OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 18:5411th May 24 18:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"BOHICA"

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:31 am  
Would London with draw from SL for next year knowing they would be relegated regardless? Could they if they wanted to?
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1832No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 17 20168 years220th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 09:507th May 24 16:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:04 am  
[Gareth] wrote:
Would London with draw from SL for next year knowing they would be relegated regardless? Could they if they wanted to?

I don’t see the point of them getting beat by 70-80 every week. It wouldn’t do them or the league any good. If they are running with the same part time players as previously suggested those kind of score lines would be likely.
Wigg'n 
RankPostsTeam
International Star7528
JoinedServiceReputation
May 11 201113 years205th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th May 24 08:414th May 24 14:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:09 am  
Well that is probably their best hope. Run with an extremely cheap squad, essentially forfeit a year of competitiveness and invest all of their SL money into everything else.
RankPostsTeam
International Star998
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 22 201113 years302nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 15:538th May 24 17:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Everything is Awesome

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:16 pm  
Itchy Arsenal wrote:
London unless they produce the biggest miracle of all time are relegated before the season starts. Who would want to sign for London in the very likely hood that they are almost certain to be relegated?
I suspect you're correct, but how many here would have said exactly the same about the Lobby Gobblers 12 months ago? I think Cas have to be at least joint favourites to go down next year (unless they seriously pull their socks up).
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29346
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 08 200420 years15th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 16:5911th May 24 06:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:17 pm  
CyberPieMan wrote:
I suspect you're correct, but how many here would have said exactly the same about the Lobby Gobblers 12 months ago? I think Cas have to be at least joint favourites to go down next year (unless they seriously pull their socks up).

I think they mean London are doomed because even if they do a Leigh, win the cup and finish 5th, they’ll still be relegated because they won’t get enough points under the new licensing system. I don’t have a massive issue with that, this system was always going to throw circumstances up where teams felt hard done to but we need to ride that period out and it will settle and when it does, it will just keep everyone honest and make sure clubs aren’t just sleeping and plodding along in a comfort zone.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2623No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 15 20204 years52nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 22:1811th May 24 18:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:03 am  
[Gareth] wrote:

With the new grading system, they will only get relegated if they finish bottom, assuming another grade B team wins the championship GF, won't they?
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player311
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years247th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 08:319th May 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:34 am  
CyberPieMan wrote:

I don't think many who paid attention thought that about Leigh. They signed a SL quality team in advance and annihilated the championship from round 1. They had a team capable of being competitive in SL a full season before.

London have managed to sneak their way through with a mostly part-time team from 5th. Even they didn't expect themseves to be promoted, hence why they had already re-signed some of their part time players before the playoffs even began. Not comparable.

Re-reading the statement from London, although they said they will stick by their part timers, they have also saod they are having a lot of players thrown at them so hopefully they can cobble something somewhat competitive together before the season starts.

Can't say i am optimistic though, the only signing they have made so far is a Keighley player.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player311
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years247th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 08:319th May 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:45 am  
Jack Burton wrote:
With the new grading system, they will only get relegated if they finish bottom, assuming another grade B team wins the championship GF, won't they?

I may be wrong, but i believe the top 12 graded clubs will be who is in super league next season. Which is why Castleford are upset about being in 13th, a mistake that appears to be completely of their own doing. Mind blowing how you can make a mistake on what is probably the most significant documentation in your clubs whole history. They should be docked points for being that amateur.

Interesting article from Matthew Shaw, can't say i completely agree with it all but he makes some good points. Nice to see some actual journalism in RL for once too

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email
Jack Burton wrote:

I may be wrong, but i believe the top 12 graded clubs will be who is in super league next season. Which is why Castleford are upset about being in 13th, a mistake that appears to be completely of their own doing. Mind blowing how you can make a mistake on what is probably the most significant documentation in your clubs whole history. They should be docked points for being that amateur.

Interesting article from Matthew Shaw, can't say i completely agree with it all but he makes some good points. Nice to see some actual journalism in RL for once too

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1581
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200321 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 22:579th May 24 11:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:CHEF:
<l>
_/\_

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:34 am  
BoredWiganer wrote:

Great article, and sums up my thoughts. I'd prefer promotion and relegation in an ideal world, but we aren't in an ideal world. Too many clubs are badly run, hold the game back, and dont deserve to be in a top flight competition. Teams like Wigan and Saints invest in facilities, invest in youth, get good crowds in, and contribute to the health of the sport. Sadly a lot of clubs need the threat of being excluded from SL to motivate them to run themselves properly
BoredWiganer wrote:

Great article, and sums up my thoughts. I'd prefer promotion and relegation in an ideal world, but we aren't in an ideal world. Too many clubs are badly run, hold the game back, and dont deserve to be in a top flight competition. Teams like Wigan and Saints invest in facilities, invest in youth, get good crowds in, and contribute to the health of the sport. Sadly a lot of clubs need the threat of being excluded from SL to motivate them to run themselves properly
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 03 20222 years308th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 21:538th May 24 22:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: IMG Gradings Cause Controversy : Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:41 am  
I do wonder if IMG are just serving up what's been tried before and noone liked it back then I suspect this system after couple of years will cause the same sort of feelings..

The TV deal isn't a good start for IMG either,like it or not they were charged with spreading the gospel and sorting the sport and it's TV deal out what's happened so far is much less money for more product unless and again I suspect this will happen the pay per view bunny is pulled out of the bag to offset the losses like I say not a great start.

I've no issue with social media but it simply shouldn't be the be all and end all far to easy to manipulate numbers as no one checks if there's a real person behind the name,yes use social media and try to use it well but be wary of it too.
PreviousNext