newspapers
Three newspapers/newsagency which have always been a thorn in every Republican Presidents side.

A bit like the Daily Mirror and the Guardian here with a Conservative Prime Minister.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:10 pm  

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 327
post wrote:
To kneel means you are subservient, not equal.

Politics and sport shouldn't mix.

I will be boycotting the club from now on until either the club or players show some backbone and not kneel and just get on with playing rugby, or until every member of yesterdays squad that knelt leaves the club. I've got strong views on the subject but I'll refrain from saying them because this is a 'Rugby League' forum and politics and sport should not mix.


You won't be missed.

You expect players who want to kneel to not kneel because it doesn't match with your own personal political beliefs but similarly expect those who choose to not kneel to be above question. You are a complete hypocrite.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:20 pm  

User avatarFearTheVee wrote:
FearTheVee User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:57 pm
Posts: 10910
Location: Much too far South
Why do so many people miss the point that "taking a knee" is not the same as kneeling before someone?

I can only assume that it is deliberate.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:34 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:08 am
Posts: 6698
Ruddy Duck wrote:
Three newspapers
Three newspapers/newsagency which have always been a thorn in every Republican Presidents side.

A bit like the Daily Mirror and the Guardian here with a Conservative Prime Minister.


Fact checking is a 'thorn in the side'? :lol: Ok.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:41 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Watching Rugby League
Stop the world. I want to get off.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:46 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
secondstanza wrote:
You won't be missed.

You expect players who want to kneel to not kneel because it doesn't match with your own personal political beliefs but similarly expect those who choose to not kneel to be above question. You are a complete hypocrite.


Who are you to say who will and won't be missed?

Every fan who fails to turn up for a game will be missed, or fails to put money into the club is missed.

The club should have stayed out of identity politics. What next? A little bagde to be worn on the sleeve to say they voted remain, or voted Labour?
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:53 pm  
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:07 pm
Posts: 31443
post wrote:
Who are you to say who will and won't be missed?

Every fan who fails to turn up for a game will be missed, or fails to put money into the club is missed.

The club should have stayed out of identity politics.

So should the various countries sports bodies have "stayed out" of politics and let South Africa carry on with their racist policies?
Ask Billy Boston what he thought of what happened to him on the 1954 tour that was returning and playing an exhibition game in South Africa.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
Rogues Gallery wrote:
So should the various countries sports bodies have "stayed out" of politics and let South Africa carry on with their racist policies?
Ask Billy Boston what he thought of what happened to him on the 1954 tour that was returning and playing an exhibition game in South Africa.


Should the England football team Sieg Heiled before a game with Germany in the 1930s?

Did the teams playing sport against South Africa do a certain gesture to support the Apartheid movement or just play sport, or is that supporting it?
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:08 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 14106
FearTheVee wrote:
Why do so many people miss the point that "taking a knee" is not the same as kneeling before someone?

I can only assume that it is deliberate.

Of course it is. They don't like it because it's not about them, or people like them. That's not an acceptable problem to have with it though so they look for other issues.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
Grimmy wrote:
Of course it is. They don't like it because it's not about them, or people like them. That's not an acceptable problem to have with it though so they look for other issues.


I think people would be the same if there was a group promoting white power and pressuring sports team to support them or face their wrath.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CM Punk, Froggy, Grimmy, JIMMY MAGNETS, LondonRobster, nidger, Rogues Gallery, spartakmixtapes, The Whiffy Kipper, wooder88, WWste, x43sflyer and 135 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5211,05978,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts