Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:53 am 
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 3925
Location: Warrington
Angels lost to the Padres in the 13th Inning.

Frankly even I was thankful they put us out our misery. Didn't even remotely look like being capable of scoring in the extra's - could have gone on all night. Sad that it was a fumble in the field which gave them the winning run though, and even worse that it was a Pitcher who won it for them. :/






WARRINGTONIAN!

EVERTONIAN!

CLINTONIAN!

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:59 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 27757
Location: In rocket surgery
If you haven't seen it I can recommend Sugar which is on iPlayer until late Sunday night. It's about the minor league system and bringing through overseas talent i.e. basically bypassing immigration laws for sport and what that means for those involved.






An Ode to Sepp Blatter

Dadbod

Next In Line To The Throne

St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes

Follow my wisdom on Twitter

Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:35 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:34 pm
Posts: 8799
Location: Exiled
McClennan wrote:If you haven't seen it I can recommend Sugar which is on iPlayer until late Sunday night. It's about the minor league system and bringing through overseas talent i.e. basically bypassing immigration laws for sport and what that means for those involved.


Its a great film, saw it not a couple of months back. Very moving and insightful.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:56 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 27757
Location: In rocket surgery
Well out mini streak came to an end last night. After taking two from three in Yankeee Stadium then a four game sweep of Atlanta we lose to the Rockies who've just come off what I think was the longest losing streak in MLB, at home. Sheesh lol. Can't complain though because our pitching has been electric. Was reading the other day that Chapman has had something like 30% swing and misses on strikes he's thrown which is twice as high as the next nearest pitcher.






An Ode to Sepp Blatter

Dadbod

Next In Line To The Throne

St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes

Follow my wisdom on Twitter

Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:29 pm 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:58 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: TD Garden
Rays beat the Red Sox 7-4






Lord Stanley is back where he belongs

"Yeah we play stupid. I guess smart enough to win a Cup"

Woo Woo Woo You Know It!!!!!

//facebook.com/PaulGleed //www.twitter.com/paul_gleed84

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 4:00 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Posts: 23168
Location: Greatness
McClennan wrote:Well out mini streak came to an end last night. After taking two from three in Yankeee Stadium then a four game sweep of Atlanta we lose to the Rockies who've just come off what I think was the longest losing streak in MLB, at home. Sheesh lol. Can't complain though because our pitching has been electric. Was reading the other day that Chapman has had something like 30% swing and misses on strikes he's thrown which is twice as high as the next nearest pitcher.



Latos and Leake have stpped up after bad starts. St louis doing well to hang in there with all their injuries.






Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:05 am 
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:58 pm
Posts: 1868
Location: TD Garden
Rays add Hideki Matsui to there Roster






Lord Stanley is back where he belongs

"Yeah we play stupid. I guess smart enough to win a Cup"

Woo Woo Woo You Know It!!!!!

//facebook.com/PaulGleed //www.twitter.com/paul_gleed84

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:18 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Berea, Ohio
Not long to go






70% of the Earth is covered by water... the other 30% is covered by Joe Haden

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:21 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 27757
Location: In rocket surgery
Okay. Who is interested in fantasy baseball for this year? At moment, looking to hold a draft on Sunday 24th. Time to be determined according to availability etc. Allow two hours for the draft.

First time suggestion is 7pm.






An Ode to Sepp Blatter

Dadbod

Next In Line To The Throne

St Helens and a Fitting End to a Season of Unsung Heroes

Follow my wisdom on Twitter

Top 100 films of the 00s - The Top 5

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MLB 2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:44 am 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Berea, Ohio
McClennan wrote:Okay. Who is interested in fantasy baseball for this year? At moment, looking to hold a draft on Sunday 24th. Time to be determined according to availability etc. Allow two hours for the draft.

First time suggestion is 7pm.



I'm in Bruh






70% of the Earth is covered by water... the other 30% is covered by Joe Haden

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next





It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:13 am

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:13 am
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,983,9081,71877,9044,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





30

.