WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Championship Fans speak here...

Board index Other Forums Other Sports Championship Fans speak here...

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:02 pm  

User avatarash4hullfc wrote:
ash4hullfc User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:50 pm
Posts: 15505
Location: Learning from the best...

espanyolswan wrote:
Went to Peterborough years back and backed our keeper Roger Freestone to score first at 100/1 in a cup match (it was a local bookies at the ground and they did not know he took the pens), didn't happen but went back a few weeks later in the league and he was 6/1 favourite....if only :evil:

I hope he didn't score in that second game, that would have been painful!

Does he fancy a game for us? We could do with a penalty taker. :lol:
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:05 pm  

User avatarespanyolswan wrote:
espanyolswan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 pm
Posts: 5032
ash4hullfc wrote:
I hope he didn't score in that second game, that would have been painful!

Does he fancy a game for us? We could do with a penalty taker. :lol:



No he did not then soon after Jan Molby came and the penalty king keeper was over for good (think he got 3 in total and did not miss once).

He must be 48 or so now and he retired from Newport with a dodgy hip so yeah I'm sure he'd love to play for you :lol:
Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 pm  

User avatarash4hullfc wrote:
ash4hullfc User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:50 pm
Posts: 15505
Location: Learning from the best...

espanyolswan wrote:
No he did not then soon after Jan Molby came and the penalty king keeper was over for good (think he got 3 in total and did not miss once).

He must be 48 or so now and he retired from Newport with a dodgy hip so yeah I'm sure he'd love to play for you :lol:

Owner/Manager/Player/Groundsman will be his offical title.
Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 pm  

User avatarRoofs wrote:
Roofs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 15807
Location: East Hull
ash4hullfc wrote:
I don't want to wait for those games after we've just been hammered 4-0!

Funny you mentioned those two teams actually, they're both games I'm quite looking forward to.


The Scunny game at their place is on a Tues night in October IIRC, gonna def try and get to it. :)

Hey away shirt came today, looks brilliant, really pleased with it. :D Will try and get some pics on tommorow. :)

Wish we still had someone like the Giants away in SL - could have got Newcastle home shirt printed in Hudds football half of the club shop. :lol:
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol:


[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]
Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 am  

User avatarRoofs wrote:
Roofs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 15807
Location: East Hull
Image

Image

:DANCE: :ROCKS: :CLAP:

:)
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol:


[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]
Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:34 am  

User avatarespanyolswan wrote:
espanyolswan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 pm
Posts: 5032
Did you pick Taylor as the most likely one to stay????
Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:54 am  

User avatarRoofs wrote:
Roofs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 15807
Location: East Hull
espanyolswan wrote:
Did you pick Taylor as the most likely one to stay????


Well I think he's a class defender (and he's practically a Geordie) anyway, but yeah to be honest it was also a factor, as he'd pledged last season to stay regardless of whether or not Newcastle survived, which I really respect him for.
Thought at one moment about getting Martins, glad I didn't now obviously. :oops: :lol:
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol:


[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]
Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:58 am  

User avatarespanyolswan wrote:
espanyolswan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:21 pm
Posts: 5032
Roofs wrote:
Well I think he's a class defender (and he's practically a Geordie) anyway, but yeah to be honest it was also a factor, as he'd pledged last season to stay regardless of whether or not Newcastle survived, which I really respect him for.
Thought at one moment about getting Martins, glad I didn't now obviously. :oops: :lol:



Fair play to him if he helps get you back up...that's the sort of lad you need.
Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 am  

User avatarRoofs wrote:
Roofs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 15807
Location: East Hull
espanyolswan wrote:
Fair play to him if he helps get you back up...that's the sort of lad you need.


Agree 100% mate, he puts flops like Marcelinho, Boumsong, Bramble etc to shame with his effort, committment and attitude. :BOW: :CLAP: :)
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol:


[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]
Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:41 am  

User avatarRoofs wrote:
Roofs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 pm
Posts: 15807
Location: East Hull
Newcastle have sold out their full allocation for Saturday's first game of the season away to West Brom.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne ... 33,00.html

:CLAP:

C'mon the Toon. :PRAY:
"The Mail understands..." NOTHING! :SUBMISSION: :lol:


[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]Respect to Roofs, the president of East Hull. :wink:[/quote]
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Other Sports


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
5,056,23090078,1614,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and fixtures and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
YOU HAVE RL CHAT OFF
Please Support RLFANS.COM


YOU HAVE RL FIXTURES OFF
RLFANS Recent Posts