FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 1996 Season!
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7731
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 06:0015th Apr 24 11:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: 1996 Season! : Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:20 pm  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
The stadium at St Helens may not be profitable as unlike other new stadiums at Huddersfield, Hull, Salford etc, it does not have another Rugby or Football club playing there.

Just go and have look and let me know how much those stadiums are making
Never mind in the current climate
Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:18 am  
Jukesays wrote:
No they havent :FRUSRATED:
They have NOT bought the club

They have not bought the club yet as you say, but it is only because the EFL will not sanction the sale because of a issue they have with what and who Spanish people are involved in the purchase.

The statement by former manager Roberto Martinez made around the same time as the EFL announcement that he was not involved in the purchase may have some to do with the timing of the investigation.

As for the DW Stadium having always been run by a Stadium management company, this is not quite correct as in 2014, Whelco Holdings which had ran the stadium as a separate entity from the time it was built was going into liquidation, so Whelan transferred the stadium part of the Whelco Holdings company to Wigan Athletic, who then managed the stadium until the club went into administration.

The administrator was then only prepare to sell both Wigan Athletic and the DW Stadium together as a job lot in the same way as when Whelan sold both the club and stadium to the Hong Kong people.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:
They have not bought the club yet as you say, but it is only because the EFL will not sanction the sale because of a issue they have with what and who Spanish people are involved in the purchase.

The statement by former manager Roberto Martinez made around the same time as the EFL announcement that he was not involved in the purchase may have some to do with the timing of the investigation.

As for the DW Stadium having always been run by a Stadium management company, this is not quite correct as in 2014, Whelco Holdings which had ran the stadium as a separate entity from the time it was built was going into liquidation, so Whelan transferred the stadium part of the Whelco Holdings company to Wigan Athletic, who then managed the stadium until the club went into administration.

The administrator was then only prepare to sell both Wigan Athletic and the DW Stadium together as a job lot in the same way as when Whelan sold both the club and stadium to the Hong Kong people.

How many times can one person post the same incorrect bullshit when the facts have been lined up for them?

I probably shouldn't waste my time, but congratulations I've bit.

You seem to enjoy companies house so here you are:

Stadium company: https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/07283993

(Note the name change to IEC Wigan Athletic Holdings as proof the Chinese didn't combine the two)

Football club: https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/00270043

When the admins took over you will have seen they produced a list of the debts owed by the FOOTBALL CLUB and there was a substantial fee to the STADIUM COMPANY.

Now that was probably written off or moved around in circles between bank accounts, but for all legal purposes Wigan Athletic Football Club pay rent to another company to play at the stadium.

As has been stressed multiple times, just because the same people own company A and company B does not mean that they are one and the same on the same way Wigan Rugby don't own any of IFL' s other businesses.

Now very kindly do-one.com
Ruddy Duck wrote:

How many times can one person post the same incorrect bullshit when the facts have been lined up for them?

(Note the name change to IEC Wigan Athletic Holdings as proof the Chinese didn't combine the two)

When the admins took over you will have seen they produced a list of the debts owed by the FOOTBALL CLUB and there was a substantial fee to the STADIUM COMPANY.

Now that was probably written off or moved around in circles between bank accounts, but for all legal purposes Wigan Athletic Football Club pay rent to another company to play at the stadium.

As has been stressed multiple times, just because the same people own company A and company B does not mean that they are one and the same on the same way Wigan Rugby don't own any of IFL' s other businesses.

Ruddy Duck 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member
JoinedServiceReputation
22 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Jan 70 00:0020th Jun 22 17:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am  
Egg Chasing wrote:

Now that was probably written off or moved around in circles between bank accounts, but for all legal purposes Wigan Athletic Football Club pay rent to another company to play at the stadi

No need to be nasty just because anyone disagrees with your opinions!
Egg Chasing wrote:

Now that was probably written off or moved around in circles between bank accounts, but for all legal purposes Wigan Athletic Football Club pay rent to another company to play at the stadi

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32309
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200221 years162nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 11:294th Apr 24 15:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:44 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:

It's not that they just disagree it's because you are factually incorrect.
You need to start receiving instead of transmitting!!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7438No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 14 200519 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Feb 24 13:2825th Feb 24 13:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:45 am  
Ruddy Duck wrote:

Facts aren’t opinions. They’re facts. You can’t ‘opinionise’ the truth, despite what some prominent leaders may try to do.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years109th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 14:1116th Apr 24 13:09LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:35 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
Just go and have look and let me know how much those stadiums are making
Never mind in the current climate

With regards Hull, the KC Stadium has never made any money.

The stadium was built by the Council for £43m and a SMC set up, with Hull FC and Hull City being the two tenants. (Hull KR were invited to move in too when it was built, but wanted to stay in East Hull).

Hull and Hull City pay rent to the SMC who are responsible for maintaining the stadium.

The SMC is now owned by the Allams, Hull City’s owners. As far as I’m aware the SMC has only once made a negligible profit which the Council were entitled to share.

The view in Hull is that the SMC is deliberately run at a loss to offset against Allams other businesses. They had originally wanted to buy the stadium off the Council (for free!!) and develop the land around the ground. Coupled with not being able to change Hull City’s name to Hull Tigers, they have drained Hull City of all its assets and Premier league money and not invested further in the stadium and they put Hull City up for sale. They also treat Hull FC with disdain and started charging them £500 a year to hang a picture of Johnny Whiteley in the corridors of the stadium.

So in summary, the KCOM stadium does not make any money.
RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20 201311 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th Sep 23 17:4931st Aug 23 13:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 1996 Season! : Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 pm  
Rugby Raider wrote:
With regards Hull, the KC Stadium has never made any money.

The stadium was built by the Council for £43m and a SMC set up, with Hull FC and Hull City being the two tenants. (Hull KR were invited to move in too when it was built, but wanted to stay in East Hull).

Hull and Hull City pay rent to the SMC who are responsible for maintaining the stadium.

The SMC is now owned by the Allams, Hull City’s owners. As far as I’m aware the SMC has only once made a negligible profit which the Council were entitled to share.

The view in Hull is that the SMC is deliberately run at a loss to offset against Allams other businesses. They had originally wanted to buy the stadium off the Council (for free!!) and develop the land around the ground. Coupled with not being able to change Hull City’s name to Hull Tigers, they have drained Hull City of all its assets and Premier league money and not invested further in the stadium and they put Hull City up for sale. They also treat Hull FC with disdain and started charging them £500 a year to hang a picture of Johnny Whiteley in the corridors of the stadium.

So in summary, the KCOM stadium does not make any money.

Rubbish. Ruddy Duck says they're rolling in it.
Previous