FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Non-League Football
::A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Nov 09 15:221st Jan 70 00:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:11 pm  
faxtastic wrote:
can you come and play in our league then if you have a stadium.

we are 3 divisions below you. with a 12,000 stadium average attendance of 1500, which is the 5th largest in non league according to a couple of weeks ago what was mentioned.

the only teams with a sniff of a ground are Lancaster City.

Leigh Genesis have a good stadium but thats about it. the rest is like playing in a park with most of them.

we take more away fans to places than the home team has home fans.

we have players that have dropped down divisions to play for us.

your in a higher league imaging how us FC Halifax Town fans feel travelling to places like Mossley and Trafford every week.

Arent you the team that went bust? Do you even own your own stadium? Any noob can rent a nice stadium and then berate others. We actually own our stadium with no debts against it.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 06 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Mar 14 22:2518th May 12 23:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:19 pm  
Eric_Cartman_is_a_saint wrote:
Arent you the team that went bust? Do you even own your own stadium? Any noob can rent a nice stadium and then berate others. We actually own our stadium with no debts against it.

we did go bust yes.

loads of teams are going bust though.

we dont own it but do Hull FC own theres no.

yes we do rent it but we cant afford to own a stadium that big. we do pay to use it or so i beleive.

it was built for the football and was used for football for many years until the rugby joined us so now it does belong to the council but it was buolt for us so in effec it is our stadium.

there are a lot of non league clubs that own there own stadiums but that wouldnt be difficult with most of them.

i hope we can get out of this league this season we are too big for the league we are in.

we get 1,000 more fans than anyone else in the league.

we are 4 leagues below the Blue Square Premier and we still get bigger crowds than most of them and bigger crowds that most of the teams in higher leagues outside the non league bar 5 clubs.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 06 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 pm  
The Fleetwood Town FC juggernaught continues on. 2-0 win away at those ruffians Farsley Celtic, proves that skill will always prevail against teams with no skill who just try and kick lumps out of you.

And how about our 2 new signings. Klaus Jorgenson from Portvale, who was wanted by league 1 teams but decided to drop 3 divisions to the Blue Square North because he knows, we are THE team. Also, Gareth Sneddon who was offered a contract by EVERY bluesquare premiership team but opted, again, for Fleetwood in the blue square north. Probably because out kit is made by NIKE and they would rather play in NIKE than, I dunno, dunlop, or whoever it is that makes non league kits.

Add to the fact that work on our £3m east stand is about to start. Our stadium is just WOW. What must our players think when they have to play at places like Farsley, which arent much better than council pitches and communal changing rooms.

We are the kings of the Blue Square. I will be able to leave this thread in 2 years when we make it to the league proper, because at it stands, we have too much money for the blue square league.

i can bet that you wont be paying for the £3m developement all by yourself. so stop saying you have your own ground you may own it but the council is obvipusly helping out with the stadium by building a stand for you.

our stadium is just wow. i hope we meet in the F.A CUP at the shay so you can come and see what we have.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:38 pm  
faxtastic wrote:
i can bet that you wont be paying for the £3m developement all by yourself. so stop saying you have your own ground you may own it but the council is obvipusly helping out with the stadium by building a stand for you.

our stadium is just wow. i hope we meet in the F.A CUP at the shay so you can come and see what we have.

Err , the council is putting about £30k into it, the rest is comming from the pocket of our multi millionaire owner.

Your stadium is a crumbling, 100 year old one. Ours is brand new. The only things yours has over fleetwoods is that it has 15,000 capacity. However, that means it will be souless on match days with your 1k crowd.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 06 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:48 pm  
Err , the council is putting about £30k into it, the rest is comming from the pocket of our multi millionaire owner.
Your stadium is a crumbling, 100 year old one. Ours is brand new. The only things yours has over fleetwoods is that it has 15,000 capacity. However, that means it will be souless on match days with your 1k crowd.

can we borrow him please :lol:

only 1 stand is the west stand.

the east stand like yours is in the process of being completed so thats new. the north and the south stand are still very much in tact as well.

its actually getting close to 1600 fans per home game now and beleive me it isnt souless.

if you have multi million pound owner why are you still in Blue Square North or south which ever it is.

I don'understand it we are one of the biggest clubs outside the football league and we cant get a millionairre owner. can we borrow him for a couple of weeks.

good luck with your project and getting into the league hopefully we can join you in a few years and look forward to some meetings between the 2 sides.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 18 16:5120th Apr 17 14:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm  
The Fleetwood Town FC juggernaught continues on. 2-0 win away at those ruffians Farsley Celtic, proves that skill will always prevail against teams with no skill who just try and kick lumps out of you.

And how about our 2 new signings. Klaus Jorgenson from Portvale, who was wanted by league 1 teams but decided to drop 3 divisions to the Blue Square North because he knows, we are THE team. Also, Gareth Sneddon who was offered a contract by EVERY bluesquare premiership team but opted, again, for Fleetwood in the blue square north. Probably because out kit is made by NIKE and they would rather play in NIKE than, I dunno, dunlop, or whoever it is that makes non league kits.

Add to the fact that work on our £3m east stand is about to start. Our stadium is just WOW. What must our players think when they have to play at places like Farsley, which arent much better than council pitches and communal changing rooms.

We are the kings of the Blue Square. I will be able to leave this thread in 2 years when we make it to the league proper, because at it stands, we have too much money for the blue square league.

Ikeston will get him then as they are Nike too.....and I think they will give you a good game in January and at your place in April as they can pass it around with the best of them.

No money or £3m stand (though the two they already have are more than adequate for Conference Premier Football) but are playing some great stuff and getting better and better. Think you are probably right that you will go up as Champions (backed you in a few ante post bets) but I do not think The Robins will be far behind.
Last edited by espanyolswan on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:26 pm  
Faxtastic, Actually, im sorry, I take it back, yours looks quite nice actually :)

re: our owner, I think he just wants a play toy to spend his millions on, but so far he is doing a sterling job. Musnt forget how lucky we are to have such an owner :)
Last edited by Eric_Cartman_is_a_saint on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 02 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 pm  
espanyolswan wrote:
Ikeston will get him then as they are Nike too.....and I think they will give you a good game January and at your place in April as they can pass it around with the best of them.

No money or £3m stand (though the two they already have are more than adequate for Conference Premier Football) but are playing some great stuff and getting better and better. Think you are probably right that you will go up as Champions (backed you in a few ante post bets) but I do not think The Robins will be far behind.

I tell you who are playing some fantastic football, Drolysden. I was surprised at the football they play.

The thing about us is, we are putting together a squad and not just a team. We have 3 absolute class strikers now. I guess the money helps to do this though.

Ilkeston are my mates outside bet to go up this season and they not looking too bad at the moment.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 09 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 18 16:5120th Apr 17 14:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:37 pm  
I tell you who are playing some fantastic football, Drolysden. I was surprised at the football they play.

The thing about us is, we are putting together a squad and not just a team. We have 3 absolute class strikers now. I guess the money helps to do this though.

Ilkeston are my mates outside bet to go up this season and they not looking too bad at the moment.

Ilkeston had them first game and were not prepared for what hit them (lost 2-0) since then unbeaten and are definetly learning as they go and would be more of a threat to them now.

They have good forward strength on the bench but not sure about defensively really but as they are all avoiding suspensions and injuries for now hopefully it will not be too much of a factor as they can not run on as big a squad as some.

Fair play did not think they would do anywhere as well as they have so he made a really good shout.

One thing about this league is how the likes of Moor Green (ok now Solihull Moors), Redditch etc stay in it as they are not much better than Unibond Div 1 sides and have support to match. I guess the crisis clubs help them along the way and things like Kings Lynn's expulsion.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 06 200815 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:46 pm  
Faxtastic, Actually, im sorry, I take it back, yours looks quite nice actually :)

re: our owner, I think he just wants a play toy to spend his millions on, but so far he is doing a sterling job. Musnt forget how lucky we are to have such an owner :)

i know its rare that a club in non league has an owner with the amount of money that you say your owner has.

it must be just for the thing of owning a club because with all due respect he isnt going to get much of a return on the money he is investing in the club or make much of a profit if any.

your luck to have him though. if you play some good football then you might get a good fan base.

i know our stadium looks good it would look better with a few more fans.

we dont even use the north stand for the football cause the away teams dont bring enough to be able to afford to open the stand and get the extra stewards.

like i said we have played 8 games in all competitions so far this season and we have won 7 and drawn 1 so far.

we have just reached the 1 qualifying round of the fa cup. only another 4 till we get to the first round :lol:

we are top of our league for once :lol:

i must say though it is nice being the biggest club in our league we have never really had that before.
PreviousNext