Jul 30 20204 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 17:5213th May 24 14:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:02 am  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgOQby ... eldTrinity

So i just stumbled across this new youtube series that Wakefield have started doing, a series following their pre-season and i have to say i am quite impressed. As a fan of Rugby League, content such as this is very interesting to me, it is a window into a side of the club that we often don't get to see as fans. In the digital world that we find ourselves in today, this sort of content is more important then ever to keep your audience engaged and keep yourselves relevant, not to mention that things such as this will resonate more with younger generations. It has got me thinking is there more our club could be doing to make engaging and interesting content such as this, and probably even better.

I don't see any reason Wigan couldn't release content like this. With some of the stuff we post on socials currenty, we must have somebody at the club capable of Video Editing and something such as a Pre-season video series such as what Wakey are doing here is so easy and non-distruptive to our preparations as what you are filming would be happening regardless.

I would set it up like this -

Weekly release of episodes, consitancy is key here so i would set a specific release date each week for the video to be released (say 6pm on a Friday) and i would have this information plastered all over social media so that the fans are well aware of when a new episode has being released. Make watching the new episode a parts of people's routines.

In the week use social media to our advantage, hype up the next episode through all social media outlets, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok etc. Have little teaser video's and maybe even little clips of players hyping up the next episode.

I would have 2 versions of the video, and use one to advertise the other. I would have a shorter, cut down video that is released on Youtube. Not too short though as i feel Wakey's does border on that. Around the 8-10 min mark seems to be the sweet spot for a youtube video. And in the social media posts & the video itself i woud advertise an "extended / uncut" version of said video that is available exclusively with a Wigan TV subscription. We are then also generation content for that also and giving people a reason to keep subscribing in the off season. I can only imagine that subs for Wigan TV are well down at this time of the year, as looking now we have not posted a single video since a Sam Walters interview on the 3rd Nov, that is 2 1/2 weeks ago now!

I think this is something we could really make work, and i could very easily see us pushing into the 5 figure views range on Youtube which would then hopefully open us up to a larger audience as Youtube's algarithm pushes the video into people recommended section. I mean, as it stands our Youtube is a bit of a joke and i didn't even realise we had one until i started looking for it now! I searched "Wigan Warriors" into youtube and genuinely thought at first we didn't even have one, i took me scrolling through 12 videos to even find the channel, and what we do post leave's a lot to be desired, but again it does show that there is somebody at the club capable of producing edited video's for Youtube, they just need to be led down the correct path and given access to the content.

Doesn't even need to stop at this, i am sure the club could come up with other content idea's, maybe getting the players involved more and even when the season is ongoing, we could have a match prep series where the video starts at the beginning of the week and ends in the tunnel just as the team are about to walk out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgOQby ... eldTrinity

So i just stumbled across this new youtube series that Wakefield have started doing, a series following their pre-season and i have to say i am quite impressed. As a fan of Rugby League, content such as this is very interesting to me, it is a window into a side of the club that we often don't get to see as fans. In the digital world that we find ourselves in today, this sort of content is more important then ever to keep your audience engaged and keep yourselves relevant, not to mention that things such as this will resonate more with younger generations. It has got me thinking is there more our club could be doing to make engaging and interesting content such as this, and probably even better.

I don't see any reason Wigan couldn't release content like this. With some of the stuff we post on socials currenty, we must have somebody at the club capable of Video Editing and something such as a Pre-season video series such as what Wakey are doing here is so easy and non-distruptive to our preparations as what you are filming would be happening regardless.

Weekly release of episodes, consitancy is key here so i would set a specific release date each week for the video to be released (say 6pm on a Friday) and i would have this information plastered all over social media so that the fans are well aware of when a new episode has being released. Make watching the new episode a parts of people's routines.

In the week use social media to our advantage, hype up the next episode through all social media outlets, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok etc. Have little teaser video's and maybe even little clips of players hyping up the next episode.

I would have 2 versions of the video, and use one to advertise the other. I would have a shorter, cut down video that is released on Youtube. Not too short though as i feel Wakey's does border on that. Around the 8-10 min mark seems to be the sweet spot for a youtube video. And in the social media posts & the video itself i woud advertise an "extended / uncut" version of said video that is available exclusively with a Wigan TV subscription. We are then also generation content for that also and giving people a reason to keep subscribing in the off season. I can only imagine that subs for Wigan TV are well down at this time of the year, as looking now we have not posted a single video since a Sam Walters interview on the 3rd Nov, that is 2 1/2 weeks ago now!

I think this is something we could really make work, and i could very easily see us pushing into the 5 figure views range on Youtube which would then hopefully open us up to a larger audience as Youtube's algarithm pushes the video into people recommended section. I mean, as it stands our Youtube is a bit of a joke and i didn't even realise we had one until i started looking for it now! I searched "Wigan Warriors" into youtube and genuinely thought at first we didn't even have one, i took me scrolling through 12 videos to even find the channel, and what we do post leave's a lot to be desired, but again it does show that there is somebody at the club capable of producing edited video's for Youtube, they just need to be led down the correct path and given access to the content.

Doesn't even need to stop at this, i am sure the club could come up with other content idea's, maybe getting the players involved more and even when the season is ongoing, we could have a match prep series where the video starts at the beginning of the week and ends in the tunnel just as the team are about to walk out.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9297
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 200519 years103rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 13:5813th May 24 14:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:35 am  
I think historically the club have never bothered with YouTube with the aim of encouraging more people to sign up to Wigan TV. Seems like more content is uploaded a little more regularly now (perhaps due to IMG) although I agree that there could be more creativity in producing new content.

Wigan TV has also been pretty much dead so far in the off season.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player312
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:57 am  
MadDogg wrote:
I think historically the club have never bothered with YouTube with the aim of encouraging more people to sign up to Wigan TV. Seems like more content is uploaded a little more regularly now (perhaps due to IMG) although I agree that there could be more creativity in producing new content.

Wigan TV has also been pretty much dead so far in the off season.

I agree they do seem to have gone more for pushing people to Wigan TV, but it does feel like the club is missing a trick by not utilising a huge platform such as Youtube and even using it as an advertisment machine for Wigan TV.

They basically already do this on Social media when they post snippets of interviews, but you can only watch the full interview by subscribing to Wigan TV. This would be taking that same concept to a new level.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2871No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 28 200321 years274th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 09:5211th May 24 18:22LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA

WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017

SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016 & 2018

CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011 & 2013

LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010 & 2012

ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017 & 2018

WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018

BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012

CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012

Re: Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:24 pm  
Interview with Kruise Leeming on Wigan TV. Must say he speaks very well. Looking forward to seeing him in the cherry and white
jonh 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20179No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 27 200321 years47th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 09:3213th May 24 13:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Signature
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.

Re: Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:42 pm  
Follow Trinity’s social media releases has been a breath of fresh air under Matt Ellis.

It’s an area that he is really focusing on to spread the word and build positivity.

The costs involved are so minimal but the impact it has on the casual audience are very positive in my opinion and clubs not pushing this element of their club are missing out on an opportunity.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15726
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200519 years94th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 10:3613th May 24 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"BOHICA"

Re: Club Content : Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:48 pm  
BoredWiganer wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXgOQbyDx5A&ab_channel=WakefieldTrinity

This is exactly the kind of content that the club should be putting out, whether its on YouTube or WiganTV
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4659
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 05 20159 years208th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 01:1611th May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Club Content : Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:35 am  
Sounds a great idea to me.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player312
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Club Content : Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:14 pm  
https://fb.watch/oYkckWOC0x/

Seems i called this one! Even a broken clock is right twice a day :lol:

On my way over to Wigan TV now to give this a watch, available for all on Sunday. Episode 1 is 9 mins long!
https://fb.watch/oYkckWOC0x/

Seems i called this one! Even a broken clock is right twice a day :lol:

On my way over to Wigan TV now to give this a watch, available for all on Sunday. Episode 1 is 9 mins long!
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player312
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 30 20204 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Club Content : Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:35 pm  
Great little watch that, exactly what i envisioned it to be on my initial post. Leeming is just a PR delight, speaks so well and eloquently and great to see the character of some of the other players shining through also

Good work Wigan, and thank you for supplying us with this type of content, already looking forward to the next one!
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach15726
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20 200519 years94th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 10:3613th May 24 12:56LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"BOHICA"

Re: Club Content : Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:46 pm  
Excellent viewing and great content

1. Mago looks MUCH fitter
2. Leeming seems to be getting plenty of media exposure
3. How tall is Walters!!!
4. Ive been to the fan village a fair few times and never realised that its the actual gym....
Next