u RLFANS.COM - Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Board index Other Forums Other Sports Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 84  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:21 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

AaronBull wrote:Just Phelan then! Colbeck doesn't really count.. :lol:

You're right there.

The lad will be preparing for the new season with Thackley or Eccleshill United this time next year, if he's lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:59 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Asim wrote:
Not impressed with this air-horn suggestion though!

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:20 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Not a great result for us yesterday but there were promising signs in the performance. Alex Rhodes impressed, worked very hard but some of his crossing was a bit wayward. Conlon's hold up play was excellent. Ndumbu-Nsungu got the goal but other than that I thought his first touch was appalling. Hopefully when Thorne is fit we'll have someone to profit from Conlon's lay offs.

Bit worried about Evans, looked a bit pedestrian at times. I'd like to see a bit of Scott Phelan but it's a case of either/or, because a midfield of Phelan and Evans would lack a bit of height :lol:

Mistake number 1 in Stuart McCall's managerial career: Not taking Ricketts off when he could barely walk. That could have cost us the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:28 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

GCM1980 wrote:Mistake number 1 in Stuart McCall's managerial career: Not taking Ricketts off when he could barely walk. That could have cost us the game.

Hmm, I've seen our reserve keeper play so I'm not going to agree! The thing that annoyed me was we kept passing it back to Ricketts who could barely kick it, but nevermind!

Agree with most of your comments really, thought we played some good stuff at times but lacked fluency, then again there were 6 debutants so that was bound to happen, I was amazed at some of Barry Conlon's skill, I just wish he'd attack the ball more in the box, he seems to just let the ball hit him. My biggest concern was a lack of bodies in the box, getting Thorne fit is a must but we could also do with someone from the midfield getting in good positions too.

Oh, and before I forget, it was never a penalty, it was actually a superb tackle - so Macclesfield can feel a little hard done by!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:21 am 
100% League Network Subsite
100% League Network Subsite

Anyone off to Wolves on Wednesday?

I'll be there, keeping the faith and all.

The BullPen - Bradford Bulls Fansite: //bradfordbulls.wordpress.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:40 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Asim wrote:Hmm, I've seen our reserve keeper play so I'm not going to agree! The thing that annoyed me was we kept passing it back to Ricketts who could barely kick it, but nevermind!

Agree with most of your comments really, thought we played some good stuff at times but lacked fluency, then again there were 6 debutants so that was bound to happen, I was amazed at some of Barry Conlon's skill, I just wish he'd attack the ball more in the box, he seems to just let the ball hit him. My biggest concern was a lack of bodies in the box, getting Thorne fit is a must but we could also do with someone from the midfield getting in good positions too.

Oh, and before I forget, it was never a penalty, it was actually a superb tackle - so Macclesfield can feel a little hard done by!

Fair enough, I've never seen Saynor play. I just think it was a very dangerous move. You're right about the backpasses though. Wethers and Williams even seemed reluctant to take free-kicks for him!

Some of Conlon's headers were a little weak, not sure why he took the penalty, thought Evans might have stepped up.

As for the penalty, they did gt away with two handball's just minutes before. Their right back scooping the ball out for a corner was particularly amusing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:53 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

AaronBull wrote:Anyone off to Wolves on Wednesday?

Nah, it will be an interesting test though - we couldn't have got a much harder draw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:25 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Hereford 0-0 Millers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:11 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Shrewsbury v Bradford on saturday and i think thish will be a loss for the bantams :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:46 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Great win for City tonight, 2-1 at Lincoln. Lets hope the season can really get going now. Good to see Peter Thorne in action at last.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 839 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 84  Next

It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:03 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com