WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 6 FC players test positive for COVID

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors 6 FC players test positive for COVID

Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:27 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

As someone who is an amateur coach and having had to jump through so many hoops to get my lads back training (with great success I may add!), I’m actually hoping this could turn out to be a positive for the game in the current climate.

It obviously not ideal in the short term however looking at the bigger picture if at the end of their quarantine period all the Salford lads return negative results then it highlights that actually playing the game is low risk in relation to transmitting the virus.

I’ve a suspicion as to why the Hull Club are keeping things under wraps on who has tested positive as i think it may be a group of lads and their families that are naturally drawn to each other off the pitch. Just a suspicion though nothing I’ve heard.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:22 am  

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

All the Premiership and Championship clubs played all their home games on their own grounds without any problems.

Our game is only playing fixtures on just three grounds with more than two teams using the same dressing rooms and already we are having problems.

Why are we not playing games like football?

Because Sky Sports do not want to move their equipment from ground to ground and double headers suit their own agenda where costs are incurred.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:32 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

hengirl wrote:
At this point who's to say the World Cup will even be played?

Its not to far a stretch that crowds might not be allowed back Inso they going to run it behind closed doors?

Like I say these are uncharted times and to dig your heels and block off a period of time with no plan b is utter madness.

There's more chance of having crowds at the world cup than there is in mid-December as you're proposing. I think realistically plan B is fixture re-scheduling as we saw this weekend, plan C midweek fixtures if we have a backlog, plan D probably cancelling the Challenge Cup to free up some weekends, and plan E would be finishing this season early. I agree with that approach rather than prolonging the season further than we already have, and causing impacts onto next season by doing so. If we have to postpone so many games that we needed to go into mid December then I'd also argue it's not safe to carry on.

This season is a mess but right now I'd say there's some hope we can have a normal 21' fixture list. We definitely won't have that if the '20 season runs into mid December. Not to mention the fact you then start getting into frozen pitch issues.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:08 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

post wrote:
Why aren't the players living in a hotel somewhere isolated from the general public in a bio secure bubble?

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hu ... el-4416163

There’s no room at the inn Post
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 pm  

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It's not 6 players and staff anymore t's bloody 12,what the hell is going on in Hull
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:05 pm  

Wigg'n wrote:
Wigg'n Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

warrior1872 wrote:
It's not 6 players and staff anymore t's bloody 12,what the hell is going on in Hull

That was obviously going to happen once a few of them had it, especially the physio. Hope they all make a quick recovery, if any have symptoms.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:22 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Wonder what it’ll mean for Hull going forward? If they keep testing these guys and it keeps saying they have it, how are they going to get any games in? I recall a Juventus footballer testing positive for it time and again over about 6-8 weeks.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:37 pm  
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
Wonder what it’ll mean for Hull going forward? If they keep testing these guys and it keeps saying they have it, how are they going to get any games in? I recall a Juventus footballer testing positive for it time and again over about 6-8 weeks.

God only knows Nicky, Kingston upon Hull was doing relatively well especially in Northern England regarding the figures against this virus.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:18 pm  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
God only knows Nicky, Kingston upon Hull was doing relatively well especially in Northern England regarding the figures against this virus.

Worrying stuff. The game may have to come up with something to help the situation. There’s obviously a lot of Toronto players with time on their hands but Hull aren’t going to want to pay them just as a token gesture of fulfilling fixtures. Hopefully it gets no worse and I guess that leaves around 20 players Covid free, with the 9 players to drip back in as and when. I know we have a really deep squad and it would be in our interest to offer the loan of a few players as and when Hull are back playing to tide them over, even if we continue to pay them. It’s better than teams needing to pull out and then all teams lose money on the tv deal.
Re: 6 FC players test positive for COVID Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:10 pm  

User avatarMadDogg wrote:
MadDogg User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

NickyKiss wrote:
Worrying stuff. The game may have to come up with something to help the situation. There’s obviously a lot of Toronto players with time on their hands but Hull aren’t going to want to pay them just as a token gesture of fulfilling fixtures. Hopefully it gets no worse and I guess that leaves around 20 players Covid free, with the 9 players to drip back in as and when. I know we have a really deep squad and it would be in our interest to offer the loan of a few players as and when Hull are back playing to tide them over, even if we continue to pay them. It’s better than teams needing to pull out and then all teams lose money on the tv deal.

Saving grace is they've played more games than anyone in the league.
Previous