Club Coach7733
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 20:3719th Apr 24 11:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Re: Pricing/marketing : Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:31 pm  
muttywhitedog wrote:
Website shows adult renewal price for 2023 is £212, early bird £265 and full price £295.

There is also an auto renewal price I believe
Based on the price you quoted my 3 would be 567 and I dont think I paid that (ill check tomorrow). In fact wife's just looked and it was 478 so roughly 80 cheaper for 3 tickets than renewal price, so wouldn't be surprised if what the gentleman says is correct.
Renewal means someone deciding to renew but it isn't automatically taken and you initiate the renewal.
Early bird is for new ST before X date.
Full price is as you say any new ST taken after the early bird date.

Hence why I said earlier its a much more complicated situation than the OP of saying that our cheapest ricket is the dearest cheapest ticket
It may be, by a few quid. But the rest of the offerings from Wigan are as good or better IMO for most clubs

Free till 8, don't think anyone else does that
Young adult prices to 24, not many if any do that
Seniors start at 60 (very few do this).
Juniors up to 18, most clubs only go up to 16 before going into another band
The junior prices like for like are very favourable, something like 45 for auto renewal up to 18!!!! In both stands. The east stand equivalent of this 15 plus years ago was 145 each, I know because I used to pay that for my 2 when they were 8& 6 and it was one of my complaints back then.
Now theyd pay about 90 for 2!!!!
Simplified prices I.e. sideline view or behind post view, not different grades of prices.
The Hull prices you quote and say 4/6 games free are very misleading in the brochure
RankPostsTeam
International Star666
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 201311 years286th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 18:4913th Apr 24 07:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:01 am  
Jukesays wrote:
There is also an auto renewal price I believe
Based on the price you quoted my 3 would be 567 and I dont think I paid that (ill check tomorrow). In fact wife's just looked and it was 478 so roughly 80 cheaper for 3 tickets than renewal price, so wouldn't be surprised if what the gentleman says is correct.

Okay - now at those prices it becomes an absolute no-brainer as you can afford to miss 3-4 of the 13 home fixtures and still be getting a decent deal.

That said, the prices for anyone thinking of buying a 2023 season ticket are too high IMHO for the reasons Ive already stated. Too many of the 13 games will not take place on the stated day/time and missing 2 games makes it unviable. At that point, the potential ST holder decides to pay game to game and if the weather looks bad, or its on TV then they sack that game off too. At the end of the season, they only attended 4 of the 13 games..
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200519 years271st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 23 17:063rd Aug 23 06:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:52 am  
muttywhitedog wrote:
Okay - now at those prices it becomes an absolute no-brainer as you can afford to miss 3-4 of the 13 home fixtures and still be getting a decent deal.

That said, the prices for anyone thinking of buying a 2023 season ticket are too high IMHO for the reasons Ive already stated. Too many of the 13 games will not take place on the stated day/time and missing 2 games makes it unviable. At that point, the potential ST holder decides to pay game to game and if the weather looks bad, or its on TV then they sack that game off too. At the end of the season, they only attended 4 of the 13 games..

this is basically what i have been saying in my previous comments.

As a lapsed ST holder, i know there are 6 (poss 7) games i wont make this year due to commitments so financially not worth me purchasing a ST at full price. If i was on a renewal I would probably accept it as a one off, and accept that i wouldnt be saving that much. However, at approx 50 per match (if i got a ST), its too much, so i'm just going to go pay on the day for the games i can attend
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7733
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:25 pm  
The pieman wrote:
this is basically what i have been saying in my previous comments.

As a lapsed ST holder, i know there are 6 (poss 7) games i wont make this year due to commitments so financially not worth me purchasing a ST at full price. If i was on a renewal I would probably accept it as a one off, and accept that i wouldnt be saving that much. However, at approx 50 per match (if i got a ST), its too much, so i'm just going to go pay on the day for the games i can attend

I have said that maybe as a one off there should have been a "Covid" amnesty of some sort i.e. anyone having one say up to 5 years ago could get a Renewal price ST now?

But it's difficult to reduce Full price ST's too much - bearing in mind if people do want a New ST then can get one at the early bird price - as the whole reason for the incentive/cheaper price is to get people to pay earlier/up front etc.
Also game day price - I do agree that maybe 30 is a tad too much - but if you reduce too far there's less incentive for ST's

As I said previously - Judging Wigan on the Cheapest Full price ticket is unfair
People have the early bird reductions chance
The other price categories for U7's - Juniors/ And Junior up to 18 as opposed to 16/ Young Adult options & Seniors starting at 60

So there are multiple facets to the structure and we compare favourably

Said it before and will continue to say it - reducing tickets to 10/15 like some want isn;t the answer as it will drive revenues down in other areas and no way will we recouple that through new ST holders etc ad walk up extras
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 10 200519 years271st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Oct 23 17:063rd Aug 23 06:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:00 pm  
Jukesays wrote:
I have said that maybe as a one off there should have been a "Covid" amnesty of some sort i.e. anyone having one say up to 5 years ago could get a Renewal price ST now?

But it's difficult to reduce Full price ST's too much - bearing in mind if people do want a New ST then can get one at the early bird price - as the whole reason for the incentive/cheaper price is to get people to pay earlier/up front etc.
Also game day price - I do agree that maybe 30 is a tad too much - but if you reduce too far there's less incentive for ST's

As I said previously - Judging Wigan on the Cheapest Full price ticket is unfair
The other price categories for U7's - Juniors/ And Junior up to 18 as opposed to 16/ Young Adult options & Seniors starting at 60

Said it before and will continue to say it - reducing tickets to 10/15 like some want isn;t the answer as it will drive revenues down in other areas and no way will we recouple that through new ST holders etc ad walk up extras

i've no issues with Wigans pricing, and for a professional sport it is good value
my issue is a personal one, in that this season i know i will miss at least 6 games, so it doesnt make financial sense for me to purchase a ST

one thing i may have missed / misinterpreted is the early bird. Was that not only for ST holders or does it apply to everyone. I was always of the impression it was ST holders to retain their seat. If its not and i've got it wrong, then i will look at it for next season without doubt

i have had the benefit of the junior ticket previously when my daughter had one for approx 25 for the South Stand and also got a free ticket for the away matches
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player309
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years247th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 10:0316th Apr 24 20:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:56 pm  
The pieman wrote:
i've no issues with Wigans pricing, and for a professional sport it is good value
my issue is a personal one, in that this season i know i will miss at least 6 games, so it doesnt make financial sense for me to purchase a ST

one thing i may have missed / misinterpreted is the early bird. Was that not only for ST holders or does it apply to everyone. I was always of the impression it was ST holders to retain their seat. If its not and i've got it wrong, then i will look at it for next season without doubt

i have had the benefit of the junior ticket previously when my daughter had one for approx 25 for the South Stand and also got a free ticket for the away matches

Early Bird prices are for new season ticket holders or existing that miss the renewal deadline.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... s-on-sale/
The pieman wrote:

Early Bird prices are for new season ticket holders or existing that miss the renewal deadline.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2022/09/ ... s-on-sale/
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7733
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Pricing/marketing : Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:40 pm  
The pieman wrote:

As Bored Wiganner says below Early Bird is a Discount for New ST requests
So the £295 quoted is 265 as an early bird - 212 if you get on the Renewal roundabout and even cheaper (I reckon 30/40 cheaper) if you auto renewal
So the 295 for 1 year may save you 1 game the year after
The 265 for an early bird may be say 2 and 1/2 games
But then the renewal at 212 will save you maybe 4 plus games after that
Whilst an Auto renewal (Which a previous poster said was £165 but I can;t confirm that) may take it up to a saving of say 6 games (Which to be honest is ridiculously cheap !!!!).

Sideline - Which I have

Renewal price: £235 - Saves you over 4 games
Early bird: £295 - Saves you 3 games ish
Full price £350 - Saves you 1 & 1/2 games approx

My Auto renewal was approx 205/210 saving me £190 on just mine - Thats a saving of over 6 games! Nearly half price
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2081No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 28 200519 years288th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 24 09:479th Apr 24 21:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:13 am  
Plus the price of food, drinks ,car parking and programmes have gone up aswell :READING:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7733
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years81st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Pricing/marketing : Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:33 am  
MR FRISK wrote:
Plus the price of food, drinks ,car parking and programmes have gone up aswell :READING:

Shock Horror :DOH:
Things cost more in 2023 than they did in 2003 Surprise

(Note to self - Do not feed the Wind up Merchant!!!)
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2892
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200816 years185th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 17:1912th Apr 24 21:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Pricing/marketing : Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:51 pm  
Jukesays wrote:

Obviously everybody's income is not the same but generally I think that the prices are good particularly for children. I got my grandson's for £35 and my granddaughters for free. Absolutely fantastic.

I agree on your "COVID amnesty" suggestion but i also think we need something for new family season tickets.
My grandson plays at Judes and he is the only ST holder out of around 20 guys in his age group. If this is representative or even closely representative I find it very very worrying. Maybe a heavily discounted first year for families and an even higher discount if say 5 or more families are from an age group at an amatuer club. Maybe the club could hold "open nights" individually with each amatuer club specifically targeting new ST sales?
PreviousNext