WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brian Carney, Sky, BLM, Racism, Marxism, Communism, Kneeling

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Brian Carney, Sky, BLM, Racism, Marxism, Communism, Kneeling

Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Watching Rugby League
post wrote:
I think people would be the same if there was a group promoting white power and pressuring sports team to support them or face their wrath.


Who has pressured anyone into anything aside from possibly the media?
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:25 pm  

Angelus wrote:
Angelus Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 pm
Posts: 310
post wrote:
To kneel means you are subservient, not equal.

Politics and sport shouldn't mix.

I will be boycotting the club from now on until either the club or players show some backbone and not kneel and just get on with playing rugby, or until every member of yesterdays squad that knelt leaves the club. I've got strong views on the subject but I'll refrain from saying them because this is a 'Rugby League' forum and politics and sport should not mix.


*waves*

Offiah, and 3 young black players "this isn't about politics, this is about what we personally have endured"

Person on the Internet "well I obviously know better than the people living it, sports and politics shouldn't mix!"
Self-virtuous hypocrite
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:26 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Watching Rugby League
post wrote:
Did the teams playing sport against South Africa do a certain gesture to support the Apartheid movement or just play sport, or is that supporting it?


Well the cricket teams that played against them did it for financial gain at the cost of their actual International career so maybe they stood there and counted their cash?
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:28 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
Egg Chasing wrote:
Who has pressured anyone into anything aside from possibly the media?


Sky Sports seem to be pushing the agenda heavily so I'd hazard a guess at them.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:36 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
Angelus wrote:
*waves*

Offiah, and 3 young black players "this isn't about politics, this is about what we personally have endured"

Person on the Internet "well I obviously know better than the people living it, sports and politics shouldn't mix!"


The whole identity politics quagmire is one I don't fancy getting in to, because no matter what you say to challenge a certain view or point, there is a term used against you which shuts down the argument. From my view if some reasonable person starts asking questions with a genuine curiosity because they're labelled a gammon, or a Karen, or a moron.

Its such a divisive and sensitive issue that separates people and sets them to argue, and this is why politics and sport shouldn't mix.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:39 pm  

Angelus wrote:
Angelus Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 pm
Posts: 310
post wrote:
The whole identity politics quagmire is one I don't fancy getting in to, because no matter what you say to challenge a certain view or point, there is a term used against you which shuts down the argument. From my view if some reasonable person starts asking questions with a genuine curiosity because they're labelled a gammon, or a Karen, or a moron.

Its such a divisive and sensitive issue that separates people and sets them to argue, and this is why politics and sport shouldn't mix.


There is nothing political about taking a knee to highlight racism.
Self-virtuous hypocrite
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm  

Egg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm
Posts: 1623
Location: Watching Rugby League
post wrote:
Sky Sports seem to be pushing the agenda heavily so I'd hazard a guess at them.


Is that the same sky sports that are the......MEDIA?
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:49 pm  

Pie_Eyter wrote:
Pie_Eyter Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
Posts: 267
When sporting idols like Anthony Joshua make statements on a microphone in the street to thousands of protesters saying 'Hit them (white people) where it hurts, invest only in black business and boycott their (white people's) shops' then it becomes more about simply showing solidarity. It has gone way too far now and has massively split opinions, just read through the pages on this thread. I can't support a political movement that wants to actively abolish the police force. It's ridiculous.
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:59 pm  

Angelus wrote:
Angelus Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:10 pm
Posts: 310
Pie_Eyter wrote:
When sporting idols like Anthony Joshua make statements on a microphone in the street to thousands of protesters saying 'Hit them (white people) where it hurts, invest only in black business and boycott their (white people's) shops' then it becomes more about simply showing solidarity. It has gone way too far now and has massively split opinions, just read through the pages on this thread. I can't support a political movement that wants to actively abolish the police force. It's ridiculous.


Abolishing the police is nuts. Reforming it isn't. I dont support the political movement either. Its obviously been corrupted and seized upon by people who aren't looking for equality. But I do support a players right to take a knee before a game. Especially when those players have openly said its not about politics, its about what they and their teammates have personally endured. Sky politicise it and call it a movement. The players themselves just want to say enough is enough
Self-virtuous hypocrite
Re: Brian Carney and Sky Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:27 pm  

User avatarpost wrote:
post User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 4941
Angelus wrote:
Abolishing the police is nuts. Reforming it isn't. I dont support the political movement either. Its obviously been corrupted and seized upon by people who aren't looking for equality. But I do support a players right to take a knee before a game. Especially when those players have openly said its not about politics, its about what they and their teammates have personally endured. Sky politicise it and call it a movement. The players themselves just want to say enough is enough


Why should Wigan RFLC players do a gesture on the pitch before a game to signify their support of a movement that says that our Police Force (Not service, which is the best in the World) is institutionally racist and seeks to defund it? How about the players do whatever political stance in their own time and leave it out of sport.
Future Wigan/Youngish player Wishlist - Jack Walker, Nick Cotric, Kotoni Staggs, Cade Cust, Jayden Brailey, Jarrod Wallace, Jack Williams,, Cameron Murray, Christian Welch, Danny Walker.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CM Punk, Froggy, Grimmy, KingRoss11, LondonRobster, nidger, Rogues Gallery, spartakmixtapes, wooder88, WWste, x43sflyer and 130 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,083,5211,05978,2724,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts