FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1740
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 200420 years299th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 07:0719th Apr 24 07:26LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I am not biased; I'm not bothered who beats St. Helens.

jonh wrote:
Sorry if I’ve missed it but what has happened to Red Vee forum does anyone know?

It has been re designed as another poster has mentioned but the original link to it doesn't work anymore. You need to search for "redvee" again and save the new link. Don't worry though, it is just as inviting to "foreigners" as it always was. :)
MattyB 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20318
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 06 200321 years107th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 14:322nd May 24 22:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013 & 2022

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020 & 2023

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

jonh wrote:
Sorry if I’ve missed it but what has happened to Red Vee forum does anyone know?

It went home on 70 minutes and hasn't been seen since.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29325
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 16:173rd May 24 14:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

What has Dodd done so badly wrong in the last 2 weeks to go from being back to his best and Saints fans celebrating rumours he's staying on, to now being to blame for the attacking issues and even an ex player in Sculthorpe calling him out? That has been some turnaround.

I'll await an update on the progress he's made from the bloke who runs Red Vee TV, who said in pre season that he should be twice the player Harry Smith is.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9283
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years99th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 14:462nd May 24 21:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

NickyKiss wrote:
What has Dodd done so badly wrong in the last 2 weeks to go from being back to his best and Saints fans celebrating rumours he's staying on, to now being to blame for the attacking issues and even an ex player in Sculthorpe calling him out? That has been some turnaround.

I'll await an update on the progress he's made from the bloke who runs Red Vee TV, who said in pre season that he should be twice the player Harry Smith is.

Christ alive I remember that - truly crossed the threshold of insanity there.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

MadDogg wrote:
Christ alive I remember that - truly crossed the threshold of insanity there.

He followed it up with a beauty of an opinion last week, prior to the Warrington game, when he said that at a push Ashton and King would make a combined side. The other bloke (with the glasses, seems a sensible chap) enquired about Williams and his response was 'for who?' :lol:

Lomax has been a cracking player and at his best was possibly a better all round player than Williams (although it was extremely tight IMO) but he's not even close now and Dodd has never hit George Williams level. I've mentioned Dodd many times and constantly ask the question of 'what is his strength?' Great passing game-No, Great kicking game-No, Organiser-Not really, Great running game-No, Support runner-Not really, Great defender-He's ok. Harry Smith has some limitations also but he knows his game and has nailed on strengths that everyone can see.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15719
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200519 years91st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 19:243rd May 24 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"BOHICA"

NickyKiss wrote:
He followed it up with a beauty of an opinion last week, prior to the Warrington game, when he said that at a push Ashton and King would make a combined side. The other bloke (with the glasses, seems a sensible chap) enquired about Williams and his response was 'for who?' :lol:

Lomax has been a cracking player and at his best was possibly a better all round player than Williams (although it was extremely tight IMO) but he's not even close now and Dodd has never hit George Williams level. I've mentioned Dodd many times and constantly ask the question of 'what is his strength?' Great passing game-No, Great kicking game-No, Organiser-Not really, Great running game-No, Support runner-Not really, Great defender-He's ok. Harry Smith has some limitations also but he knows his game and has nailed on strengths that everyone can see.

So now that King has left Wigan he would get into the Saints side?

:IDEA:
RankPostsTeam
International Star2784
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 01 201014 years136th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 20:093rd May 24 13:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Under New Springs bridge wit' rest of trolls

I honestly think the hype around Dodd is from a couple of years back before he got injured on GF.
He'd come in as a young lad with a fair bit of pace for a half but crucially playing behind by a country mile the best pack in the league. He looks like he's finally getting a bit of that pace back but that pack while still very good is nowhere near as dominant as it was a few seasons back, getting Paasi back mid season will be a huge boost if he's fully recovered but I think we can safely say we don't dread the sight of them anymore.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7738
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd May 24 16:062nd May 24 14:04LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

NickyKiss wrote:

Probably speaking a bit out of school so to.speak here, but when we did the Rads podcast we had half an hour chatting with Matty Peet
He asked us out the blue about the 2 Saints lads and did we know them as he'd been interviewed by them before the GF game
My lad said he didnt know them etc and Peet went quiet for a few moments before just saying a few things that weren't complimentary, not nasty, just it seemed that he didn't enjoy it/thought it was balanced
And that's what I've been saying to 3 or 4 of my Saints mates for the last 18months or so, they've loved in this Saints first/win at all costs/better than everyone else world etc that any deviance must be a conspiracy or a deliberate attempt to sabotage Saints
And rather than focus on what's wrong with themselves they're preoccupied blaming everyone and everything for their losses etc.

Anyway
On the Dodd front, I had the same conversation with one of them midweek, and we both agreed, his kicking is getting worse, his running game has gone backwards, he doesn't organise, he doesn't create/passing game and my final.comment was that half the time I do watch them I'm half an hour in before realising he's even playing.
To rank him anywhere near Williams is a joke

Saying that I've argued with enough Wigan fans about Harry Smith over the last couple of years who will do anything to criticise him because they wrote him off 2 years ago so would rather double down than admit they're wrong

Argued with a mate in a pub last June ish about him and he laughed when I said he was in top 3 half backs in the country
End of conversation I said, if Harry goes on to have 15 great games end of the season ,kicks all his goals, wins us a GF and gets picked for England in the test series and plays well will he be good enough? Reply = No
So basically just said there you go, never be good enough so you'll just slag him off for slagging off sake for the next 5 years then and walked off

Seen him 10/15 times since - Not a word !!!!!!
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

apollosghost wrote:
I honestly think the hype around Dodd is from a couple of years back before he got injured on GF.
He'd come in as a young lad with a fair bit of pace for a half but crucially playing behind by a country mile the best pack in the league. He looks like he's finally getting a bit of that pace back but that pack while still very good is nowhere near as dominant as it was a few seasons back, getting Paasi back mid season will be a huge boost if he's fully recovered but I think we can safely say we don't dread the sight of them anymore.

He was outstanding in the academy from memory and came in with a lot of hype. As you say, he was behind a great pack and he was full of confidence and looked sharp but that injury really does seem to have set him back. I think it's unlikely that his pace will ever get back to what it was before his injury, so you have to develop other parts of your game and so far, I don't see that he's managed it. In saying that, he did start the season well and I am surprised so much criticism has come his way, so quickly from the Saints supporters on the back of a couple of iffy games. It doesn't help when you have a guy most of the Saints fan base will be watching online, saying he should be twice the player than the current England number 7 and man of the series against Tonga is though. He doesn't need that pressure being lumped on.
RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200419 years14th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Jukesays wrote:
Probably speaking a bit out of school so to.speak here, but when we did the Rads podcast we had half an hour chatting with Matty Peet
He asked us out the blue about the 2 Saints lads and did we know them as he'd been interviewed by them before the GF game
My lad said he didnt know them etc and Peet went quiet for a few moments before just saying a few things that weren't complimentary, not nasty, just it seemed that he didn't enjoy it/thought it was balanced
And that's what I've been saying to 3 or 4 of my Saints mates for the last 18months or so, they've loved in this Saints first/win at all costs/better than everyone else world etc that any deviance must be a conspiracy or a deliberate attempt to sabotage Saints
And rather than focus on what's wrong with themselves they're preoccupied blaming everyone and everything for their losses etc.

Anyway
On the Dodd front, I had the same conversation with one of them midweek, and we both agreed, his kicking is getting worse, his running game has gone backwards, he doesn't organise, he doesn't create/passing game and my final.comment was that half the time I do watch them I'm half an hour in before realising he's even playing.
To rank him anywhere near Williams is a joke

Saying that I've argued with enough Wigan fans about Harry Smith over the last couple of years who will do anything to criticise him because they wrote him off 2 years ago so would rather double down than admit they're wrong

Argued with a mate in a pub last June ish about him and he laughed when I said he was in top 3 half backs in the country
End of conversation I said, if Harry goes on to have 15 great games end of the season ,kicks all his goals, wins us a GF and gets picked for England in the test series and plays well will he be good enough? Reply = No
So basically just said there you go, never be good enough so you'll just slag him off for slagging off sake for the next 5 years then and walked off

Seen him 10/15 times since - Not a word !!!!!!

The guy makes no apologies for how Saints focussed Red Vee TV is and I can at least admire his honesty but without blowing smoke up your lad and his mates podcast, I'd much rather have something like they're doing associated with the club. They have a laugh, stick the odd friendly dig in to Saints or whoever but are totally balanced and don't just focus on Wigan. I actually feel for one of the two blokes who usually does The RVTV stuff (Kev I think his name is) because he does seem pretty balanced but the other guy can't help himself and it comes as no surprise when he mentions he's a football fan because he's taken it down the path of channels like Arsenal Fan TV, where it's total one eyed drivel.
PreviousNext