WWW.RLFANS.COM
https://retro.rlfans.com/

Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....
https://retro.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=293679
Page 80 of 84

Author:  Asim [ Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Seems Gareth Evans might have saved McCall's job (for now).

Apparently the whole board plus potential replacement Ian Atkins were in the stands at Plainmoor this afternoon.

Looking at his record in this division I don't think Atkins would be a bad shout, Jim Gannon is another one I'd be looking at.

Author:  Mooseland Giant [ Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Seriously Rotherham..... Losing to Darlington TWICE in 2 weeks... :evil:

Author:  GCM1980 [ Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

McCall on the way out, at last.

Author:  Asim [ Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

GCM1980 wrote:McCall on the way out, at last.

Sad, but for the best.

I hope we don't appoint a caretaker until the end of the season, we need a new permanent man in now.

I also hope whoever it is has no prior association with the club, certainly not from the last decade - it's all been downhill and I can't help but feel there's too much acceptance of our situation from people, as if after what we have been through we should just be happy to be plodding along.

Author:  GCM1980 [ Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Asim wrote:Sad, but for the best.

I hope we don't appoint a caretaker until the end of the season, we need a new permanent man in now.

I also hope whoever it is has no prior association with the club, certainly not from the last decade - it's all been downhill and I can't help but feel there's too much acceptance of our situation from people, as if after what we have been through we should just be happy to be plodding along.

I'm just worried they'll go for Dean Windass! I agree about someone with no prior association, but having said that I just wonder if Bobby Davison would be worth approaching? The rumour doing the rounds is that Ian Atkins has been lined up, who I know very little about.

Author:  Andy Gilder [ Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

It needs someone with a record of success in the lower leagues, not a "name" ex-player.

The fear is that they'll give it to someone like Jacobs or Weatherall simply because they'll be cheap.

Author:  GCM1980 [ Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Andy Gilder wrote:It needs someone with a record of success in the lower leagues, not a "name" ex-player.

The fear is that they'll give it to someone like Jacobs or Weatherall simply because they'll be cheap.

Sounds easy doesn't it?

John Coleman is the only realistic option. He's off contract at the end of the season.

Author:  Asim [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Peter Taylor has the job until the end of the season according to SKY, he's certainly got the right track record for the job.

Might turn out to be a mistake not to give him a longer contract IMO, if he does well he might well be snapped up by someone further up the leagues.

Author:  GCM1980 [ Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Asim wrote:Peter Taylor has the job until the end of the season according to SKY, he's certainly got the right track record for the job.

Might turn out to be a mistake not to give him a longer contract IMO, if he does well he might well be snapped up by someone further up the leagues.

He was the one I wanted and he should definitely have been tied down for a couple of years.

Author:  Andy Gilder [ Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Football League 2 Fans Speak Here....

Apparently Taylor agreed that he would work on a contract to the end of the season, on a trial basis if you like, but is keen to make it a longer term deal having compared the situation at Bradford to the one he inherited at Hull City.

Page 80 of 84 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/