RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
22 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Raising a team for Wakefield
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:37 pm  
REDWHITEANDBLUE User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jan 04, 2003 8:31 pm
Posts: 4070
NickyKiss wrote:
Crisis talks underway apparently between the RFL and the clubs. Some clubs are refusing to release players for the All stars team. It’s just incompetence at it’s finest the fact this game was planned on the same weekend as club games but who is to blame? The clubs didn’t want to cut the number of fixtures back, so tough to throw the flak all at the RFL.


Yep its another joke and I get why some club are against it with P+R during a pandemic
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:49 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
Wakefield trinity players injured or unavailable

Injured

Wood
Tupou
Hampshire
Croft
Walker
Eseh

Unavailable

Westerman
Lyne

I’m guessing Tanginoa and Fifita will be called up to all stars too.

Potentially 11 out for Wakefield.

If your counting players on season long loans too then add

Greensmith
Bailey

So potentially 13 players unavailable for Wakefield from the first team squad.

We can still field a team I think though may have a few fringe and young lads playing.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:31 am  

muttywhitedog Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 514
Its times like this that a we could do with a convenient positive covid case being detected - rather like at Leeds when they were due to play the current champions followed by the current league leaders....
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:53 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2522
Trojan Horse wrote:
Wakefield trinity players injured or unavailable

Injured

Wood
Tupou
Hampshire
Croft
Walker
Eseh

Unavailable

Westerman
Lyne

I’m guessing Tanginoa and Fifita will be called up to all stars too.

Potentially 11 out for Wakefield.

If your counting players on season long loans too then add

Greensmith
Bailey

So potentially 13 players unavailable for Wakefield from the first team squad.

We can still field a team I think though may have a few fringe and young lads playing.


Our under 19s played a close game last week, with Wakey getting a late winner. Let’s just agree to play our under 19s and see what happens :IDEA:
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:13 am  

User avatarNSW wrote:
NSW User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Posts: 2522
Squad is

2. Dom Manfredi
4. Oliver Gildart
5. Liam Marshall
7. Tommy Leuluai
9. Sam Powell
10. Joe Bullock
11. Willie Isa
14. Oliver Partington
15. Morgan Smithies
19. Liam Byrne
20. Harry Smith
21. Ethan Havard
22. Jake Bibby
25. Joe Shorrocks
27. Kai Pearce-Paul
29. James McDonnell
30. Umyla Hanley
34. Brad O’Neill

Lam has basically ruled Dom out, no sign of Clark or Hank

Hanley
Bibby
Isa
Gildart
Marshall
Smith
Tommy
Havard
Powell
Bullock
KPP
Smithies
Partington

Byrne
Shorrocks
McDonnell
O’Neill
RICHARDS IS SUPERMAN!!!!

Wire_91 wrote:its your first final in about 8 years and now you ravin and rantin about it F**k off, and ill be going old trafford tomoz cheering on the saints and ill be writing on this forum givin you loads of shi* when your drying you eyes and the wire fan will be here handing out the tissues in the thousands, thats if you do take that many fans cause now it looks like its your fans who have jumped on the band wagon now your in a final, this time last year there was only 1000 people in the jjb and now its fillin up cause youve won the league hahaha proper true supporters you are
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:18 am  

User avatarNickyKiss wrote:
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 25695
Location: WIGAN
O’Neil brought back from Widnes but no Clark/Hankinson. Manfredi is named surprisingly but I guess he’d be 18th man. I’m really looking forward to seeing Brad O’Neil get some time. He’s been earning rave reviews at Widnes.
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:59 am  

Grimmy wrote:
Grimmy Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 15192
Assuming Manfredi is unavailable:

FB 30 Hanley
RW 22 Bibby
RW 27 Pearce-Paul
LC 4 Gildart
LW 5 Marshall
SO 20 Smith
SH 7 Leuluai
P 21 Havard
H 9 Powell
P 10 Bullock
SR 11 Isa
SR 15 Smithies
LF 14 Partington

S 19 Byrne
S 25 Shorrocks
S 29 McDonnell
S 34 O'Neill

I've not seen the Hull KR match yet, so may have a different view after watching that. I gather Pearce-Paul played well so better to have him out there for the full 80 at centre than giving him a cameo off the bench in the pack. His offloads could free up Bibby to resume the regular try scoring we saw from him at the start of the year.
Frank Zappa wrote:
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

The_Enforcer wrote:
Most idiotic post ever goes to Grimmy..... The way to restart should be an arm wrestle between a designated player from each side.
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:04 pm  

Trojan Horse wrote:
Trojan Horse Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:56 pm
Posts: 3473
NSW wrote:
Trojan Horse wrote:
Wakefield trinity players injured or unavailable

Injured

Wood
Tupou
Hampshire
Croft
Walker
Eseh

Unavailable

Westerman
Lyne

I’m guessing Tanginoa and Fifita will be called up to all stars too.

Potentially 11 out for Wakefield.

If your counting players on season long loans too then add

Greensmith
Bailey

So potentially 13 players unavailable for Wakefield from the first team squad.

We can still field a team I think though may have a few fringe and young lads playing.


Our under 19s played a close game last week, with Wakey getting a late winner. Let’s just agree to play our under 19s and see what happens :IDEA:


I wouldn’t complain! I’ve been watching a few U19s for trinity this year. Think they’re unbeaten and there’s some real quality lads in our set up I’d like to see more of.

Looking at both teams the match could go either way, will be tough to predict.

Hoping for a good exciting game. I was at our derby game vs Cas last week and it’s the first time I actually found our derby a boring drab affair! Probably due to back to back short turnarounds.
Top six 2005 - Trinity.
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:18 pm  
sergeant pepper User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:01 pm
Posts: 2399
Location: In the sky with diamonds
I'm not sure what the logic was in sending Clarke out on loan when we did?

It wouldn't take much foresight to see this week coming up and the disruption it will cause. Granted the Singleton ban was something you can predict, but surely you don't leave yourself this open by sending 'the most devastating prop in the league' out on loan and thus having no backup.

I'm getting a little bit worried about the direction the club is heading in tbh. Whilst I don't want to blow little things like this out of proportion, they do tend to stack up.
20 LEAGUE TITLES
19 CHALLENGE CUPS
3 WORLD TITLES
SAYS IT ALL REALLY
Re: Raising a team for Wakefield Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:10 pm  
Brick with eyes User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 pm
Posts: 400
Location: Manchester
I’ve just heard that Leeds have put their game with Salford back to Sunday to allow players to play Friday and Sunday ?? Sounds bonkers to me
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 100% Warrior, bazdev, Bigredwarrior, Chris_H, CM Punk, Cruncher, DannyT, exiled Warrior, Fannybiggins, FIOS, glee, Grimmy, hatty, Itchy Arsenal, jaws1, jonh, Lazy J, LewCharnock, lothlorian, Magic Superbeetle, MattyB, moto748, NickyKiss, NSW, proper-shaped-balls, ralvag, sergeant pepper, Stanfax, Trainman, Whitworth, William Melvin Hicks and 299 guests

Quick Reply



Subject:
Message:

   
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.

Return to Wigan Warriors


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDTEAM
5,187,4272,21778,6789,567LOGIN
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
RLFANS Match Centre
Mon 2nd Aug
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury6-34Gold Coast
NRL
LIVE
Cronulla22-40Manly
SL
LIVE
Castleford16-34Huddersfield
SL
LIVE
Hull FC10-42St.Helens
SL
LIVE
Hull KR16-23Catalans
Sun 1st Aug
NRL RND: 20 St.George14-50Souths
NRL RND: 20 Newcastle34-24Canberra
NRL RND: 20 Melbourne37-10Penrith
CH RND: 15 Dewsbury18-22Swinton
CH RND: 15 Featherstone6-23Toulouse
CH RND: 15 Halifax24-21Bradford
CH RND: 15 Newcastle14-20Whitehaven
CH RND: 15 Oldham20-30LondonB
CH RND: 15 Widnes16-34Batley
L1 RND: 12 Doncaster24-46Hunslet
L1 RND: 12 Crusaders72-4West Wales
L1 RND: 12 Rochdale20-42Keighley
SL RND: 17 Wigan50-6Leigh
SL RND: 17 Leeds26-27Warrington
Sat 31st Jul
L1 RND: 12 LondonS12-14Coventry
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
National Rugby League 2021 ROUND : 20
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Melbourne 19 689 224 465 34
Penrith 19 521 228 293 32
Souths 19 613 382 231 32
Parramatta 19 484 295 189 26
Sydney 19 509 343 166 26
Manly 19 569 400 169 24
Gold Coast 19 460 484 -24 16
Cronulla 19 392 458 -66 16
 
Canberra 19 383 465 -82 16
St.George 19 382 464 -82 16
Newcastle 19 325 472 -147 16
NZ Warriors 19 373 502 -129 12
Wests 19 412 564 -152 12
NQL Cowboys 19 358 584 -226 12
Brisbane 19 331 578 -247 10
Canterbury 19 242 600 -358 4
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Super League XXVI ROUND : 17
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Catalans 16 482 262 220 30 183.97 93.75
St.Helens 13 328 106 222 22 309.43 84.62
Warrington 15 456 247 209 23 184.62 76.67
Wigan 17 305 295 10 22 103.39 64.71
Hull FC 14 308 279 29 15 110.39 53.57
Leeds 16 380 290 90 16 131.03 50
 
Hull KR 12 287 267 20 12 107.49 50
Castleford 15 267 388 -121 12 68.81 40
Huddersfield 16 278 334 -56 10 83.23 31.25
Salford 14 237 405 -168 8 58.52 28.57
Wakefield 16 279 394 -115 8 70.81 25
Leigh 14 218 558 -340 0 39.07 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Championship 2021 ROUND : 16
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Toulouse 10 456 94 362 20 485.11 100
Featherstone 14 579 189 390 26 306.35 92.86
Halifax 15 422 220 202 22 191.82 73.33
LondonB 14 404 357 47 19 113.17 67.86
Batley 15 404 302 102 20 133.77 66.67
Bradford 14 375 339 36 18 110.62 64.29
 
Whitehaven 15 297 410 -113 13 72.44 43.33
Widnes 14 323 378 -55 11 85.45 39.29
Sheffield 14 313 413 -100 11 75.79 39.29
Newcastle 14 298 420 -122 11 70.95 39.29
York 14 345 327 18 10 105.50 35.71
Dewsbury 14 215 401 -186 9 53.62 32.14
Oldham 14 210 500 -290 4 42 14.29
Swinton 15 256 547 -291 2 46.80 6.67
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred League One 2021 ROUND : 13
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
Barrow 11 382 162 220 19 235.80 86.36
Workington 9 334 158 176 15 211.39 83.33
Doncaster 11 348 251 97 15 138.65 68.18
Crusaders 11 350 322 28 12 108.70 54.55
Keighley 12 410 279 131 13 146.95 54.17
Hunslet 12 334 301 33 11 110.96 45.83
 
Coventry 11 258 264 -6 10 97.73 45.45
Rochdale 11 299 322 -23 10 92.86 45.45
LondonS 12 192 350 -158 7 54.86 29.17
West Wales 12 126 586 -460 0 21.50 0
This is an inplay table and positions can change as matches are in play.
Betfred Womens Super League 2021 ROUND : 9
 PLDFADIFFPTSDIFFWP%
LeedsW 7 364 38 326 14 957.89 100
St.HelensW 7 370 36 334 12 1,027.78 85.71
WiganW 6 222 64 158 10 346.88 83.33
YorkW 6 186 102 84 8 182.35 66.67
CastlefordW 6 166 96 70 8 172.92 66.67
BradfordW 8 158 264 -106 6 59.85 37.50
 
Hudds W 7 104 288 -184 4 36.11 28.57
Wire W 8 150 334 -184 4 44.91 25
FeatherstoneW 8 122 338 -216 4 36.09 25
WakefieldW 7 50 332 -282 0 15.06 0
RLFANS Recent Posts




X