WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Board index Other Forums Other Sports Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:07 pm  

User avatarGCM1980 wrote:
GCM1980 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Asim wrote:
Well, I don't know about the chairman, but whoever writes the headlines on the official site has almost got it right (just need to remove the colon).

I have to say I'm glad I'll soon be out of the country for six months and miss most of the season.

I wish I could say the same. I haven't picked up my Season Ticket yet..... I wonder if I can get a refund?!
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm  

richie166 wrote:
richie166 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Go on the Daggers!

Great start, 2-1 at Crewe. Johnny Nurse scored a 35 yard volley apparently!

I gotta say i'm pretty scared about Notts, i'm going there to watch Dagenham in two weeks and a 5-0 drubbing would put a dampener on the weekend!
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:20 pm  

User avatarAsim wrote:
Asim User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

GCM1980 wrote:
I wish I could say the same. I haven't picked up my Season Ticket yet..... I wonder if I can get a refund?!

Am I imagining things or didn't Dave Baldwin come out with some comment about giving people their money back if we didn't go up and they didn't want to watch League 2 again when sales started off slowly last season?

He must be glad he didn't make it a formal offer, I got a text at half time today from a friend saying that he couldn't face another season and that I could have his season card (we've gone all upmarket now) until I go, sadly I think he might have been 100% serious.
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:40 pm  

User avatarBluesky wrote:
Bluesky User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

richie166 wrote:
Go on the Daggers!

I gotta say i'm pretty scared about Notts, i'm going there to watch Dagenham in two weeks and a 5-0 drubbing would put a dampener on the weekend!

He did, it was a good strike, and it was the highlight of a pretty poor game.

Same old for the Railwaymen I'm afraid - the defensive errors were numerous and downright embarrassing.
Oxbridge graduates with educated lisps campaigning for blue salt bags in their tatey crisps
Kevin Keegan endorsing brut, the football boot, and the bubble cut
Posers with haircuts fixed on a hinge which swing from a quiff into a fringe
Punks with Anarchy tattooed on their faces complaining when the buses are a few minutes late...

My Flickr
Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:46 pm  

User avatarAsim wrote:
Asim User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

richie166 wrote:

It might sound churlish to say this after a 5-0 drubbing, but I don't think Notts are that good.

Until Sven came in they were 33-1 for the title, yep they have signed a couple of good players for this level since then but they have to make up 35 points on last seasons efforts to get a promotion place and I'd be surprised if it is as plain sailing for them as some people think.

It does seem they were well drilled today, and knew exactly how to exploit our weaknesses, but we made things difficult for ourselves through sheer ineptitude.
Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 pm  
Mooseland Giant User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

89th min goal from Paul Warne gets a win for Rotherham over Accrington at home, sounded like a scrappy game, and one we should have lost to be fair, so definatly will take that :)
Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:06 pm  
LFCPatriotRhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Andy Liddell = legend :) ( his Ma and Pa live round the corner from me) After what hes been through he deserves a good season :)
Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:10 am  
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

LFCRhino wrote:
Andy Liddell = legend :) ( his Ma and Pa live round the corner from me) After what hes been through he deserves a good season :)

Cracking pick up by Rotherham there, cant wait to see what he does for us
Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:49 pm  

richie166 wrote:
richie166 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

richie166 wrote:
Go on the Daggers!

So i was two goals off then! it was a truly shocking performance from us, no real chances until we hit the post in 90+ minute
Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:43 am  
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Millers 2-1 Rochdale

Good win that, nice to see Adam le Fondre getting a goal against his ex club too :)
PreviousNext