Board index Other Forums Other Sports Football Manager 2012



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:50 am 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6715
I got the game yesterday and downloaded it through Steam - will this be the latest patch??

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:48 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28042
Location: Warrington
Wilde 3 wrote:I got the game yesterday and downloaded it through Steam - will this be the latest patch??


I would think so. If you are playing it through Steam, it will tell you if it's not.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:54 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6715
Saddened! wrote:I would think so. If you are playing it through Steam, it will tell you if it's not.



Cool thanks, not bought it for a couple of years so is a differnet way of installing.

Just trying to look through the sites now to find the best face packs, logos, kit packs etc.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:52 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 5249
I'm still in the championship with the Terriers, got to the playoff final with a solid run in with about 15 games to go, got in on points difference. However, lost in the final 3-1 to Blackpool after going 1-0 up. Made a few new signings this year and happy with my squad. Will update at end of season.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:51 pm
Posts: 6319
Location: Leeds
Managed to get into a game. Took on the role as New England Revs manager in the MLS, interesting stuff with the cap, draft, trades ect. In my first season I was runner up in the MLS final, then just finished my second, I won the US Cup and the MLS final, into the 1/4 finals of the NACL.
Want to know how unrealistic this game is? England won Euro 2012, beating Spain, Italy and Germany.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:25 pm 
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:08 am
Posts: 175
onewild wrote:Want to know how unrealistic this game is? England won Euro 2012, beating Spain, Italy and Germany.

Switzerland won the 2014 world cup on my game!

Had a dreadful 2022/23 pre-season as four of my transfer targets rejected sunny Barrow-in-Furness for the likes of Lisbon and Eindhoven. I had to laugh though, as one of my strikers, unable to get a game for Germany, switched allegiances to Kazakhstan :lol: . He had two German caps already though, so how that works out, I have no idea..

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:32 am
Posts: 28186
Location: A world of my own ...
Wilde 3 wrote:
Just trying to look through the sites now to find the best face packs, logos, kit packs etc.

I tend to use www.fm-base.co.uk. Free to sign up, which increases the amount and frequency you can download.






"As you travel through life don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things" - George Carlin

//twitter.com/AndyGilder

//fromthewesternterrace.blogspot.co.uk

This week: Four keys to a Rhinos win in the WCC

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:56 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:36 pm
Posts: 7121
Location: The Midlands
nw636 wrote:I had to laugh though, as one of my strikers, unable to get a game for Germany, switched allegiances to Kazakhstan :lol: . He had two German caps already though, so how that works out, I have no idea..


Must have been friendlies

Havent played in a bit, looking for a team to get going with...






Wigan RLFC

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 am 
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:52 pm
Posts: 28042
Location: Warrington
All my games are the same on FM. I take over a team, like Everton usually but occasionally a lower league team. I have loads of fun developing the squad and turning them into a good side. But then when I win the league/cl I get really bored with it.

I lose interest primarily because you have no way of identifying with the other teams. At the start I know each team and their players, but after three or four years I couldn't name one player or the manager for most of the Premier League sides. It's worse when you go on a few seasons more and the teams are full of regenerated players.

What the game needs is a Sky Sports news set up. So when you are not in matches, you are told what's going on in the world. You would hear about the signings, who they are and where they came from etc. They would also hype up the big matches and controversial incidents etc.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Football Manager 2012
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 pm 
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:14 am
Posts: 6715
Saddened! wrote:All my games are the same on FM. I take over a team, like Everton usually but occasionally a lower league team. I have loads of fun developing the squad and turning them into a good side. But then when I win the league/cl I get really bored with it.

I lose interest primarily because you have no way of identifying with the other teams. At the start I know each team and their players, but after three or four years I couldn't name one player or the manager for most of the Premier League sides. It's worse when you go on a few seasons more and the teams are full of regenerated players.

What the game needs is a Sky Sports news set up. So when you are not in matches, you are told what's going on in the world. You would hear about the signings, who they are and where they came from etc. They would also hype up the big matches and controversial incidents etc.


One complaint that people have had with FM for years is the AI for other teams. When you are developing your own team, it is too easy to get to the top and win everything. The other sides rarely develop their squads - that is something that i think FM13 will have.

Also, you can manage your subscriptions on FM12 - i have Italy, German, French, Spanish and Dutch leagues as playable or watch only, and you can subscribe to their messaging so you hear news from each of the leagues etc. It clogs up your news feed during the season so i cancel them, but then i turn them on again for close season to keep track of latest players etc

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next





It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Retro.rlfans.com is no longer supported, we suggest that you try www.rlfans.com or i.rlfans.com or m.rlfans.com

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:55 pm
POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,985,3501,67177,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 30th Jan 19:45
SL
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 31st Jan 19:30
 CH
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
HULL KR
v
WAKEFIELD
Fri 31st Jan 19:45
SL
ST.HELENS
v
SALFORD
Sat 1st Feb 17:00
SL
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 1st Feb 19:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
YORK
Sun 2nd Feb 14:30
SL
TORONTO
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sun 2nd Feb 15:00
 CH
HALIFAX
v
SHEFFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)





30

.