FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The Wigan Way - New Podcast - Wigans No1 Kris Radlinski
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7735
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 07:1423rd Apr 24 10:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Hi all
The New Wigan Way Podcast Special is out now
Yesterday we had the chance to sit down for a couple of hours with one of Wigans greatest ever Full backs and current CEO Kris Radlinski
In the 2hrs we got a chance to review is life, playing career and post playing career that has led him in the last year to become Wigans CEO
A fantastic review of all those things plus insights into other subjects behind the scenes and his passion and vision for the future of the club.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/73UU4v ... LNAXm9j-Sg

PS
Once again the club and in particular Kris were fantastic and pro-active in inviting us down and couldn't have been more accommodating, and hopefully this will give more opportunities of collaborations down the line
Hi all
The New Wigan Way Podcast Special is out now
Yesterday we had the chance to sit down for a couple of hours with one of Wigans greatest ever Full backs and current CEO Kris Radlinski
In the 2hrs we got a chance to review is life, playing career and post playing career that has led him in the last year to become Wigans CEO
A fantastic review of all those things plus insights into other subjects behind the scenes and his passion and vision for the future of the club.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/73UU4v ... LNAXm9j-Sg

PS
Once again the club and in particular Kris were fantastic and pro-active in inviting us down and couldn't have been more accommodating, and hopefully this will give more opportunities of collaborations down the line
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman32310
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 17 200222 years164th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Apr 24 11:1823rd Apr 24 17:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
SAINTS THE ORIGINAL AND PERENNIAL CHEATS

For sale full Saints kit (circa 1989). Shirts in pristine condition, but shorts badly soiled.

For 27 - 0 you get a trophy
For 75 - 0 you get sod all.

Wigan had eight in a row
Saints have five in a row

Just listened to it, absolutely superb. Rads really has grown into that job, great insight.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1576
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 19 200321 years316th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 06:4226th Apr 24 21:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
:CHEF:
<l>
_/\_

Great episode. I love listening to Rads speak. He obviously has all the passion you'd want, but he articulates the reasons for the things the club does really well. We're lucky to have someone as capable and forward thinking running the club.

On a technical note, the audio quality was improved comparsd to the last episode which I had to turn up to top note in places
RankPostsTeam
International Star215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 08 200914 years313th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 06:2311th Apr 24 12:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Great listen and think we are in safe hands for the foreseeable future. Surprised he wasn’t asked about the season ticket debacle though (unless it was agreed this was off limits).
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7735
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 30 200420 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
30th Apr 24 07:1423rd Apr 24 10:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Signature
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!

"The club used you last night and didn't tell the truth."

Officially one of the 119 Mugs used by the club

Fujiman wrote:
Great listen and think we are in safe hands for the foreseeable future. Surprised he wasn’t asked about the season ticket debacle though (unless it was agreed this was off limits).

It wasn't off limits, no-one asked, there was nothingnthat was said befire the interview about what was coming up but I guess that's more to do with the formula/aim of that special

The aim is/was to discuss the individuals background and introduction into rugby league, there career at club and then international level, and then post playing career etc which in this instance would lead to other things wigan related but in other instances it wouldn't
In this instance there would I guess be dozens of specific questions, relating to specific subjects that are pertinent to this exact moment, each of which would possibly require more time than we have.
What I will say is that whilst chatting after the recording lots of little subjects were touched on (he mentioned the trouble he'd had with Smithies agent on more than 1 occasion, he mentioned what needed to happen with the Stadium in terms of revamping it and H&S issues that had been left that he will have a major role in sorting, and he mentioned the ticketing situation
It wouldn't be my place to repeat what was said, but he was far from happy about it, explained what ticketmaster were doing with the old ticketing people to resolve it and the accountability all parties are being held to that include compensation and other legal issues.

We did say that we could do a whole other Podcast etc just on the current situation, ownership takeover, marketing, merchandising, ticketing etc etc etc
He didn't seem phased and in time it may be something we approach him about to do.

As an aside, Matty Peet contacted my son today and they've arranged to meet in May and also Peet has expressed interest in arranging interviews with players as well inconjunction and doing other things behind the scenes.
bazdev 
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner791No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200321 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Apr 24 22:2328th Apr 24 12:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Jukesays wrote:
It wasn't off limits, no-one asked, there was nothingnthat was said befire the interview about what was coming up but I guess that's more to do with the formula/aim of that special

The aim is/was to discuss the individuals background and introduction into rugby league, there career at club and then international level, and then post playing career etc which in this instance would lead to other things wigan related but in other instances it wouldn't
In this instance there would I guess be dozens of specific questions, relating to specific subjects that are pertinent to this exact moment, each of which would possibly require more time than we have.
What I will say is that whilst chatting after the recording lots of little subjects were touched on (he mentioned the trouble he'd had with Smithies agent on more than 1 occasion, he mentioned what needed to happen with the Stadium in terms of revamping it and H&S issues that had been left that he will have a major role in sorting, and he mentioned the ticketing situation
It wouldn't be my place to repeat what was said, but he was far from happy about it, explained what ticketmaster were doing with the old ticketing people to resolve it and the accountability all parties are being held to that include compensation and other legal issues.

We did say that we could do a whole other Podcast etc just on the current situation, ownership takeover, marketing, merchandising, ticketing etc etc etc
He didn't seem phased and in time it may be something we approach him about to do.

As an aside, Matty Peet contacted my son today and they've arranged to meet in May and also Peet has expressed interest in arranging interviews with players as well inconjunction and doing other things behind the scenes.

Great to hear the club are so receptive to the Podcast. It's a great listen every week.

Keep up the good work
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1256
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 14 20204 years131st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Apr 24 05:4019th Apr 24 11:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Jukesays wrote:

Great listen and you and your son and friends are doing a great service to this club of ours.