WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Is Friday Night effectively the Grand Final?

Board index Super League Wigan Warriors Is Friday Night effectively the Grand Final?

afootingmiracle21-12 Stevo's Armpit

In the last 24 hours we've had;
- Castleford with 12 players with Covid
- Salford unable to fulfil a fixture
- Full lockdowns in France and Germany announced
- Government ministers admitting full UK lockdown in November is inevitable to avoid the NHS becoming overwhelmed.

All this talk about a 4 / 5 / 6 team play off, but realistically how much longer does this season have left to run?

I doubt very much we are going to get to the 27th November, and probably likely we will need to shut down before then. Covid rates in RL playing areas now 1/100 - and RL players not the best at following the rules, with much higher % above Joe Public.

Realistically, i could see the season finish in a couple of weeks and be decided on a points per game basis...in which case, Friday night effectively becomes the Grand Final!!

Feels like the biggest Saints v Wigan game in a long time.....lets pray for a dry night and get the lads up for this one, it feels like it could decide the season!!!

warrior1872 wrote:
warrior1872 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

afootingmiracle21-12 wrote:
In the last 24 hours we've had;
- Castleford with 12 players with Covid
- Salford unable to fulfil a fixture
- Full lockdowns in France and Germany announced
- Government ministers admitting full UK lockdown in November is inevitable to avoid the NHS becoming overwhelmed.

All this talk about a 4 / 5 / 6 team play off, but realistically how much longer does this season have left to run?

I doubt very much we are going to get to the 27th November, and probably likely we will need to shut down before then. Covid rates in RL playing areas now 1/100 - and RL players not the best at following the rules, with much higher % above Joe Public.

Realistically, i could see the season finish in a couple of weeks and be decided on a points per game basis...in which case, Friday night effectively becomes the Grand Final!!

Feels like the biggest Saints v Wigan game in a long time.....lets pray for a dry night and get the lads up for this one, it feels like it could decide the season!!!

No fans at the Italian grand prix this weekend either

User avatarEgg Chasing wrote:
Egg Chasing User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

warrior1872 wrote:
No fans at the Italian grand prix this weekend either

Is that not just because F1 is terrible?

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

I think if Wigan win on Friday we should win the LLS as we play Huddersfield,Leeds and Hull so should win those

warrior1872 wrote:
Cheeky half-back

Egg Chasing wrote:
Is that not just because F1 is terrible?

No it's because of a thing called Coronavirus

Azul wrote:
Azul Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

warrior1872 wrote:
No it's because of a thing called Coronavirus

To be fair, F1 is crap though. If they gave me free tickets at present I don’t think I’d bother (of covid 19 disappeared of course) until it’s at least competitive.
I’d even say the product we have in RL is more interesting than F1 and that’s saying something in recent years

Ruddy Duck wrote:
Ruddy Duck Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Azul wrote:
To be fair, F1 is crap though. If they gave me free tickets at present I don’t think I’d bother (of covid 19 disappeared of course) until it’s at least competitive.
I’d even say the product we have in RL is more interesting than F1 and that’s saying something in recent years

Vastly overrated with to too many events and on television, about as exciting as watching snow melt!
Rogues Gallery User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

F1, Scalextric with a crowd, and now not even that.
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Cherry toffee Stevo's Armpit

You may as well stand on a motorway bridge and watch at least you see some overtaking

secondstanza wrote:
secondstanza Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Azul wrote:

When was it last competetive, out of curiosity?

Cherry toffee wrote:
You may as well stand on a motorway bridge and watch at least you see some overtaking

Ironically, after the Portuguese GP people were complaining that overtaking was too easy...

Kimi made 10 places on the opening lap and was then overtaken several times to dump him out the points. The lead changed hands several times in the first quarter of the race.
Next