FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Formula 1 Thread
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7069No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Sep 14 12:013rd Sep 14 19:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 am  
Alonso is insane, but that is what makes him great. I can understand to an extent his issue with the time the decision took but for what was essentially the safety car crossing the white line by inches before Hamilton did, which upon reflection cost Lewis the chance and probably the race victory i think he's gone overboard. Probably alot of it is frustration with himself and the team.

As for the Webber incident, firstly it is testament to the cars that he is alive after that. Secondly i disagree with almost all of what DC was saying about whos fault it was. I think it was entirely Webber's own fault. Heikki has track position and they were racing, surely he has no obligation to move out of his way. Webber knows he is significantly faster and Heikki had left him enough room around the outside (and possibly could have gone up the inside) and made no sudden movements. For me Webber arrogantly thought he could just keep going and Heikki would move.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 08 200717 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 11 10:5116th Mar 11 16:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
LOVE UNITED - HATE GLAZER

"DEBT IS THE ROAD TO RUIN" - David Gill, August 2004

Malcolm Glazer - Forever in your DEBT

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:30 am  
ST_CONROY wrote:
As for the Webber incident, firstly it is testament to the cars that he is alive after that. Secondly i disagree with almost all of what DC was saying about whos fault it was. I think it was entirely Webber's own fault. Heikki has track position and they were racing, surely he has no obligation to move out of his way. Webber knows he is significantly faster and Heikki had left him enough room around the outside (and possibly could have gone up the inside) and made no sudden movements. For me Webber arrogantly thought he could just keep going and Heikki would move.

I agree with all of this.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Aug 16 11:3717th Aug 16 11:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:14 am  
If the BBC are going to use Coulthard, they should have insisted he give up his consultancy roles with Red Bull and Toro Rosso, otherwise his integrity as the supposed "expert" voice in their commentary is badly compromised IMO.

To blame Kovalainen for that accident is ludicrous. What does he want Lotus to do, roll over and die whenever anyone who should be higher up the field comes up behind them? Heikki didn't make a double move, had Webber gone three feet to his right he could have zipped up the inside and been by him in plenty of time to make the next corner.

Red Bull drivers have been guilty of some serious errors of judgement in recent GPs (this one, following hot on the heels of the Webber/Vettel coming together a couple of races ago) and Coulthard has been very careful not to upset his employers on both occasions.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach299
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 22 02:2028th Oct 13 04:30LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 pm  
ST_CONROY wrote:
Alonso is insane, but that is what makes him great. I can understand to an extent his issue with the time the decision took but for what was essentially the safety car crossing the white line by inches before Hamilton did, which upon reflection cost Lewis the chance and probably the race victory i think he's gone overboard. Probably alot of it is frustration with himself and the team.

I agree. Why should Heikki have to move for him just because his car is slower. Webber has to earn the right to overtake and can't expect other drivers to not defend their position.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach299
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 pm  
Ferrari throw toys out of pram I don't recall them whinging like this when their driver at the time, Schumacher, not once but twice deliberately took out a rival challenger for the World title. That did more damage to the sport all those years ago than this "incident" will ever do.
Ferrari throw toys out of pram I don't recall them whinging like this when their driver at the time, Schumacher, not once but twice deliberately took out a rival challenger for the World title. That did more damage to the sport all those years ago than this "incident" will ever do.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1899No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 16 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 13 15:3510th Apr 13 21:55LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
WAKEFIELD TRINITY WILDCATS 2013 - 140th ANNIVERSARY SQUAD

1. Mathers. 2. Fox. 3. Collis. 4. L. Smith. 5. Cockayne. 6. Sykes. 7. T. Smith. 8. Poore. 9. Aiton. 10. Raleigh. 11. Lauititi. 12.. Kirmon (captain). 13. Washbrook. 14. Wood. 15. Amor. 16. Wilkes. 17. Mariano. 18. Trout. 19. Mellars. 20. Lyne. 21. Wildie. 22. Cowling. 24. Walshaw. 25. John. 26. Goulding. 27. Annakin. 28. Kay. 29. Slater. 35. L. Smith. C: Agar

WAKEFILED TRINITY WILDCATS - PURVEYORS OF RUGBY LEAGUE SINCE 1873

KEEP CALM AND PASS THE BALL TO SYKES

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:40 pm  
wire_mad wrote:

Correct, my friend. :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
wire_mad wrote:

Correct, my friend. :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP: :CLAP:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Aug 15 09:1625th Aug 15 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 am  
wire_mad wrote:

Whine, whine, whine - Ferrari. Boo-hoo.
wire_mad wrote:

Whine, whine, whine - Ferrari. Boo-hoo.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5468No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Apr 13 18:5311th Apr 13 18:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
John Part BDO world champ 1994...PDC world champ! 2003 2008

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm  
Hamilton aint no saint though...take the first lap incident with Vettel...he did not have the racing line touched with Vettel and claimed over the radio 'Vettel hit me' no you hit Lewis....there have been other drivers who have won world championships trying to overtake when the shouldn't......and have been heavily critizised for it.

I don't feel sorry for Ferrari...but i do have a bit of sympathy for Alonso
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member28186No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 03 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Aug 16 11:3717th Aug 16 11:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm  
It was absolutely marginal - fractions of a second involved in whether he was in front of or behind the safety car. It's a sad reflection of how far Ferrari have fallen since Todt and Brawn jumped ship that they're reduced to petty squabbling over the rules to get points, see also their moaning about the Schumacher overtake in Monaco under the safety car. Their ludicrous subsequent complaint about Hamilton backing the pack up under the safety car was major grasping at straws.

Get over it and start concentrating on why you've got such a dog of a car if I were you Luca.

Alonso's whining when things don't go his way was tiresome when he was winning, it comes across even worse now he's not.

As for the coming together with Vettel, racing incident. In the first few corners of a GP there are little collisions like that happening all over the track.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach299
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 16 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Formula 1 Thread : Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 pm  
Up the Dons wrote:

I don't feel sorry for Ferrari...but i do have a bit of sympathy for Alonso

Would Alonso be kicking up such a fuss if it was any other driver than Hamilton? Probably not, he would still whine but not to the same extent as a child that doesn't get their own way. I think he's still bitter at how he was out driven and outsmarted by a "rookie" driver.
PreviousNext