RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - George Williams
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:45 pm  
Brick with eyes User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Manchester
sergeant pepper wrote:
Maybe not heard was the wrong phrase, maybe unable to see a different opinion & being too defensive, or at least that's certainly the case on here. Yesterday is a good example, i spoke about different players who chose loyalty over cash. Cam Smith retiring instead of playing on somewhere else, Bellamy reportedly sticking with the Storm instead of moving home to the broncos (for more cash too). SOL sticking with Wigan and going into the HOF etc. You listen to some posters on here and it's like that doesn't happen and we're just blinkered fans who aren't in the real world. .



What Williams should consider is that had he picked up a bad injury in Australia Wigan would probably have stood by a returning son and resigned him, when others probably wouldn’t have taken the risk . Loyalty is shown in so many different ways . Just a thought
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6908
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
sergeant pepper wrote:
Maybe not heard was the wrong phrase, maybe unable to see a different opinion & being too defensive, or at least that's certainly the case on here. Yesterday is a good example, i spoke about different players who chose loyalty over cash. Cam Smith retiring instead of playing on somewhere else, Bellamy reportedly sticking with the Storm instead of moving home to the broncos (for more cash too). SOL sticking with Wigan and going into the HOF etc. You listen to some posters on here and it's like that doesn't happen and we're just blinkered fans who aren't in the real world.

I agree the stadium won't happen. That's fine, I'm talking more about the simple "stadiums don't work, look at Saints" approach and an inability to be challenged when people say they do. Maybe it's me who just wants to chew the fat on it and others can't be ar$ÂŁed.

Talking about "on the pitch", we've undoubtedly played the game better than most - especially when Wane was here. You said earlier about "short changing" the Wigan public and I wouldn't go as far as saying that's what I meant, but it is right to a certain degree.

Funnily you should mention being entertained. I've said a million times that it's dangerous ground for coaches to go into. Entertainment is subjective and like you, I prefer the hard stuff to the flashy stuff. What coaches can and should do imo is be consistent. That's what Madge did and that's what kept me coming back. No Jekyll and Hyde type stuff, just 100% every week.

A new coach is needed (even though some still think he's the dogs b's). Madge and Holbrook are the examples of not needing a squad refit if the coach is right.


Obviously a lot to go through in both of our responses/posts
But on the being challenged bit, and this is were forums and to an even greater extent twitter and FB don't work

I'm old school, put me in a pub with a pint and we can talk for hours, and I find that most peoples opinions aren't a million miles away from each other.

Put it into this world and most people, and its certainly true of the younger generation (and by the way the younger generation get a raw deal on a lot of things imo so I'm not picking on them or giving it a "back in my day") want to discuss things in soundbites, gifs, 3 word slogans, put downs or can't be arsed explaining what they fully mean.

The response to you saying GW should think about his legacy is a fair point
But the people who have the opposite view are making the same mistake

Its your opinion, its their opinion

And all that matters is GWs and his families opinion

Roby or Lockers not going to NRL isnt a right or wrong decision from our perspective, its only right our wrong from their perspective.
I had long chats with Budgies family before he want to the roosters, they both asked me why I hadn't been mithering them asking what I thought, and it was simple, it doesn't matter what I think, it only matters what he/they think and what their goals/aspirations and life choices are.

Every single person will have their own thoughts on what is important to them and their families at any point in time.

People are too quick to make judgements on things like that basednon their own perspectives.

As soon as you go into lengthy replies (which i am well know for) people get bored and don't want to know, debating through written words is difficult, hence why I'd rather go for a pint and chat.

But both sides have to remember that written responses tend to be back and white were your real feelings are more nuanced.
Last edited by Jukesays on Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:03 pm  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15176
Brick with eyes wrote:
What Williams should consider is that had he picked up a bad injury in Australia Wigan would probably have stood by a returning son and resigned him, when others probably wouldn’t have taken the risk . Loyalty is shown in so many different ways . Just a thought

Would we hell. (Unless we got the same person to do the medical who did George Burgess's)
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:57 pm  

Fannybiggins wrote:
Fannybiggins Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Mon May 03, 2021 1:55 am
Posts: 6
My thoughts are if the new coach ie Powell would be better to work with than Mr lam.........I honestly don't really rate either as a coach. They've both had chances, but I don't think either are that great....... They've both lost grand finals but then the following year the teams have looked lost. I include Wigan of course. I didn't care about the record of not losing. Wigan looked really really poor and then the truth came out in Catalan. I don't feel either coach could really improve on George so it's got to come down to money. Honestly if it's me I'm taking the big money from who ever is paying because I'm not going to be improved by either coach......... If it was about coaches then I would go with Lam as I feel he was a great player in the same position and I feel I would learn a lot from him........ Rugby in this country is not that entertaining anymore though and I feel rugby Union is teaching us a lesson at the moment, all learned from rugby League legends of how the game should be played. Wigan have lost all our home grown talent to Union and everybody else. Wigan is the compost of rugby greatness but why doesn't anybody want to grow here?
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:17 pm  
Brick with eyes User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 398
Location: Manchester
Grimmy wrote:
Would we hell. (Unless we got the same person to do the medical who did George Burgess's)


We have history Grimmy

Mossop
Tomkins
Burgess
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:28 pm  

User avatarJukesays wrote:
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 6908
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Brick with eyes wrote:
We have history Grimmy

Mossop
Tomkins
Burgess


2 of them weren't injured when they came back?
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: George Williams Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:02 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 2391
Location: In the sky with diamonds
Jukesays wrote:
Obviously a lot to go through in both of our responses/posts
But on the being challenged bit, and this is were forums and to an even greater extent twitter and FB don't work

I'm old school, put me in a pub with a pint and we can talk for hours, and I find that most peoples opinions aren't a million miles away from each other.

Put it into this world and most people, and its certainly true of the younger generation (and by the way the younger generation get a raw deal on a lot of things imo so I'm not picking on them or giving it a "back in my day") want to discuss things in soundbites, gifs, 3 word slogans, put downs or can't be arsed explaining what they fully mean.

The response to you saying GW should think about his legacy is a fair point
But the people who have the opposite view are making the same mistake

Its your opinion, its their opinion

And all that matters is GWs and his families opinion

Roby or Lockers not going to NRL isnt a right or wrong decision from our perspective, its only right our wrong from their perspective.
I had long chats with Budgies family before he want to the roosters, they both asked me why I hadn't been mithering them asking what I thought, and it was simple, it doesn't matter what I think, it only matters what he/they think and what their goals/aspirations and life choices are.

Every single person will have their own thoughts on what is important to them and their families at any point in time.

People are too quick to make judgements on things like that basednon their own perspectives.

As soon as you go into lengthy replies (which i am well know for) people get bored and don't want to know, debating through written words is difficult, hence why I'd rather go for a pint and chat.

But both sides have to remember that written responses tend to be back and white were your real feelings are more nuanced.


Oh without a shadow of a doubt, it's opinions and ultimately all that counts is what GW thinks.

Also agree that when you break down an argument, people's views are aren't too dissimilar. I always try to think that we're all fans and ultimately want the best for the club, we just disagree slightly on how to get that.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: George Williams Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:36 pm  

apollosghost wrote:
apollosghost Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:45 pm
Posts: 1720
Location: Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls
Wire saying Widdop's going nowhere, the plot thickens :THINK:
Re: George Williams Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 pm  

User avatardany1979 wrote:
dany1979 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:59 am
Posts: 8498
apollosghost wrote:
Wire saying Widdop's going nowhere, the plot thickens :THINK:



This season.
Re: George Williams Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:47 pm  

User avatarjonh wrote:
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 18123
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
apollosghost wrote:
Wire saying Widdop's going nowhere, the plot thickens :THINK:


Austin to Leeds was been going on in the background. Assumed it was for next year but looks like it will be this year now.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FIOS, LewCharnock, MorePlaymakersNeeded, moto748, NickyKiss, Phuzzy, Saddened!, Stanfax and 224 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,186,2321,37478,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Sat 31st Jul
L1
LIVE
LondonS8-12Coventry
Fri 30th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Wests16-18NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Brisbane37-18NQL Cowboys
Thu 29th Jul
NRL RND: 20 Sydney28-0Parramatta
SLRND: 16 Catalans40-20Wakefield
SL RND: 16 Hull FC12-22Leeds
Wed 28th Jul
SL RND: 16 Warrington21-8Wigan
Sun 25th Jul
CH RND: 14 Sheffield28-40Halifax
CH RND: 14 Batley42-12Newcastle
CH RND: 14 Bradford30-36Featherstone
CH RND: 14 Whitehaven28-24Oldham
CH RND: 14 York46-10Swinton
L1 RND: 11 Barrow40-12Coventry
L1 RND: 11 Hunslet20-20Keighley
NRL RND: 19 St.George10-32Gold Coast
NRL RND: 19 Canterbury24-44Cronulla
Sat 24th Jul
NRL RND: 19 Souths60-22NZ Warriors
NRL RND: 19 Manly44-24Wests
NRL RND: 19 Penrith18-12Brisbane
L1 RND: 12 LondonS46-30West Wales
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 18
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 17 632 198 434 30
Penrith 17 493 179 314 30
Souths 17 503 346 157 28
Parramatta 17 474 255 219 26
Sydney 17 453 335 118 22
Manly 17 485 354 131 20
St.George 17 358 382 -24 16
Cronulla 17 326 394 -68 14
 
Canberra 17 347 421 -74 14
Newcastle 17 283 420 -137 14
Gold Coast 17 394 468 -74 12
Wests 17 372 502 -130 12
NQL Cowboys 17 324 527 -203 12
NZ Warriors 17 333 426 -93 10
Brisbane 17 282 542 -260 8
Canterbury 17 212 522 -310 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 15 459 246 213 28 186.59 93.33
St.Helens 12 286 96 190 20 297.92 83.33
Warrington 14 429 221 208 21 194.12 75
Wigan 16 255 289 -34 20 88.24 62.50
Hull FC 13 298 237 61 15 125.74 57.69
Hull KR 11 271 244 27 12 111.07 54.55
 
Leeds 15 354 263 91 16 134.60 53.33
Castleford 14 251 354 -103 12 70.90 42.86
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Huddersfield 15 244 318 -74 8 76.73 26.67
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 13 212 508 -296 0 41.73 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 14
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 9 433 88 345 18 492.05 100
Featherstone 13 573 166 407 26 345.18 100
Halifax 14 398 199 199 20 200 71.43
Bradford 13 354 315 39 18 112.38 69.23
LondonB 13 374 337 37 17 110.98 65.38
Batley 14 370 286 84 18 129.37 64.29
 
Widnes 13 307 344 -37 11 89.24 42.31
Newcastle 13 284 400 -116 11 71 42.31
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Whitehaven 14 277 396 -119 11 69.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 13 197 379 -182 9 51.98 34.62
Oldham 13 190 470 -280 4 40.43 15.38
Swinton 14 234 529 -295 0 44.23 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 10
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 10 342 150 192 17 228 85
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 9 308 189 119 14 162.96 77.78
Keighley 10 348 239 109 10 145.61 50
Rochdale 10 279 280 -1 10 99.64 50
Crusaders 10 278 318 -40 10 87.42 50
 
Coventry 8 204 240 -36 8 85 50
Hunslet 10 268 257 11 8 104.28 40
LondonS 8 154 292 -138 2 52.74 12.50
West Wales 10 122 514 -392 0 23.74 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X